Technics 1200

akd

Hi all,

is there any vendor providing Technics 1200 in india. My search has not yielded any result so far. These TTs are slowly disappearing and down the line probably it will become almost extinct. Moreover, as a private ordinary listener I won't be able to buy a "pair" which sometimes dealers offer

Hoping to at least get some one who can provide at a reasonable price.

Arnab

I have no offer, seriously looking for a dealer for a new 1200, all my searches havn't produced any result so far

I am not sure if you can get techincs new piece in India. Do let me know if you can. Getting from US may set you back by about 70-75K! :sad:

If you are from Kolkata you can talk with Roland Pro music. Contact person is Bobby. Mob no: 9831005558. I have bought a SL1210 from him a few months back. Price around 50K. (Sl1200 and 1210 are same. Only difference is colour. 1200-silver, 1210-black.
My set was new and box packed with all the accessories.
It is a rumour that Panasonic has stopped production of sl1200 around some time last year. If u want one you should rush.:eek:hyeah:

Looks like the production has stopped for SL-1200 but I see more of SL-1210. If they are same then I dont know what does that mean?

Any idea about purchasing a used from US? I see many on amazons. Are they reliable?

thanks for all the help, I think I have to buy it from India at a hefty price. I am not comfortable with US 120 V/60Hz issue, so even if I visit will look for something else. No definitive idea about production of Technics 1200s, but its for sure they are becoming extinct so more one ponders higher he will have to pay in future. No way I will buy a used one - if I buy, it will be factory sealed. BTW this is a wonderful forum, sadly am too novice to contribute as electronics is not my cup of tea

cheers
Arnab

thanks for all the help, I think I have to buy it from India at a hefty price. I am not comfortable with US 120 V/60Hz issue, so even if I visit will look for something else. No definitive idea about production of Technics 1200s, but its for sure they are becoming extinct so more one ponders higher he will have to pay in future. No way I will buy a used one - if I buy, it will be factory sealed. BTW this is a wonderful forum, sadly am too novice to contribute as electronics is not my cup of tea

cheers
Arnab

SL1210 is exactly same as SL1200, except that it is in black colour and runs on 230V. This is available from Amazon. Please order it through borderlinx or shopyourworld and you will get it at home for around 50K odd. No big deal.

It was discussed earlier too Audio Tech ...is cheap clone ,lightweight and nowhere near SL 12000 ,nowhere ..this is what I've read

Hemant

Riviera today quoted for pair of SL1200 Mark V - 1.2 lakhs. If anyone's genuinely interested, PM me for contact person of Riviera.
Joshua
disclaimer: I am personally not interested in twelvehundreds right now as I am considering another table (or two) higher up the pecking order:) so I'm not available to pair up with an interested party.

In the same forum Pair was Available for 75 K!!
Can anyone find the date??

Should have invested??? :(((

Riviera today quoted for pair of SL1200 Mark V - 1.2 lakhs. If anyone's genuinely interested, PM me for contact person of Riviera.
Joshua
disclaimer: I am personally not interested in twelvehundreds right now as I am considering another table (or two) higher up the pecking order:) so I'm not available to pair up with an interested party.

Thats a way too high price. One can easily get a piece from amazon with all duties+shipping for about 70-75k.

I did some research and found that this TT has indeed been discontinued. Now, the main question is this is it worth going for a discontinued TT? The spares may become sparse and costly with time. Anyone who invests in this TT obviously plans to keep it for a very long time. 15 years or more..

IMO its worth investing in a model in production rather than a discontinued model however good it may be. Just my two piasters!

60K per table is a day light robbery, the price quoted by Bobby in kolkata (see earlier madman29 post) is 58K, these guys are all bringing that stuff from Singapore and as far as I know Hinhuat is the largest exporter of DJ gears over there

I have also seen some document which seemed authentic that they have really stopped producing these, so its partly true investing heavily on a discontinued product????? but isn't vinyl culture is all together going against the time?? generally each album costs me a few times in vinyl compared to the poorly recorded CD

Technics 1200 will be missed by all even who has seen it

BTW anyone having any specific idea about current price at Hinhuat,Singapore

but isn't vinyl culture is all together going against the time?? generally each album costs me a few times in vinyl compared to the poorly recorded CD

The vinyl has been able to survive even though its predecessors have come and gone like cassettes. Infact there is a renewed interest in the vinyls. Saregama is releasing selected titles in vinyls.

I dont think he is getting one. He is just quoting a post. its the best price IMO if he can get one. I said about one piece, in reply to the 1.2L comment.

so he is getting cheaper one ...only need to find someone like minded

also US TThas issues of voltage converter and 50 hz -60 Hz power supply issues right?

so he is getting cheaper one ...only need to find someone like minded

also US TThas issues of voltage converter and 50 hz -60 Hz power supply issues right?

I did not get this like minded thing? Is he getting two for 58K? You must be joking. If that be so then he can contact me. :licklips:

Edit : ok you mean the 1.2 L offer. Yeah 60k is cheaper considering the price on Amazon, 20N etc. But there are many used ones available too on amazon which are pretty much cheap.

Last edited:
I think he is not ready to buy used

BTW in forum one guy claimed ( through PM) that "MINT" 1200 is available @ B'lre or Chennai at 10 K ,
I requested him to point it out the source , I am ready for 15 K ,and then that guy never answered!1 :))

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back