The Movies I Liked

Just watched Dune in theater.
Dennis Villeneuve has tried to stay true to the book and somewhat succeeded.
The world of Dune is captured brilliantly via visual and sound.
I wish there was a bit more character development.
The movie ends somewhere in the middle of book 1 and leaves you hanging.
If there is a sequel, hopefully, it will complete the story telling.
Cinematography, music, costumes and production are excellent.
The worm plays hide and seek :D

Definitely worth a watch on big screen!!

Cheers,
Raghu

Really wanted to watch this on a large screen.
But too scared to go to a theater now...

I went for No Time To Die in a multiplex here in Bangalore. It was almost a full house. People were wearing masks. That's all.

Will watch Dune tomorrow or coming weekend.

Liked the Dune for the Visual and Sound Effects. Still watching it in my HT. Although the movie was slow in parts, it was still interesting and hopefully they make a good sequel to the same.

I went for No Time To Die in a multiplex here in Bangalore. It was almost a full house. People were wearing masks. That's all.

Will watch Dune tomorrow or coming weekend.
One of my friends went with he family to the same movie in Bangalore, she said it was jam packed without any social distancing and after some time many of them dropped their masks and started eating popcorn.

One of my friends went with he family to the same movie in Bangalore, she said it was jam packed without any social distancing and after some time many of them dropped their masks and started eating popcorn.
How is it a movie experience without popcorn :p
Go on a weekday morning or matinee. It will not be crowded.

Cheers,
Raghu

I plead guilty, too.

I tried my best to be a model citizen. And I was, till intermission. But when my friend started munching during the movie, I couldn't ignore the sound or the popcorn.

I ended up streaming Dune; although it was a complex story to portray into a movie, the whole team had done a great job. But I am a bit disappointed with the ending. Hopefully, there will be a sequel, but considering the lukewarm response, I am afraid there will be one in the near future.

I ended up streaming Dune; although it was a complex story to portray into a movie, the whole team had done a great job. But I am a bit disappointed with the ending. Hopefully, there will be a sequel, but considering the lukewarm response, I am afraid there will be one in the near future.
I feel this edition captures the world building part well enough, thanks to advancements in special effects and CGI.
Herbert's Dune (the book) also has layers of political, psychological, socio-economic and ecological narratives running in parallel to the main plot.
Maybe it is truly difficult to incorporate all these elements into a feature length movie.
Let's hope there is a sequel :)

The movie makes me want to read the book(s) again.

Cheers,
Raghu

Watched Elephant Queen on Apple TV+ , the night scenes which come up near the beginning of the movie , really shine on an OLED in a dark room. Not a fan of nature documentaries , this was surprisingly well made.

Just watched Dune in theater.
Dennis Villeneuve has tried to stay true to the book and somewhat succeeded.
The world of Dune is captured brilliantly via visual and sound.
I wish there was a bit more character development.
+1, and also wasted so many great actors, IMO. Might have worked even better if they had cast some good actors who are not such big names.
The movie ends somewhere in the middle of book 1 and leaves you hanging.
If there is a sequel, hopefully, it will complete the story telling.
Cinematography, music, costumes and production are excellent.
The worm plays hide and seek :D

Definitely worth a watch on big screen!!

Cheers,
Raghu
Haven't read the books, but for some reason have subjected myself to the Lynch film :D
1. Overall, was left a tad disappointed that the new one ended where it did.
2. On the other hand, understood a lot many things that stumped me in the Lynch film.
3. Really hoping part 2 greenlit soon.

Will see how the theatre scene is and give it a shot one of these days if i muster the courage.

The African Doctor- A positive, funny and a feel good movie
The Mustang - Amazing film. A powerful display of emotion. Matthias Schoenaerts is brilliant.

Watched The Secret In Their Eyes ( Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts , Chiwetel Ejiafor). A brooding , ponderous humourless thriller that feels overburdened by the weight of the effort undertaken. The top notch acting and the end anagnorisis for the protagonist ( and the viewer ) salvages things a bit.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back