SUPER TWEETERS

rupy

Hi all,
I just came acrss a u-Tube video about super tweeters (Frw Response going upto 30KHZ and beyond) and how they not only enhance the upper end of speakers but also open up and liven the sound stage.What is your take on this?

Hi all,
I just came acrss a u-Tube video about super tweeters (Frw Response going upto 30KHZ and beyond) and how they not only enhance the upper end of speakers but also open up and liven the sound stage.What is your take on this?
I have a pair of super tweeters in use, that were originally designed for Tannoy speakers. They are hardly audible at my listening position, and I have to go really close with my ear right on the diaphram to hear some screeching noise emanating. I had them for a month or so, and then removed them one day to see if I would notice them gone. Has'nt happened.

I believe it might eventually depend on one's hearing, the room and the speakers in question.

1. In my case, my upper frequency hearing is not very good. I get tested every year, and mine is below average for my age.
3. My speakers have decent Berrylium tweeters, which I think are all I can hear.

Having said the above, others with better ears might notice a difference. Though even I've read how they are supposed to open up the bass and mid range too, has'nt happened in my case.

In case you want to try out, the Batpure super tweeters from Japan are very cheap and are well regarded. Though you need someone to solder them onto a plate and then solder the wires too. The well regarded, but expensive options are townshend super tweeters and fostex ribbons.

I have a pair of super tweeters in use, that were originally designed for Tannoy speakers. They are hardly audible at my listening position, and I have to go really close with my ear right on the diaphram to hear some screeching noise emanating. I had them for a month or so, and then removed them one day to see if I would notice them gone. Has'nt happened.

I believe it might eventually depend on one's hearing, the room and the speakers in question.

1. In my case, my upper frequency hearing is not very good. I get tested every year, and mine is below average for my age.
3. My speakers have decent Berrylium tweeters, which I think are all I can hear.

Having said the above, others with better ears might notice a difference. Though even I've read how they are supposed to open up the bass and mid range too, has'nt happened in my case.

In case you want to try out, the Batpure super tweeters from Japan are very cheap and are well regarded. Though you need someone to solder them onto a plate and then solder the wires too. The well regarded, but expensive options are townshend super tweeters and fostex ribbons.
Thanks you for your valuable opinion.

A Japanese audio expert, his posts speak about his passionate pursuit of finding the perfect harmony in audio systems.
Happy to find him for our FMs.

I have made arrangements for Batpure tweeters,but what about the high pass filter?Is it built in or do I have to put one?

A Japanese audio expert, his posts speak about his passionate pursuit of finding the perfect harmony in audio systems.
Happy to find him for our FMs.
Thanks for sharing.

I have made arrangements for Batpure tweeters,but what about the high pass filter?Is it built in or do I have to put one?
The high pass filter is built in at 20 Khz, so no need to put another one.

1. But one has to be very quick during soldering, too long and too much heat will apparently burn the very fine coil elements.
2. The sensitivity is only 70db, so is very low compared to tweeter. So, might have to play around with ear to ST distance, as well as placement.

All the best :)

Some more answers for 'Are Super tweeters worth it?' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/are-super-tweeters-worth-it.9323/post-247771

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back