The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Blu-ray

Got my LOTR today from amazon.uk... started watching Fellowship...I didn't notice any green tinge which lots of people was blabbering about....watched till till fellowship met lady of light...so far no green tinge....Also some one commented it was a long boring movie...but i didn't even see the time that crossed 2 am and just to get some sleep, i stopped the movie.....

Congratulations sukhas:clapping:. How much did you pay for the disks? Did you pay any customs duty? I hope your sherwood bdp didn't make any problem in playing the disks.:rolleyes:

Yeah sadly i ended up paying customs duty of 777.....the less asked about Sherwood the better....i am so much frustrated with it i feel like to throw it out of window......

^^ My LOTR disks are on the way. Bought it from a member who can't play it because of region 'B'. Let me check how my sherwood performs.

Received the regionfree mod kit today and installed it. Life surely is different after you are no longer bound by these stupid region locking regime. LOTR, here I come :D

aah man..only US ones are region free...did ne1 order from US..?? sorry if some one already posted thsi... the thread is quite huge so didnot go thru all of it.

Got my LOTR extended collection today. I bought it from forum member 'godsdevil' for 2.8K + shiipping extra. Thanks godsdevil. My sherwood bdp played the disk after changing the region to 'B'.

Added-

An interesting finding. It seems that Sherwood bdp remembers its region settings even after switching off. I switched off the player (from mains, not the off button) after testing 'Fellowship of the ring' disk 1. The next time I started the player, there was no need for entering the region again. I thought that may be due to the disk present in the player. So I ejected the disk, switched off the player, turn it again on, and popped in the 2nd disk and the player played the disk without region change. I again checked the same with 'Two towers' disk 1 and it played. I'm impressed with sherwood bdp.

PS - I'm seriously thinking about upgrading to a full hd TV from the current panasonic 26". Any suggestions?

Last edited:
^^ I think that's standard with any region-free player. It stays in the changed region till you change it again. Atleast that's what my Oppo does too.

About the TV, go for Panny V20, they are going cheap till stocks last. Best possible buy for the price I think.

But I read somewhere that sherwood and onida bdps reverts back to its default region when witched off. Anyway I'm enjoying LOTR without bothering about region.

I just finished Two Towers.....Wow....it is an experience which is difficult to fathom in mere words.......I don't have any complaints for both Audio or Video....Fabulous....

I have the brand new The Lord of the Rings limited edition that i got from US (Blu Ray Version) .. let me know if anybody is interested ... All packed and sealed

The amazon rate is 3.2K with local shipping ... how about shipping to India ??? Did you think about that ???

yes this is the xtended version of LOTR

I got my LOTR extended from amazon UK for 2.8K. Shipping is free to India if you buy form amazon UK. I don't said the price for the US version is high. I just gave another inexpensive option.

That the nice one you got bro .... but this costed me good when i got it from US ..

I got my LOTR extended from amazon UK for 2.8K. Shipping is free to India if you buy form amazon UK. I don't said the price for the US version is high. I just gave another inexpensive option.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back