Taga - TAV 606 V3 - 5.0 Speaker System

Not found any measurable difference in sound output. Just two separate speaker cable connected with single output of avr. Pls see the pic..below.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
Is it okay if i use a single wire connected to the first available L/R plugs like we use for most speakers and leave the additionally present two plugs without any connectivity? Sorry completely new to this concept, please advice.

Hi, that's not the right way. On each speaker there are four plugs as you call them. They are binding posts, now 2 will be + ve and 2 are - ve. You have to first connect the two positive ones using the supplied jumper or if not use speaker wire. Now both positive posts are connected to each other. Repeat the same for negative terminals.

Then from the AVR connect the positive and negative terminals to the corresponding ones on the speaker. Take care that nothing is shorted, in other words positive and negative wires should not touch each other.

After doing it don't switch on immediately, take a break then recheck the connections and switch on the AVR with 20? volume and test. You should be able to hear full bodied sound from both left and right speaker. Once you are convinced that all is well you are free to increase the volume.

Hope this helps

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

Hi, that's not the right way. On each speaker there are four plugs as you call them. They are binding posts, now 2 will be + ve and 2 are - ve. You have to first connect the two positive ones using the supplied jumper or if not use speaker wire. Now both positive posts are connected to each other. Repeat the same for negative terminals.

Then from the AVR connect the positive and negative terminals to the corresponding ones on the speaker. Take care that nothing is shorted, in other words positive and negative wires should not touch each other.

After doing it don't switch on immediately, take a break then recheck the connections and switch on the AVR with 20? volume and test. You should be able to hear full bodied sound from both left and right speaker. Once you are convinced that all is well you are free to increase the volume.

Hope this helps

Superbly explained with all simplicity. Thanks a lot sgautam. :clapping:

Actually I received my taga harmony special edition set yesterday..and I am wondering how this is going to connect.
Hi MNZ_9482,
How is your HT performing? It will be nice if you can give us a short review on TAGA 606SE with Denon 520BT performance/
:clapping:

Hello nipunkx,

very first the combination of both Avr + Speaker are well configure.
Most time i am watching movies from DTH HD connection..in which some channels able to produce that Dolby digital effects and which isnt AVR doing their part in that case.

Comes to the volume level depends on channel broadcasting only...volume level always need to keep above 60..for deep bass effect.
Some time i feel here may required more power from AVR..
Most of the most i checked volume level 70. which is more enough for 12*15 room size.

With the floor standers only (inbuilt woofer) are more sufficient no need to purchase any extra. With volume 65...and move like Jurassic world, Avengers, Battle ship, whole floor sofas, wooden bed are vibrating..
Again test with woofer test sounds..and no distortion of sound or cracking of speakers found.

For music i don't get that much time for hear..may be this floor standers are not enough for every one to be able like this set.

Coming to the AVR..Doing well..no heating with continue watching movie with volume level 65..
Also did Auto-calibration and worked well.
i like android app which control AVR without operating the remote.

Here i can say, for movie lovers this setup is very well organised..
And, whom they required more power can go with high end AVR..

This is only i can able to explain..

Last edited:
Thanks a loooooooot for your review mnz_9482 :clapping::clapping::clapping:
Truly appreciate your effort in letting other know the performance of the combination you have chosen. It will no doubt help other to decide make a purchase.

Can onkyo 737 drive taga harmony 606 se easily? Because the seller says onkyo 737 can drive 606 v3 but underpowered for se. Please clarify friends

Just check similar rated amp / speakers before you make the purchase. That would not make you disappoint. Because few sellers would make you fool just for sake of selling their products. So audition there and then make the payment.

Friend i checked yesterday. Only when volume is more than 45. my amp was able to drive the 606v3 which i also saw and felt. And he says for 606 se we will have to crank the volume upto 60 which will cause the receiver to strain and also it will be a fatigue for ears when we watch movie or hear music for more than 3 hours.Is it so?

Friend i checked yesterday. Only when volume is more than 45. my amp was able to drive the 606v3 which i also saw and felt. And he says for 606 se we will have to crank the volume upto 60 which will cause the receiver to strain and also it will be a fatigue for ears when we watch movie or hear music for more than 3 hours.Is it so?

For me, with denon 520BT and taga SE...always need to keep volume 50+..

nipunkx,
If possible try to demo it with both AVR...520Bt / VSX531k

And if your budget is constraint then go with VSX531-K+Tav606 SE..

Hi technically SE is more sensitive 91db than V3 which is 90db. So it should be able to give higher volume for same power. Does the dealer has SE stock or is he pushing to clear V3. Just ascertain, best thing is to wait for SE and demo once. It seems to be of better quality than V3.

My suggestion is to have patience, don't target to buy today or tomm. Take your time, if you are not satisfied with your buy then it will be a nagging trouble later. I speak from experience, lost lot of money on impulse buys. [emoji27]

Last edited:
TAV-606F v.3 - Floorstanding Speakers

Design: 3-way, crossover points 500Hz 3.8kHz
High-Frequency Driver: 25mm (1"), TWG faceplate
Midrange Driver: 133mm (5.25")
Bass Driver: 2 x 165mm (6.5")
Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-120W
Frequency Response: 40Hz-25KHz
Impedance: 6 ohm
Sensitivity: 90 dB
Dimensions (H x W x D): 98 x 23 x 25 cm (excl. spikes)

TAV-606F SE - Floorstanding Speakers

Design: Floorstanding
3-way, 4 drivers, Bi-wiring,
12mm MDF enclosure
Crossover points 650Hz, 4.5kHz
High-Frequency Driver: 25mm (1"), TWG faceplate
Midrange Driver: 133mm (5.25")
Bass Driver: 2 x 165mm (6.5")
Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-150W
Frequency Response: 36Hz-25KHz
Impedance: 6 ohm
Sensitivity: 91 dB
Dimensions (H x W x D): 98 x 23 x 25 cm (excl. spikes)

90 to 91 db ? can you please elaborate more on this.

Thanks a lot Vinoth. and gautam. As our friend has quoted the SE specs says 20 to 150w where as my 737 spec shows only 20 to 125 w @ 6 ohms. Thatswhat confuses me means speaker needs 150 watts max and my reciver can provide only 125 watts max? Sorry i dont have any knowledge in this thatswhy i need experts opinions please

Last edited:
Hi, for every 3 db increase in sound pressure level SPL twice the amount of power is reqd. So theoretically SE should use 20-30? lower power to produce the same SPL. Don't go by the no of drivers of each speaker. That doesn't matter, even a small bookshelf e.g diamond 9.0 is much harder to drive than the above two big floorstanders. For instance I used to drive my magnat supreme 1000s with a topping amp for years getting decent SPL. Even that was 91 db.

Coming to matching of the watts, yes it's beneficial if the amp has higher power output than the speakers can handle since distortion sets late and hence no damage to speakers. But to get a stable 150 watt power AVR you need to spend a lac or above. So my advise is don't bother about these watts and power etc. All you need is around 30/40 watts of continuous power and a spike of 70-80 to handle sudden explosions etc. You will never even use 100 watts anyway. So once again - check your AVR with the identified speaker set and listen. If you like then only buy, don't get into technicalities too much. It's like comparing different 100 cc bikes. All can do 90% of the jobs well. It's the way they deliver that matters and the brand of course. Your AVR is powerful enough in my opinion for first time users. Hope this helps

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back