The New LG World Record Magic Remote is coming!

LGWRSherlock

Another awesome news for the LG World Record 3D TVs! The new version of the Magic Motion Remote is coming and this is, it's got an upgrade! The new remote will keep all the features of the previous ones and adds on with an universal remote capability that let it control other devices in your home theater unit, together with a Natural Language suppor that give you control it easily with your voice command. It also comes with a new sleek design.

magic-remote-0120121218215347184.jpg

Check out the full report here: LG's latest smart TV Magic Remote can control other devices, understand natural language

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hey newtechie, long time no see! How have you been doing, my friend? This new LG World Record Magic Motion Remote Control is expected to be formally introduced in the next International CES in Las Vegas from January 8-11, 2013. After that, we will probably have a clearer picture of when it will be available for purchase. I will update you soon!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Yes, I have indeed seen the pics on various tech websites - the new Magic Remote seems to be smaller, sleeker and definitely more contemporary in design - although at least one website decried the loss in minimalism of the original Magic Motion Remote. I, for one, dig the QWERTY remote that is available with some LG Google TVs - wish we have them in India too!

Will the new remote be bundled free with new LG LM series TV?

Hi bagainitish, the new LG Magic Motion Remote is expected to be officially unveiled at the International CES from January 8-11, 2013. After that, we will probably have a clearer picture of when it will be available with the LG World Record TV. I will keep you informed here so don't worry!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Is this new remote compatible with LG LED TVs purchased earlier?

Hi a.nakul, the new Magic Motion Remote will most likely work with all LG World Record TVs that are compatible with the previous Magic Motion Remote so it really depends on the model of the TV. What is the model number of yours, might I ask?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Yes, I have indeed seen the pics on various tech websites - the new Magic Remote seems to be smaller, sleeker and definitely more contemporary in design - although at least one website decried the loss in minimalism of the original Magic Motion Remote. I, for one, dig the QWERTY remote that is available with some LG Google TVs - wish we have them in India too!

Hi kholi_pankaj, thanks for the good words on the new design! I also really like the old minimalist design too with just a few buttons, but this new version has a silver look that's quite luxurious. Let's see how this new one fares in function compared to the old one!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

This voice command you talk about sounds good. Will be able to recognize the Indian accent that is way different from U.S. or U.K accent?

Hey bagainitish, this is what is officially released about the natural voice control capability of the new remote:

"The LG Magic Remotes sophisticated voice control technology makes issuing a verbal command to the TV both simple and effective. New Natural Language Recognition software makes giving voice commands as easy as regular speech and allows the user to talk in a more conversational manner. No longer is there a need for an awkward pause between the command and the title to be viewed, users can simply say Show me Gangnam Style video and the new Magic Remote will understand."

From my understanding, the recognition rate of the remote will differ from person to person depending on their voice, tone, accent, speed, pronounciation but with the natural voice control technology built-in the remote, the experience will be smoother and easier. The Indian accent will most likely be recognized by the remote but it might not work as well. I will delve more into this matter and get back to you soon when I find out more information about this matter :D.

LG WRman Shelrock out!

My query is that can we buy this Magic Remote seperately to replace the older versions on existing lg tv sets.

My query is that can we buy this Magic Remote seperately to replace the older versions on existing lg tv sets.

Yes, das.anirban, you can buy the new Magic Motion Remote separately to either replace the old version or add up to it in your home theater entertainment unit. However, it is currently not available. Any new info on its release in India will be updated here so check back regularly :D.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Will this magic motion remote control our set-top boxes and blu-ray players?

Hi shubham garg, the new Magic Remote will indeed be able to control the Blu-ray Player as it's designed as an universal remote that can control the whole home entertainment unit. As for the set-top box compatibility, I will have to look further into it and inform you later.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back