Tannoy speaker D.I.Y. start to finish

Speakers look like from another world, b e a u t i f u l..... would stay at your property just to listen to them sing, and the car is again something else, cheers
Hi Denzil
This build looks absolutely fantastic. The final look is awesome. I can understand how much though and time you have devoted for it.
And you have a place most ppl can only dream of in this apartmentalised world.
Thanks for the grill cloth link:)

Denzil,

This has to be one of the best threads on the forum in recent times.
Not sure how I missed seeing the pictures of the rest of your place - absolutely fantastic!

Which part of Goa are you based out of?
I have family in Parra (Mapusa). My wife's family is from Saligaon & Aldona.

Regards

Absolutely stunning this! I have absolutely no words to express my expressions!

Thank you for sharing this.

PS: I think I read an article on the Bangalore Times a couple of weeks ago about Goa and its realty spike and it had your name mentioned there.

Denzil,

This has to be one of the best threads on the forum in recent times.
Not sure how I missed seeing the pictures of the rest of your place - absolutely fantastic!

Which part of Goa are you based out of?
I have family in Parra (Mapusa). My wife's family is from Saligaon & Aldona.

Regards

Thanks Nikhil ! Means so much, coming from you ! I live in Siolim, that's where my system and speakers are (hope you can hear it some day). My resort is in Mandrem.
www.aSeaScape.com
www.instagram.com/elsewheregoa

Absolutely stunning this! I have absolutely no words to express my expressions!

Thank you for sharing this.

PS: I think I read an article on the Bangalore Times a couple of weeks ago about Goa and its realty spike and it had your name mentioned there.
Thanks !
PS. Really ? What article ? Do you have the link ?

Envious build there! How does the ladies sing?
Unbelievable difference between the Lancaster cabinets and how they sound now.

Hi,
Great build ! Dedicated and appreciable work & effort. It seems that you have the 1st generation of the gold monitors fitted with the all paper fixed edge cone. This can be upgraded to the Westminster Royal 15 cones for improved overall response.
Vivek
Thanks ! Had a look at your amazing work. Commendable !!!

Amazing build and superb finishing,what was the wood type to start with?
Thanks !Three layers of different denseties. Birch ply, teak on the outside and a sound damping material on the inside, in addition, rock wool and glass wool.

We are all so amazed with the build, the speaker and the crossover ( Is that what it is inside the box ?) and your beautiful home, we all forgot to ask, How does it sound to you ?
Thanks ! Huge difference in sound, far superior compared to the Lancaster cabinets they were in earlier.

Ahh. Thanks. Yes, I saw that article, they are quoting Denzil Xavier, I'm Denzil Sequeira :) but thanks for the trouble of looking for it. Regards, Denzil

Ahh. Thanks. Yes, I saw that article, they are quoting Denzil Xavier, I'm Denzil Sequeira :) but thanks for the trouble of looking for it. Regards, Denzil

What a labor of love ! And what a lovely home ! I am sure the speakers sound fantastic. I have always been fascinated by the uncompressed and open sound of builds using the tannoy gold drivers.

Last edited:
Sme
Speaker cabinets which I made for my Tannoy Monitor Gold 15's. From start to finish.

image sharing

The bottom shelf (in the photo below), is also a window pain brace but the cut out hasn't been done yet.

image hosting free

image to url

free image hosting

upload picture

Happy to answer any questions.

Denzil Sequeir
Somehow I missed this thread, Lovely build .It requires great passion to build such speakers .Kudos to the team involved in it .
Hope it sounds beautiful too! Please share your experience.

Denzil,

Kudos to you and your lovely work.

My first-ever speaker purchase were brand new 15 inch Monitor Golds in a GRF enclosures, in 1968 as I recall.

I have a question.

How did you determine how much internal damping, what type to use, and where to place it???

In 2017 I spent some time removing fibreglass from stock ALTEC VOTT A7-8s, which are factory damped - for Cinema use. ( These A-7s are normally positioned right behind and against the movie screen. )

In the stock VOTT, if used for open / home use, there exists an annoying and unwanted coloration. It went away as soon I reduced the stock padding.

What and how did you go about - and determine how to internally pad your speakers Denzil??

Great looking sir !!

Jeff

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back