The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Blu-ray

Just to confirm the Indian edition is region ABC and it looks like the UK version. So the UK version might be ABC too.

But man,

Mr Srnair has said the following
"
Regarding LOTR Extended edition which I received from Amazon.uk [blue case]..

ALL the BDs are Region B and All the DVDs are Region 2 - [ Fifteen-disc set (6 BDs, 9 DVDs) ]
"

What is your packing color you got from flipkart?

i dont think the colour of the BOX matters or conveys anything :)

if Mr Srnair has ordered from amazon.uk and got region B, then anyone ordering from them will get the same.

but it pisses me off, that they region code, such old movies also.

its total nonsense.

i dont think the colour of the BOX matters or conveys anything :)

if Mr Srnair has ordered from amazon.uk and got region B, then anyone ordering from them will get the same.

but it pisses me off, that they region code, such old movies also.

its total nonsense.
UK version is Region Coded to B as Srnair mentioned and also many from bluray.com members. When Distributors are different, region coding can be expected to secure their sales no matter how old the movies are. In this case US is Warner Bros and UK is Entertainment in Video.

UK version is Region Coded to B as Srnair mentioned and also many from bluray.com members. When Distributors are different, region coding can be expected to secure their sales no matter how old the movies are. In this case US is Warner Bros and UK is Entertainment in Video.
Hi Idlebrain,
Where is the info about distributors? I could not find in bluray.com

Hi Idlebrain,
Where is the info about distributors? I could not find in bluray.com
Just below the title you can see the Studio, Run time, Region and year.
US -> New Line Cinema merged with WB in 2008.
New Line Cinema | 2001-2003 | 3 Movies | 726 min | Rated PG-13 | Region A, B (C untested) | Jun 28, 2011
UK
Entertainment in Video | 2001-2003 | 3 Movies | 683 min | Rated BBFC: 12 | Region B (C untested) | Jun 27, 2011

Just below the title you can see the Studio, Run time, Region and year.
US -> New Line Cinema merged with WB in 2008.

UK

can you tell me the link to see uk version man...
i am looking into this link

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Blu-ray: Extended Editions

Below the title i am seeing...

Extended Editions / Blu-ray + Digital Copy New Line Cinema | 2001-2003 | 3 Movies | 726 min | Rated PG-13 | Jun 28, 2011

Playback
Region A, B (C untested)

Just to confirm the Indian edition is region ABC and it looks like the UK version. So the UK version might be ABC too.

Hi Friend - I have ordered the same and reached me last week- I can confirm that the BDs are Region B and DVDs are Region 2.

The regions are printed on the Cases and I confirmed the same with my drive.

Amazon UK removed the listing for a while due to non-availability of the same. And now they have listed it back and I don't think the current stock is Region ABC.

Info from Amazon UK
Kenny says:
Its region B all the way, i just bought from HMV and have a region 1 playstation, it won't work :(

Hey dude,
thanks, but how to get the uk version in blu-ray.com ? i clicked on the flag...still nothing got changed....

Enter the Name of the title in Search space and select All Countries ( Yours got US by default ) or UK. You will get the list.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back