The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Blu-ray

I ordered it from Amazon US for $49.99 and $8.98 for shipping. It came through i-parcel and local delivery was through express-it. Express-it charged me Rs.780 for customs clearance. Express-it is one of the worst courier service you can think of, there are freaking morons. All my package from amazon US comes through them and can't tell how bad they are. Luckily so for they haven't damaged or misplaced any delivery.

LOTR box set truly a beautiful piece of work, gorgeous, a must have !!! I have the Extended DVD version box set as well which is another masterpiece. They both are proudly displayed in my collection :)

I am totally disappointed by the transfer of The fellowship of the ring. Some might like it but I'm a huge fan of LOTR and the transfer is absolutely rediculous.What Jackson and Lesnie thinking? Were they high when they did this? I was so disappointed and I'm yet to see the other two movies. I mean this just my option, I didn't like it. I am neither audio/video pile. But as a causal viewer I'm disappointed. I thought getting the fellowship theatrical release blu ray which doesn't have this problem but i hear it has its own issue.Thankfully the audio is out of world. One of the best I have.

I ordered it from Amazon US for $49.99 and $8.98 for shipping. It came through i-parcel and local delivery was through express-it. Express-it charged me Rs.780 for customs clearance. Express-it is one of the worst courier service you can think of, there are freaking morons. All my package from amazon US comes through them and can't tell how bad they are. Luckily so for they haven't damaged or misplaced any delivery.

How long Does it took for the Delivery? Does iParcel provided you with any Tracking Number?

How long Does it took for the Delivery? Does iParcel provided you with any Tracking Number?

i dont know what this iparcel is but amazon global usually uses fedex which is handled by dhl in india. and u usually know the exact customs duty u r paying because both amazon global usa and amazon germany bill u for customs as per the existing rates for various goods, so u know exactly what u r paying. and the best part is if the customs duty is actually less u will be refunded the excess but if it is more u wont have to pay the extra amount. just bought an epson perfection v600 photo scanner and got it in 7 working days to s mall town in AP

Yes i-parcel has tracking facility and they are generally good. Generally it take about 7-10 days to get it delivered. The worst thing is the local delivery services Express it takes about 3-4 days...worst courier service i ever came across. Yeah some of the stuff get shipped through FedEx but most of my stuff comes through i-parcel. Dunno why....

Yeah based on your shipping method they charge customs duty deposit. If choose Standard International Shipping they don't take custom duty deposit. For Expedited International Shipping they take custom duty deposit and refund if its less. But most of the time i didn't get anything back. Couple of times i got. But when I bought Logitect Harmony one from amazon.uk they refunded my entire customs duty amount, dunno why and how but that was killer deal.

I feel sometimes not all the time its better use Standard International Shipping since the actual customs duty is less that what amazon takes. This is good in case of blu rays and if you're ordering more than one blu ray. Sometime amazon breaks these shipments and u get one blu ray at a time with no customs :)

Yes i-parcel has tracking facility and they are generally good. Generally it take about 7-10 days to get it delivered. The worst thing is the local delivery services Express it takes about 3-4 days...worst courier service i ever came across. Yeah some of the stuff get shipped through FedEx but most of my stuff comes through i-parcel. Dunno why....

Hi Manny9, even my LOTR is coming via i-Parcel/Expressit, now I'm little bit worried. Is it that they don't take care of the packages/mishandle? Or is it the delay they do for delivery? I can see the tracking that it has reached Bangalore. But should I expect 2-3 days of delay?
And about the customs duty, will they give you a receipt of customs duty paid as the Post Office do?
Regards,

You don't have to worry, the package will be safe. Its just that they take their own sweet time to deliver. Get this, my other package which came through i-parcel reached india in 3 days and its with express it for the past 5 days , it took to 2 days to reach b'lore from mumbai and 3 days in b'lore alone. I just called them and they are saying will deliver tomorrow...super lazy. Before if u call express-it they don't even answer , i used to try at least 30 times for them even to answer my call. They i got their regional manager number and complained..its fine now at least they are are answering the phone... yeah they will give u a customs clearance slip, it should be around Rs 780 or less...

Thanks for assuring me that the package will be safe but may be delayed. Their tracking is showing as Transit-out-to BLRM and BLRM seems to be delivery branch (Although I've no idea what that mean). Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Hi Manny9, you were correct when you said about the Expressit service. It's pathetic, I've trying their contact number today and they are totally useless. They've given some Bangalore office number which are invalid(080 32424793 / 3251 2551). My parcel is showing the same status for last two days and I guess those buggers are taking their own sweet time to do the delivery. Please let me know if you have any other contact number other than the useless customer care numbers?
Regards,

My LOTR was delivered yesterday by Expressit! (was shipped by Amazon US on 27th November)

Actually the Expressit guys called me last Monday to say that there is a COD (cash on delivery) charge (Rs. 745) on my package, I asked him what is this COD for, he said "delivery charges" then I told him everything was paid for during my purchase with Amazon, then he said I need to talk to Amazon about this then I told that I will contact Amazon & told him to call me back the next day! I immediately wrote a mail saying Expressit is demanding additional Rs. 745 (roughly $15) as delivery charges & within 2 hours got a reply from Amazon saying sorry for the inconvenience caused & they will make a refund of $15 to my credit card! (Amazing customer care by Amazon

Then Expressit guy called me again on Tuesday & I told him to make the delivery & I paid Rs. 745 to them as delivery charges (as stated by Expressit)

After opening the package I found a paper slip which says the Rs. 745 is actually the custom duty :mad:

So because of misinterpretation of Expressit of custom duties as delivery charges I made Amazon pay for my custom duties (which I should be paying) :sad:

@KonfuSed - Expressit guys called my from +918032557848 both the times, try calling this number to track your package!

@skdmrk, Thanks for the contact number. I've contacted the number and he in turn gave me the number of the branch office near my area. They said they are coming to deliver it today afternoon sometime. yippeee. But got slapped a duty of 1330Rs :( Bad luck I guess. But still considering total 7 movies that I've ordered it's pretty ok :)

One more thing, I was unable to reach these numbers from my desk phone. But they are reachable on mobile, just in case if someone else also have to try later.

Guys, somehow I'm not convinced that the amount I paid today was actually Customs Duty. I've paid customs duty before and the slip I got from customs deptt was totally different and infact the documents that came along with the package doesn't mention about custom duty anywhere. All these documents are stamped by Expressit themselves and no signature of custom officials nor any mention of any duty being paid. Are we getting fleeced by Expressit who is trying a fast one on us? Is it by any chance another way of cheating us unsuspecting customers? If it was customs duty then surely there would've been a slip from customs deptt, am I right?

Guys: If you have issues with Express IT call this number, 9341454872 Shradha Williams, she is some manager in Express IT and she is better than others. I really wonder how these guys are still in business, haven't come across such a badly run organization in my life....

@KonufSed, if they are not giving you any customs slip don't pay them. In my case they gave a slip with customs officer's seal and signature. If i remember correctly they charged extra Rs 18 for customs clearance. DHL is bit dangerous in this matter, once my custom charges were Rs 200 but their clearance charges is 300 :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back