The Giveaway Thread

santhosh

Friends, let us dedicate this thread to give away AV stuff. We all own things that is no longer of use to us today. But, we never know who may find these useful. So, instead of it collecting dust in our attics and sometimes getting spoilt beyond repair, let use this thread to find a better home for these kind of things:clapping:.

Some rules I could think of:
a) First come first served basis
b) Items could be used or new, working or non-working condition
c) Shipping to be paid by member interested in the item
d) Items posted for give away are in good faith. There should be no bad feelings if the item does not work as expected on arrival etc.

Let us add more rules as required. Suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
For starters, I have an unopened box of TDK AD60 casettes with me. I think the box contains 12 Cassettes. I do not have a tape deck anymore and don't intend going that route again. So I would like to give away these tapes to anyone who can put these to good use. Please post your interest here and I shall courier it to you at my cost. If there is too much of interest in these tapes, I might divide the available numbers equally among you guys.

There was a time in my student days when I used to record my favourite numbers only on these TDK AD60 tapes. IMO those days, this was the closest I could afford to get to CD quality. I used to get the recordings done by Rhythms on St.Marks Road or at Shankar's Music at Malleshwaram. Anyone remember these recording shops in Bangalore?

Some info I found on the net about this series of TDK
The BTG - Tribute to the TDK AD

Last edited:
Fantastic thread, Santhosh. Had the same idea a few days back. Great!!! :)

Shankar's music, Malleshwaram 7th cross, right??

Last edited:
awesome idea and very apt coming from the ultimate gadget guy Mr Q ;)

i have a sony walkman, anyone in bangalore wants it can pick it up! will see if i can post a pic tonight or tomorrow. i also have with it a set of earplugs of unknown unremembered origins will bundle both together. might be able to find the recording wire too!

edit: not sure of condition, will need some cleaning since havent used it for years. actually hardly used it when i had got it. it just lying with me. am sure the rollers are sticky now and head needs cleaning. speed might have to be checked on

Last edited:
Oooh TDK AD60....my band from school we recorded a demo tape and we had copies on TDK AD60....it was supposed to be a big deal those days :)

Santhol, this is a very good thread!

However I have an alternate suggestion: Why not check if it can be donated to a charity? Am fairly sure some of the members may be in touch with charities who can organize this. Most of us here (bless us) are able to afford things that we need or like, however that is not the case with a lot of our fellow citizens. I think this thread is eventually going to turn up a lot of unwanted items (for us) like old 21 CRTs, tape recorders, cassette players, walkmans, cassettes etc. They may be quite useful if we donate them to charities.

I wouldnt mind volunteering but I live in Dubai hence my contribution right now is limited to offering suggestions to forum members in India. Alternatively, if this idea picks up, I will be more than glad to be the online organizer to keep a list of things being offered city-wise and then pass it on to volunteer members from each city. What do you & other members think?

thekinge,

Yours is a good idea. We can make an attempt..

I believe now days charities need only money or unwanted clothes( this also sometime they refuse).

I have an idea earlier disposing my old CRT TV to an charity and checked with few and they are not much interested and they told, already they have and they are not interested in it. Wherever i have visited I noticed they have a assembly hall and there it is already installed and only one which can be seen only on fixed timings.( this includes old age home)

I have an AV Switch with three composite inputs and one composite output. It is made by a well known international brand, though I don't remember the name. It it brand new and unused.

Cheers

I have an AV Switch with three composite inputs and one composite output. It is made by a well known international brand, though I don't remember the name. It it brand new and unused.

Cheers

First Take away in this forum... I will collect it personaly.. I need this.:)

Regards

Friends, let us dedicate this thread to give away AV stuff. We all own things that is no longer of use to us today. But, we never know who may find these useful. So, instead of it collecting dust in our attics and sometimes getting spoilt beyond repair, let use this thread to find a better home for these kind of things:clapping:.

Some rules I could think of:
a) First come first served basis
b) Only members with 100 posts and more can participate in this thread
c) Shipping to be paid by member interested in the item
d) Items posted for give away are in good faith. There should be no bad feelings if the item does not work as expected on arrival etc.
e) Items could be used or new, working or non-working condition

Let us add more rules as required. Suggestions welcome.

hi santhol2 - fantastic idea!

i have a massive number of things that i do not use - and i will list them soon- like tomorrow!:)

regards,
suri

yes, and in the spirit of giving - it should be free - except the cost of shipping

Last edited:
thekinge,

Yours is a good idea. We can make an attempt..

I believe now days charities need only money or unwanted clothes( this also sometime they refuse).

I have an idea earlier disposing my old CRT TV to an charity and checked with few and they are not much interested and they told, already they have and they are not interested in it. Wherever i have visited I noticed they have a assembly hall and there it is already installed and only one which can be seen only on fixed timings.( this includes old age home)

hi,

Sorry for causing interruption to this thread.

If you're willing to, pls let me know. I can show you lot of homes where 500 INR makes a huge difference, yes, I am talking about 2010!

I am not surprised that they rejected your offer, because NGOs are getting commerical of late, especially after the Tsunami.

Cheers!

P.s.: if any guys are interested in charity, social service, please let me know, I can help you reach the needy.

2 Walkmans one sony one aiwa.
gimme a week need to be collected fromamas home from Goregaon Mumbai.
BTW I stay at navi mumbai..

i think both are with am/fm tuner ,lemme see if they are working.

P.S.Battereies not included

Hi,

I have a Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT (512 mb) in good condition, since I have upgraded to a better gigabyte MBD with a HDMI port. I am no longer using this.

Cheers!

We need only AV items to be listed :lol:Not Personal G or UG :lol:

hi santhol2 - fantastic idea!

i have a massive number of things that i do not use - and i will list them soon- like tomorrow!:)

regards,
suri

yes, and in the spirit of giving - it should be free - except the cost of shipping

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back