SVS pb2000 Duals to JBL 4642a wow

most svs owners in india are compromising but their inner feeling will tell them the truth that SVS PB2000 is not worth the amount we pay i dont want every one to buy jbl but don't go blank and buy svs like me
one of my friend took a single number svs pb2000 for trying it at his home he kept it for 3-7 days, he returned the sub and he told me he will not be buying it and he gave me smile that i will never forget in life and he told me the sub only weighs a lot bro nothing more...hahahahhaha

Your question is valid, and a literal definition of Subwoofer should be to handle Sub-bass not handled by regular full range speaker. so upto 31hz, or at most upto 63hz.

However, with Lifestyle speakers and smaller mains speakers with more limited bass extension, the subwoofer definition has expanded to include all non-localisable bass (upto 120hz or so) or even localisable bass if you look at bose AM5 subs. this is really useful if one has dinky 2ways, because the speakers sound so much cleaner in the midrange, once the bass duties are removed.

Now even the THX specs call for main speaker extension upto 80hz and subs to handle all below that. (any THX expert can weigh in here to provide more clarity) Since sub to main crossovers are typically 2nd order to aid integration (12Db/octave) it is useful for a sub to have a clean response all the way to 160hz.
Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to explain in so much detail. I do agree many small bookshelfs do need the sub to cover up for the bass deficiencies. I did have Bose Am5 sub years ago & your point is absolutely true. Everything's clear.

Last edited:
Dear Fm’s

Please watch this video. I know it’s lengthy but many here are misinformed on what mid bass is and this video will help you understand. The chest slam bass or the heavy bass that hits you on your face is not mid bass. I can testify based on my room response and don’t believe me take a lot at the graph. 18-50 hertz is flat and straight. And in my room I can experience the slam. The issues i am having is the fast and tactile punchy bass. For example in action scenes where there are lot of hand fights and objects, characters are thrown around, pistol shots, cars and bikes crashing,When the actor jumps and lands heavily,closing of car doors heavily, that’s where I feel no bass which is evident with lot of dips after 50hz and a nasty dip in the main region 80hz. These type of scenes need good mid bass. So basically what I have learnt is the chest slam bass or the kick bass or the one that hits u in the face is not midd bass and resides below 60hz which is actually low bass.

Attachments

• 1390E6AF-5C5B-47C0-AD7F-E431956296D0.jpeg
    1390E6AF-5C5B-47C0-AD7F-E431956296D0.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 20
Dear Fm’s

Please watch this video. I know it’s lengthy but many here are misinformed on what mid bass is and this video will help you understand. The chest slam bass or the heavy bass that hits you on your face is not mid bass. I can testify based on my room response and don’t believe me take a lot at the graph. 18-50 hertz is flat and straight. And in my room I can experience the slam. The issues i am having is the fast and tactile punchy bass. For example in action scenes where there are lot of hand fights and objects, characters are thrown around, pistol shots, cars and bikes crashing,When the actor jumps and lands heavily,closing of car doors heavily, that’s where I feel no bass which is evident with lot of dips after 50hz and a nasty dip in the main region 80hz. These type of scenes need good mid bass. So basically what I have learnt is the chest slam bass or the kick bass or the one that hits u in the face is not midd bass and resides below 60hz which is actually low bass.

That's the wonderful thing about the internet. Choice. You can pretty much choose what you want to believe. On one hand is the consumer electronics association CEA and their definitions and specs And then there is the guys youtube video.

Everyone can choose their truth.

For me, I would say that if you can feel it in your chest when people slam car doors then your bass is overcooked. But it's obvious that you like the sound so my (and anyone elses) opinion is irrelevant.

The response you posted if accurately measured is a fairly easy fix. But I guess you would already have sorted that out.

okay guys lets speak the fun part
i can feel my hairs on back and sides move or vibrate a little when some bass scenes plays my friends too can feel any one have this type of experience?hahahahaha;):D
I felt the same way when I experienced bass from open baffles in optimum position. Have moved them from the position ever since.. was next to pooja room and was struck down by family after a couple of months

Well even made in India products cost more compared to us pricing. Take lg Oled tv for example. Made in India but it costs more then us. Now apple has started assembling in India still they charge more and have not reduced the pricing. Bang Bang
Even Indian speakers brand like Sonodyne asking premium price which are equivalent to polk, warf and many others.

I think the review of similar product from audioholics.
Please read the conclusion especially reading the pro sub at home.

Don't waste your money in svs pb2000 they lack mid bass not good for music
movies sounds okish im dint measure with rew i trust my ears but placement never helped they gave only backpain.
pb2000 are hyped up. So don't waste your money. Stay away take an audition to believe. I live in interior part of tamilnadu where demo is not possible so had to depend on reviews. Too bad I was actually felt cheated by the svs pb2000 reviews. This is my opinion svs owners please dont blast me.
I sold (thrown away) both of them and bought these monsters:
https://jblpro.com/en/products/4642a
They sound beautiful for music and thunderous for movies. No placement required (cant move 108kgs) actually to test lol lol)
Believe me, it will shake your entire house. Only, need to work on hiding these subs coz everyone will be afraid looking at these. My sub hunt ends here....
WOW...JBL's rock

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back