SVS PB2000 Unboxing & First Impressions

Yes. I use it

I have always used it from day 1

I believe in that concept

And I think I know a good product when I see one

If u like u can come over someday..

I have soundpath Isolation too, not sure if it does help with removing the vibration on concrete floor but does tightens the bass a bit or it might be attributed to placebo effect, it is certainly much more effective on wooden flooring as I have heard

Yes. I use it

I have always used it from day 1

I believe in that concept

And I think I know a good product when I see one

If u like u can come over someday..
Thanks I will take u up on that offer :)

Like u rightly said, the forum is to share expertise,experience and knowledge. The OP has done that. You are most welcome to post the price of what you purchace, what’s the need to tell others to do the same?

As an example. I have bought equipment worth lacs from one dealer. He is very happy to pass along most of his profit to me. But why would he want to do that for a customer who’s a one off? He can’t give the price he gives me, say for example, to you. Hence sometimes prices are not shared on a open forum. Why is that so difficult to digest. The thread is a review thread. Not a “kitne mein liya” or kya “average deta hai” thread.

And just to clarify, would u like to know the mrp or discounted price?

@Arjun4 i just picked up the lil SB1000. I decided to go with a sealed box because my room is untreated to most extent. What made you decide between the pb and the sb? When I heard both side by side, the pb was louder, punchier. Definately the big noises like explosions and gunshots were produced with a lot of power. The sb however, was tighter and cleaner. It didn’t sound like a subwoofer at all. It didn’t have any chest moving impact like the pb did, but I just liked the way the sb sounded. And my only use is for HT not music.

You completely missed the point again. Please read my original post, I clearly mentioned that if someone has received preferential pricing then no one is asking for a piece of that pie, instead if you are in the forum there absolutely should not be any hesitation to post the general 'market price' or going rate.

And u keep missing the point too. The MRP is clearly available on any search or on any online store. What's the obsession with the MRP? It's holds absolutely no ground whatsoever. One can easily get from 10% to 40% on the MRP. What matters is the final price one buys it for. In India, the MRP is anyways exaggerated.

@Arjun4[/USER] i just picked up the lil SB1000. I decided to go with a sealed box because my room is untreated to most extent. What made you decide between the pb and the sb? When I heard both side by side, the pb was louder, punchier. Definately the big noises like explosions and gunshots were produced with a lot of power. The sb however, was tighter and cleaner. It didn’t sound like a subwoofer at all. It didn’t have any chest moving impact like the pb did, but I just liked the way the sb sounded. And my only use is for HT not music.

'P' in PB stands for 'ported' & 'S' in SB stands for 'sealed' sub. Per SVS ported sub perform well for movies and sealed ones for music. My preference is 90% movies & 10 % Music, so bought PB1000 first and now upgraded to PB2000. If you're looking for chest thumping bass and your preference mostly is movies, then 'PB' is your guy.
Please refer the below for more info
https://www.svsound.com/blogs/svs/75367747-sealed-vs-ported

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back