Ticket crime in movie theaters

Hari Iyer

Last week Friday, my wife booked 3 tickets for the movie Golmaal Again at Cinemax Thane for the 10 Am show through bookmyshow.com. we received the same on mail and a SMS confirmation for the selected seats, date, show and time for Saturday morning 10 AM. We went for the movie as scheduled and after 30 minutes 3 hippes came to our seat claiming they have bookings for the same seat. I reverified my row and seat and once confirmed by me, refused to get up from there. Seeing the commotion security of the theater got alerted and started verifying both our claims. He reviewed my wife's SMS received, mails received and confirmed the genunity of our ticket.

Later after scrutiny of the 3 hippes ticket they discovered that they were fake and rounded them as known to me later. There were other similar case reported else where too. Hence FMs are advised to retain the counterfoil of the ticket till the end of the show lest any fraudster will try to dupe you. I am not sure what the fine/ punishment for this crime is, but better to be vigilant. In our country wierd things usually happen.

Hurry Higher !
:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::lol::lol::lol:

I did not want to but could not control my laughter when I read the word HIPPIE. heehee.

These idiots at multiplexes easily can be fooled like this. Most times, these theaters would be empty. They simply can go sit anywhere with fake tickets.

Mutiplex owners should be aware of such things and should cancel online booking sites such as book my show.

Cancel booking sites like BMS? Thats your solution to fraud? Give a thought to what you just said.......

Hurry Higher !
Is that supposed to be funny? Not in good taste.

I did not want to but could not control my laughter when I read the word HIPPIE. heehee.
May not be very much in vogue but still a regular English word.

Mutiplex owners should be aware of such things and should cancel online booking sites such as book my show.
Really? Or was it in jest?

Hippie's were decent people.:) These guys were just thugs, free loaders. Good to know character's like these exists. Thanks for the head's up.

Hurry Higher !

These idiots at multiplexes easily can be fooled like this. Most times, these theaters would be empty. They simply can go sit anywhere with fake tickets.

What? Stop Booking from BMS for such fake ticket holders?

Imagine the OP had bought a ticket from Counter and these people had a fake ticket looking exactly same? How could anyone verify, because it was booked online, OP could produce all evidence to support his claim, otherwise they will have to scrutinize the CC TV footages! Which means that movie is gone.

Thanks OP for alerting the forum members about such things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last week Friday, my wife booked 3 tickets for the movie Golmaal Again at Cinemax Thane for the 10 Am show through bookmyshow.com. we received the same on mail and a SMS confirmation for the selected seats, date, show and time for Saturday morning 10 AM. We went for the movie as scheduled and after 30 minutes 3 hippes came to our seat claiming they have bookings for the same seat. I reverified my row and seat and once confirmed by me, refused to get up from there. Seeing the commotion security of the theater got alerted and started verifying both our claims. He reviewed my wife's SMS received, mails received and confirmed the genunity of our ticket.

Later after scrutiny of the 3 hippes ticket they discovered that they were fake and rounded them as known to me later. There were other similar case reported else where too. Hence FMs are advised to retain the counterfoil of the ticket till the end of the show lest any fraudster will try to dupe you. I am not sure what the fine/ punishment for this crime is, but better to be vigilant. In our country wierd things usually happen.

Thanks Hari,
This is valuable piece of info
Regards
Suresh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back