Tannoy Revolution XT8F

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

Sorry for the long wait. I was out of Mumbai for a long time on some training.

A few pics of the speaker's are due. In terms of quality they are phenomenal and well built. Even the nuts on the driver cone has "tannoy" embroidered! The attention to detail is just fascinating.

In terms of sound, I have not heard anything that even comes close. Then again, this is my first really expensive buy, everything before this was budgeted speakers. I never used pure direct with any of my other speakers. With the tannoy, I'm only listening to music on pure direct.

Occasionally on some tracks the bass will be heavy I felt. There can be so many reasons for that. However the quality of the bass is, again, better than anything I had heard before.

These speakers are just all about quality. They just sit there and do their job. That's probably a reason why they are not that good with movies. In a manner of speaking, relatively.

Forgot to mention. The synergy between the Yamaha, emotiva power amp and the speakers is what really surprised me. It's a great link up!

Attachments

• IMG-20180526-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20180526-WA0025.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG-20180526-WA0024.jpg
    IMG-20180526-WA0024.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG-20180526-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20180526-WA0023.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG-20180526-WA0022.jpg
    IMG-20180526-WA0022.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG-20180526-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20180526-WA0021.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG-20180526-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20180526-WA0020.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG-20180526-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20180526-WA0027.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG-20180526-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20180526-WA0026.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 160
Just going to copy paste what our fm joshua had to say when he came over. Joshua also helped me in deciding to buy my previous set of speakers which were the def tech SM45 bookshelves. I regard his opinion and advice very highly and he is always been there to help.

"I had the good opportunity to visit Derek to hear his new Tannoy Revolution XT-8F speakers. In fact his Yamaha Aventage AVR, Emotiva BAS-X A300 power amp, Schiit and Hagerman phono preamps, even the TV have changed from the last time I visited. I had supreme fun browsing through the offerings on Tidal highres music streaming. It was the first time for me. They have an impressive collection, though by no means exhaustive.

We made minor adjustments to one speaker to have equal SPL from the left and right speakers.

The sound from the Tannoy is way, way more refined than the Deftech bookshelves. Mid centric male and female vocals are a real pleasure to listen to. Vocals have a warm presence and the singer really sings for you in the room. Highs are likely to open up further with more hours. Being a large-ish floor stander, bass can be a bit overwhelming on bass-heavy tracks, but otherwise on regular tracks it was unobstrusive. Hearing proper weight and texture of acoustic standing bass is always a great pleasure, and the Tannoy did a remarkably good job. Our source for most of the evening was Tidal, though we played a few tracks on the Technics 1200 (after swapping out to a brand new Audio Technica AT 440 MLB cartridge). We also swapped from his Schiit Mani phono preamp to the Hagerman. I felt that both played in the same performance ballpark, but it's too early to judge as the cartridge was just mounted."

Just going to copy paste what our fm joshua had to say when he came over. Joshua also helped me in deciding to buy my previous set of speakers which were the def tech SM45 bookshelves. I regard his opinion and advice very highly and he is always been there to help.

"I had the good opportunity to visit Derek to hear his new Tannoy Revolution XT-8F speakers. In fact his Yamaha Aventage AVR, Emotiva BAS-X A300 power amp, Schiit and Hagerman phono preamps, even the TV have changed from the last time I visited. I had supreme fun browsing through the offerings on Tidal highres music streaming. It was the first time for me. They have an impressive collection, though by no means exhaustive.

We made minor adjustments to one speaker to have equal SPL from the left and right speakers.

The sound from the Tannoy is way, way more refined than the Deftech bookshelves. Mid centric male and female vocals are a real pleasure to listen to. Vocals have a warm presence and the singer really sings for you in the room. Highs are likely to open up further with more hours. Being a large-ish floor stander, bass can be a bit overwhelming on bass-heavy tracks, but otherwise on regular tracks it was unobstrusive. Hearing proper weight and texture of acoustic standing bass is always a great pleasure, and the Tannoy did a remarkably good job. Our source for most of the evening was Tidal, though we played a few tracks on the Technics 1200 (after swapping out to a brand new Audio Technica AT 440 MLB cartridge). We also swapped from his Schiit Mani phono preamp to the Hagerman. I felt that both played in the same performance ballpark, but it's too early to judge as the cartridge was just mounted."
Nice looking speakers. Did you audition before buying. Happy listening

Hi all,
I am from Bangalore, and I am truly interested in the Tannoy XT8f.

Unfortunately, they are not listed in any of the Bangalore online stores.

Would anyone have any idea whether they are available in Bangalore or India?

Many thanks in advance,
Nagaraj

Hi

I guess another FM purchased the last one available in India a couple of weeks (nearly a month back).

Speak to Darius....(Total Home Theatres ... 9821557571) and check if he knows or can work out something

Hi all,
I am from Bangalore, and I am truly interested in the Tannoy XT8f.

Unfortunately, they are not listed in any of the Bangalore online stores.

Would anyone have any idea whether they are available in Bangalore or India?

Many thanks in advance,
Nagaraj
No one have tannoy xt series in India i tried every where, was highly interested in xt6f but could not find, in the end contacted tannoy and they said it will take long time bcz of distributor issues and all.
I did not check with above shared total home theater try there.
All the best.

Hearty congratulations on your new speakers celester :)

You got some great speakers there. And you have to spend sometime to optimize their placement. In my humble opinion you need to give them a little more room from back wall and the center cabinet to get controlled bass. Even if they are bottom ported, bass is omni directional. So will need room on all sides.

When you try optimising your speaker placement, please remember that proximity to walls reenforces bass, and distance leads to cancellation. So it is usually safer to increase distance from wall to increase bass cancellation from rear wall reflection, when you feel the bass over powering. All the best...and enjoy your new sound :)

That was a long awaited review @celester340 .
Congratulations on getting a good pair.
Midrange from the tannoy is pretty amazing. Anyone particular on vocals should always Give a listen to this pair.

Looks like the production of Xt8f has stopped ; Fyne audio f502 is the rebadged version of tannoy Xt8f. The same team of engineers who designed Xt8f, have designed Fyne audio f502. It's quite rare to get five star review for speakers on What's hifi within the first year for a new company, but fyne audio has managed to get that. FMs unable to get the Xt8f, can always look forward to auditioning fyne audio f502.

Hi guys, this is a 7 month old thread haha. Since then lots has changed. I've moved to Chennai 4 months back. The tannoys are now connected to a creek Audio revolution 100A amp. Attaching a few pics below.

Attachments

• IMG-20181208-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20181208-WA0002.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG-20181208-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20181208-WA0001.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 116
Haha u know I can’t review anything for nuts man. How about I send u a ticket to chennai? ;)

May be I am the last and lucky owner of this superb speakers in India..I am using it for one month now , very happy and satisfied customer, no more speaker upgrades...

I absolutely love it when someone says...no more stuff for me. That much eluded satisfaction is the end motto. Just enjoy your music. And dont hunt boxes :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back