The Movies I Liked

Watched The Secret In Their Eyes ( Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts , Chiwetel Ejiafor). A brooding , ponderous humourless thriller that feels overburdened by the weight of the effort undertaken. The top notch acting and the end anagnorisis for the protagonist ( and the viewer ) salvages things a bit.
Had seen the original Spanish one before the Hollywood remake. I feel the original was much better.

Had seen the original Spanish one before the Hollywood remake. I feel the original was much better.
That seems to be the general consensus . Need to make up on my deficit on Argentine cinema of which I seem to know shocking little.

Watched The Secret In Their Eyes ( Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts , Chiwetel Ejiafor). A brooding , ponderous humourless thriller that feels overburdened by the weight of the effort undertaken. The top notch acting and the end anagnorisis for the protagonist ( and the viewer ) salvages things a bit.
I will suggest the original one. A beautifully shot film: that single take on the football stadium. These movies pulled me to the realm of world cinema. The quality difference was prominent considering the trash I was watching while in college.

I feel the remakes can't hold a candle to their original ones. Look how they screwed up Oldboy, which was not needed to be remade at all, in my opinion.

But again The Departed is a very well made remake.

Edit: didn't read the replies and jumped the gun :(

Last edited:
Finch.... nice movie. Tom Hanks, brilliant performance as always plus great job by the VFX team.

Last edited:
No time to Die - Bond should have taken an extended vacation instead of coming back and Bond getting emotional is very funny. The movie is quite boring. Best movie as Bond by Craig was Quantam of Solace. Adieu Daniel Craig.

Shang-Chi - Chinese Super Hero Movie from Marvel. VFX/CG is getting better and better. The bus fight was choreographed very well. Should be good to watch in IMAX 3D. However there is no soul in the movie. Awkwafina Katy as a side kick to Shaun delivers some comedy. Ben Kingsley and Michelle Yeoh has been wasted. The movie on the whole is clichéd and stereotyped.

Red Notice - Utter Garbage. Nothing more to say.

The Hummingbird Project on Apple TV is a fairly decent watch.
Two cousins implement a plan to connect Kansas Electronic Data Exchange with NYSE along a single straight underground line.
The thriller aspect of the movie lies in their struggles against odds such as the challenging logistics , a race against time with a powerful competitor and personal issues.
Anton the geeky quant is tasked with writing the code that would enable information to travel between the two points in 16 milliseconds.
16 milliseconds, as he explains to a waitress somewhere in the middle of the movie , is also the single flap of a hummingbird’s wing. Such a line would privilege a trader with access to the fastest information , say if he wanted to buy shares in a lemon company in Zimbabwe, helping him make a killing. Anton on being interrogated further by the waitress realises an ‘epistemological problem’ which is that the lemon farmers do not figure in the scheme of things. Sadly the conversation and the premise ends there , save a token reference to the farmer once again in the end but that looks like the script writer trying to be too clever by half.
The Hummingbird Project fails because it tries to do too many smart things at once but doesn’t deliver any purposeful denouement in any of those.
Even Salma Hayek as the scheming CEO of the rival firm disappears just like that in the end , much like the wisp of her streaky silver hair.,

Have you tried the 2007 Argentine version? Haunting! And the love in the eyes of the protagonists is even more evident. The ending of course! That might be a bummer since you have already watched the English film, but it was one of the most satisfying endings ever in the history of movies for me, as limited as my viewing might be.

No time to Die - Bond should have taken an extended vacation instead of coming back and Bond getting emotional is very funny. The movie is quite boring. Best movie as Bond by Craig was Quantam of Solace. Adieu Daniel Craig.

Shang-Chi - Chinese Super Hero Movie from Marvel. VFX/CG is getting better and better. The bus fight was choreographed very well. Should be good to watch in IMAX 3D. However there is no soul in the movie. Awkwafina Katy as a side kick to Shaun delivers some comedy. Ben Kingsley and Michelle Yeoh has been wasted. The movie on the whole is clichéd and stereotyped.

Red Notice - Utter Garbage. Nothing more to say.
+1
Killer!

I will suggest the original one. A beautifully shot film: that single take on the football stadium. These movies pulled me to the realm of world cinema. The quality difference was prominent considering the trash I was watching while in college.
Tried Revanche, Kaerlighed Pa, 4 months 3 weeks 2 days, etc?
That was a great year for the movies, the world over. Uff...
I feel the remakes can't hold a candle to their original ones. Look how they screwed up Oldboy, which was not needed to be remade at all, in my opinion.

But again The Departed is a very well made remake.

Edit: didn't read the replies and jumped the gun :(
Edit ka edit: Am going from bottom to up on this thread. Same mistake, same apology :D

Doesn't it say Dune : Part One?
That means there's at least one more sequel, right?

@OM_2K19 which service do you use to stream it?
The books have three parts and the movie ends in the middle of the first part, so not sure if they want to only cover the first book and make it as part 1 and 2. Thats also one of the reasons it seems abrupt.

Tried Revanche, Kaerlighed Pa, 4 months 3 weeks 2 days, etc?
That was a great year for the movies, the world over. Uff...

Edit ka edit: Am going from bottom to up on this thread. Same mistake, same apology :D
Those are some nice suggestions. Will watch them :)

Edit: Watched 4 months 3 weeks 2 days long back. Forgot the title :p

Those are some nice suggestions. Will watch them :)

Edit: Watched 4 months 3 weeks 2 days long back. Forgot the title :p
:)
These are some others I remember from that time:
The Lives of Others
Let the Right One In
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
Persepolis

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back