TATASKY+ ::::: YPbPr (Component Video) distorted

I have a sony 25" CRT(2 yrs old) connected to my TataSky set top box with composite cables-PQ is quite good.Are there any other options for video cables that might improve PQ

IMHO Your existing setup is good for watching TS in CRTs.

I have exactly the problem (discussed in another thread posted by me). The picture quality is crappy when viewed using Component cables on my LCD Television. It is bad especially when there is some motion in the picture. I tried Tata Sky+ Customer Service, Panasonic's customer service, but no use. It is definitely a Tata Sky+ problem and I am sure everyone has the same problem who are using Tata Sky. It cannot be avoided. It boils down to poor standards of Indian DTH. I don't think other DTH operators (such as Airtel, Reliance Big TV...etc) are any better. The so-called 'DVD Clarity picture' is still a myth and never ever achieved. Unless we go for HD Service like Sun Direct. Tata Sky + doesn't provide any settings to chose on its box. Shame on Indian DTH Operators. The Tata Sky+ technician simply told me: "you will get the picture like this only. if you want clearer picture, try connecting it to CRT-based TV".

I do seem to have a component input(Sony Wega KV-SZ25M80)Does that change options?Does using component I/O with a DVDp improve PQ?What cable do i need to use(price no bar!)?

Component Input always provide better PQ than Composite. Go for it!

and if I switch to a component video cable,how do I get audio from the DVDp to the TV?

Use the same RED & WHITE sockets of the composite to take your Audio-Out from the DVP and feed it into the corresponding RED & WHITE Audio-IN on the TV.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back