LG 47LB750T from Flipkart busted in 15 mins.

I don't mind giving them more time but NO communication is unacceptable and not answering calls. totally unacceptable.

Finally!!! We have initiated the return for the Tv since LG representatives had no clue on what is going on with the request. They asked us to give them more time till Monday, we did not have any choice.

The most important thing in all the conversations was that the process is taking more time since the product was bought online from Flipkart.

Then, I found this on the LG brand store website....

* This LG Online Brand Store Website is the only Website to book Guaranteed Original LG India Products and to avail LG Authorized After Sale Services. We do not Guarantee the Originality of Products, Suitability & Updated Technology for Indian conditions and LG Authorized After Sale Services for LG Products purchased from any other E Commerce Websites.

Hence, the product return process has been initiated today by calling Flipkart.

Last edited:
I recently bought a Micromax 32" LED TV from Flipkart. The TV is working okay. But I have a very strong feeling that the TV was factory seconds. There are lots of small issues, with mis aligned fittings, faulty audio output (static noise from head phone out and analog audio out) etc etc. I didn't spend a lot (14K after exchange of my old CRT TV) on this TV though. The deal was pretty good (price wise) and this was my secondary TV.

But the quality issues were glaringly visible that made me strongly believe that this was factory seconds unit or a refurbished unit. The huge discount on the TV added to my doubt. Well it is just my suspicion okay, nothing solid to prove the point :).

However, the images are okay and since I am not using TV's audio out, I am letting it stay. I did talk to FK customer care and asked them for a replacement. But they said it has to go through a service check and lots of head ache associated with it. I am too lazy to follow up on that and letting the TV stay.

I think you must really think twice before spending big bucks on electronics online. As some one pointed out already, the online electronic market has a long way to go in India before you can trust it blindly. I have also seen that ALL the electronics manufactures discourage buying their products online. So there is something "fishy" behind heavy discounted online rates. This also adds to my doubt that the online electronics items are mostly factory seconds / refurbished units.

I am not saying that FK / Amazon service is bad. They are always helpful and willing to assist you in getting a resolution. Its the manufactures who doesn't care for these online stuff.

My 2 cents

-John.

Our TV was brand new as I did check the usage hours and came in sealed box. So, full marks to FK there but there is a BIG gray area between e-retailers and electronic companies around warranty and support.

That was a big game changer to return the product and ofcourse LG's step motherly treatment was of a booster.

I fail to understand why the retailers and distributors of brick and mortar stores are doing this. I as a person ordering various products online will feel cheated and feel that the injustice done to online purchasers is not at all fair. Its just because of flipkarts policies customers are safeguarded and if these privileges are to be removed the customer will be left with no other choice but to deal with the company itself. I cannot understand why retailers and big brands dont get this that online is the future.
Again the disadvantages are:
If brick and mortar stores are to close down we wont get any chance of demo or audition of the brands and wont be able to make comparisons between different products.
So we need them to run as well. The difference in cost is there as the stores need to pay rent and running charges too.

BUT im still against this, a person should be free to do as he wishes and purchase from any right channel as long as the bill shows vat paid the company has no right to treat them differently.
Its sad that indian retailers discriminate between online and offline buyers......but we have to deal with it finally.:D

Last edited:
You cannot make a post to LG India's website, I did send them a message and got response too that someone will contact us. LG rep did call us today and they have the same message that online purchase warranty and support is very very uncertain, there is simply no policy.
In this case, am going by what is mentioned on the LG brand store website that no support will be given.
The return process has been initiated by us.

I fail to understand why the retailers and distributors of brick and mortar stores are doing this. I as a person ordering various products online will feel cheated and feel that the injustice done to online purchasers is not at all fair. Its just because of flipkarts policies customers are safeguarded and if these privileges are to be removed the customer will be left with no other choice but to deal with the company itself. I cannot understand why retailers and big brands dont get this that online is the future.
Again the disadvantages are:
If brick and mortar stores are to close down we wont get any chance of demo or audition of the brands and wont be able to make comparisons between different products.
So we need them to run as well. The difference in cost is there as the stores need to pay rent and running charges too.

BUT im still against this, a person should be free to do as he wishes and purchase from any right channel as long as the bill shows vat paid the company has no right to treat them differently.
Its sad that indian retailers discriminate between online and offline buyers......but we have to deal with it finally.:D

One serious problem our businessmen face with the e-retail is that, everything about the deal gets documented. This is highly uncomfortable to them, for obvious reasons:D. In major part of India, if you announce to the dealer that you are going to pay through Card, their behavior changes imediately. Show them a wad of greenbacks and you get a princely treatment, even after sales. Yes, it has to be dealt firmly & finally.

Please consider this situation

1. A company X's website says that they will NOT honour online purchase from sellers like flipkart and amazon.

2. Flipkart and amazon are selling products the products of X company.

Then either
i) flipkart/ amazon are selling products unauthorisedly or

ii) X company is illegally trying to shift the responsibility of providing warranty/ services for products purchased online. (for whatever reason)

From a customer point of view (legally), but flipkart/ amazon as a seller and company X as a manufacturer can be held liable and can be sued.

i) flipkart/ amazon are selling products unauthorisedly or

ii) X company is illegally trying to shift the responsibility of providing warranty/ services for products purchased online. (for whatever reason)

A third option is LG's service sucks the same as their products. The TV did not last more than 15 mins, one can only imagine how bad their service is.

I'm inclined its the 2nd option, company just does not want to honor warranty and service. I am pretty certain they cannot deny service or warranty for products bought in India (online or not). As policy it can be for imported or grey market goods, but not for anything bought legally and in India.

You never know but this might be the very same treatment even when buying locally... they simply don't want to replace and instead want to repair. It happened to a friend of mine with a Panasonic TV, another friend with a Sony TV and with a Samsung TV too... all bought locally. As you can see, its prevalent across all major brands and not limited to one brand and it might be more to do with India being a dumping ground. So really no recourse to avoiding or banning one particular brand.

Perhaps a threat of Consumer Court/Forum might help, but this only proves once again the decline of manufacturing quality and companies not willing to stand behind their products and the lack of after sales support and service.

Do you guys know that for many of the products bought from Reliance Digital, the warranty shall not be from the OEM ?

Ex: Hitachi ACs after buying from Relaince, try calling the OEM customer care, they will tell you that Hitachi will not provide warranty support and will ask to get in touch with Reliance.

Same case for Yamaha Hitbs. The YHT 299 or 2910 or what ever what from reliance will not be covered or supported by Yamaha for Warranty. We need to call Reliance team only. Installation and demo will also be from RD only.

Please note that this is not just limited to these two items from RD.

Do you guys know that for many of the products bought from Reliance Digital, the warranty shall not be from the OEM ?

Ex: Hitachi ACs after buying from Relaince, try calling the OEM customer care, they will tell you that Hitachi will not provide warranty support and will ask to get in touch with Reliance.

Same case for Yamaha Hitbs. The YHT 299 or 2910 or what ever what from reliance will not be covered or supported by Yamaha for Warranty. We need to call Reliance team only. Installation and demo will also be from RD only.

Please note that this is not just limited to these two items from RD.

Hmm looks like RD is enforcing the Reliance Care to be taken up with additional amount for warranty. But what will happen to the warranty which comes with the manufacturer as part of the new goods. Mostly the manufacturer warranty comes free of cost for certain period of time and the RD warranty can be availed over and above that as I got that done some 3 years back when I brought yamaha speakers from them.

Hmm looks like RD is enforcing the Reliance Care to be taken up with additional amount for warranty. But what will happen to the warranty which comes with the manufacturer as part of the new goods. Mostly the manufacturer warranty comes free of cost for certain period of time and the RD warranty can be availed over and above that as I got that done some 3 years back when I brought yamaha speakers from them.

No manufacturer warranty. Even the one year warranty is from Reliance only. Reliance will replace parts and not Yamaha.

Few days back I bought LG 360 liter refrigerator after comparing all brands. The way physical store works is an eyesore. They always quote the mrp, when we ask about the discount they reply when you book we will give the best price. After haggling for sometime they will provide some discount. The model which I enquire for GL-D372JHSL which came to a price of 37500. Sales guy also told when you book we will try to discount further. Next day I went to book the fridge and I asked for the best price. He blatantly said what I have given yesterday was the best price. Later he told instead of wasting petrol for your car you can book and save the money on petrol. I got furious and came back from the showroom. Checked online and booked for 28300. Online seller was viveks and he promptly delivered the fridge next day. I called the LG customer care and booked for demo and installation. Since its online store I have to pay rs 500 for the demo all warranty stuff is intact. My suggestion save money and book online

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back