Tonewinner AT 300: 7.3.6 AV processor

Spoke with sales, MRP is around 1.50 but will get back on exact prices with discounts.

Few questions I have:
1) Is this processor better than the ones offered by Marantz, NAD or any other company?
2) How good is the room correction? Dirac > Audyssey > YPAO > MCAA is what I know so far. But if people listen to reference volumes manual calibration is better i feel.
3) What about customs? Price once it lands and comes home. Taxes, customs and shipping will make the cost get doubled.
4) People who are going with processors without having amplifiers, this will be a huge investment. Processor + Amplifiers. One needs those kind of speakers to use the full potential.

I know @ankitbhargava having a dedicated room and amplifiers, so adding a processor makes sense. I feel that is a very good way of moving to processors. Add amplifiers first to AVR than move to processors later.

But would like to know what is making everyone go with this instead of other ones which are available. The price is tempting I understand that, but when it lands to your place it won't be the same.

Spoke with sales, MRP is around 1.50 but will get back on exact prices with discounts.

Few questions I have:
1) Is this processor better than the ones offered by Marantz, NAD or any other company?
2) How good is the room correction? Dirac > Audyssey > YPAO > MCAA is what I know so far. But if people listen to reference volumes manual calibration is better i feel.
3) What about customs? Price once it lands and comes home. Taxes, customs and shipping will make the cost get doubled.
4) People who are going with processors without having amplifiers, this will be a huge investment. Processor + Amplifiers. One needs those kind of speakers to use the full potential.

I know @ankitbhargava having a dedicated room and amplifiers, so adding a processor makes sense. I feel that is a very good way of moving to processors. Add amplifiers first to AVR than move to processors later.

But would like to know what is making everyone go with this instead of other ones which are available. The price is tempting I understand that, but when it lands to your place it won't be the same.
Couldn't find many reviews online to convince myself how and why Tonewinner would be equally or more performing that at least Marantz 8805 which recently is being sold around 2 lakh (probably grey). This is why I was looking for some real user (not a pro reviewer) who has done an in-depth comparison.

Price is the major attraction only if the final landing is less than 1 lakh :)

Price is the major attraction only if the final landing is less than 1 lakh :)
Yep, and you already have amplification makes sense. Marantz can be offloaded too.

I couldn't demo it today as the Amplification was changed and needed calibration. But anyone from Mumbai is really keen on this, kindly visit Kripa Electronics or ping me can get a appointment.

With no real hands on or reviews, spending on this needs a proper justification.

Yep, and you already have amplification makes sense. Marantz can be offloaded too.

I couldn't demo it today as the Amplification was changed and needed calibration. But anyone from Mumbai is really keen on this, kindly visit Kripa Electronics or ping me can get a appointment.

With no real hands on or reviews, spending on this needs a proper justification.
Eaxctly,
probably a couple of FMs in Mumbai can get together for a Demo and do some comparison like AVR v/s Tonewinner and Any other Pre-pro v/s Tonewinner?

No reviews from India. However reviews & feedbacks are available on avsforum/avforum which appear to be very good.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/ho...fiers-and-separate-9-2-dsp-processor.3210600/

Tonewinner has been OEM for few major brands. Price is enticing for the no of channels it offers. Having such processor means one can focus on amplification part for rest of the journey in a targeted manner. Made-to-order amplifiers should make more sense.
In any case, if it's less than 100k, it's a good buy.

No reviews from India. However reviews & feedbacks are available on avsforum/avforum which appear to be very good.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/ho...fiers-and-separate-9-2-dsp-processor.3210600/

Tonewinner has been OEM for few major brands. Price is enticing for the no of channels it offers. Having such processor means one can focus on amplification part for rest of the journey in a targeted manner. Made-to-order amplifiers should make more sense.
In any case, if it's less than 100k, it's a good buy.
Review from Non professional reviewers shall be great
I heard that Tonewinner probably produced for Emotiva?

ppl .. tone winner stocks are coming in the end of dec in chennai.. i can promise you that i will be able to get the best price of it . i have already given AD7100 PA to one of our forum member in banglore. its a pure class AB 150watts per ch x 7ch. DM for serious buy. I SOLDTHE FIRST PA OF TONEWINNER IN INDIA.View attachment 65142View attachment 65141View attachment 65140View attachment 65143View attachment 65144View attachment 65145View attachment 65146View attachment 65147View attachment 65148View attachment 65149
If you can mark the forum member and that person can give a detailed review it will help you and the forum.

Where is that calculation coming from? Its sold at 1200 USD in the US which is 1.28lakhs.
50 no's and above from direct company will give for 50% or more discount and it is mentioned in the site itself to calculate by entering no. of pices.. Just searched that page now, could not locate. But it is there.

Amt of 80k appears to be very very ambitious & unlikely. Duties+taxes+shipping component is sizeable. Also for GB, requirement is 50 as per MOQ. Finding 50 nos committed for GB is very difficult. Lower than MOW means higher price. It's better to approach someone who is already in the business for it (read @Alfahath ) and ask for his best rates/discounts so that it's win-win for both. I hope He will be happy to help out those interested.

I just wish that an Indian Dealer/vendor could supply such devices at a price commensurate with our Indian market.

Just imagine base price of Rs 53k for 50 pieces......which can be sold at 70-80k.

And the specs:

ToneWinner dolby atmos decoder 9.3.4 av power echo stereo processor HDMI bluetooth KTV function pre amplifier
Introduction
AT-300 is a professional 16 channels home theater AV processor that supports the latest immersive audio formats, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and smart phone apps control. It is with an abundant of input & output ports.
Main Feature
1. Support Dolby Atmos DolbyTrue HD & all the downward Dolby audio formats.
2. Support DTS:X, DTS-Master & all the downward HD audio formats.
3. Support HDMI2.0 & HDCP2.2.
4. Support 4K/60Hz,RGB 4:4:4, 18GHz full bandwidth video signal, support Dolby Vision and HDR 10+ video signal.
5. Support stacked OSD menu operation display.
6. Support 9.3.4 or 7.3.6 in total 16 channels Dolby Atmos decoding lineout output.
7. Built-in auto smart room acoustic testing & compensation for spectral characteristic, loudness of each channel & distances between each channel.
8. Built-in Bluetooth audio receiver function.
9. Built-in audio player function, support files playing from TF card & USB disk, support several lossless & compressed audio format files playing, such as FLAC, APE, WAV, MP3 & etc; support multi-layer folder management.
10. Support smart phone App control.
11. Support over 12 kinds of drivers configuration from 2.0 channel to 7.3.6.
12. Support HDMI 6 in 2 out, 2 ways coaxial 2 ways optical audio output, 3 ways of analogue audio input.
13. Support 5.1 channel external mixing input & can add external mixer.
14. Support RS232 integrated controller, IR inputs, and Trigger outputs.
15. Support HDMI ARC, eARC, and CEC.
16. Support as high as 1 second lip sync adjustment.
17. Each channel has as many as 7 to 11 band parameters EQ.
18. Support audio video signal combine group.
19. Use the latest ADI new due core DSP.
20. Support input source independent setting & parameters storing function.
21. Support random combination of video and audio signals from different input sources.
22. Support user-defined rename for the input source name

Now combine thess with Class D amps of Sabaj a20a (3 for LCR) and Sabaj a10a (5 for surrounds and Atmos).....and compare the COST OF A MARANTZ/DENON

I just hope Indian vendors wakes hot to thee. In USA, a vendor is selling these as hotcakes.
My original posts was an observation plus a humble request to vendors and importers of how things are in China. Yes we all know the hurdles of importing. And the customs taxes.

But, personally it’s beyond my comprehension when this product can be sold here at ~2lakhs MRP with an excuse of MSP of USA market. Test defeat the whole purpose of sharing this post.

Let’s look at the Indian market - what makes the hi-fi or HT market a niche small market? - obviously price. The cost expense is such a huge investment that even middle class does not favours such products. But the point is who is the loser here, in addition to the obvious consumers? I know it’s hard for vendors and importers…..to understand the consumer sentiment on this sector, as they are in this for profit margins only. But keeping such high price points - is it a long term strategy or a short term strategy? I fervently implore the vendors and importers to study the audio and HT market in China…..and study how it has changed from a nonexistent one during 1980s to the current healthy one. AND IF POSSIBLE REFLECT ON WHY IT HAS COME TO THIS HEALTHY STATE……wherein there are all round dividends for manufacturers, vendors, retailers and consumers. It won’t be long when the Chinese market surpass the mature US market. Just look at the Hing King, Singapore…..and how things are picking up. (Btw I am not talking about boutique ones….which thrives on being expensive)

Let’s take two scenarios:

1. A vendor price the AT-300 at MRP ~2 lakh rupees
2. A vendors price the AT-300 at MRP <1 lakh rupees.

And with the built quality, and reviews around for the price/performance point in comparison with big brands like Marantz/ Anthem/Trinnov……what can be the expected sales of AT-300 in India, which is a price conscious market?

If a vendor makes 1k sales in scenario one (which is even less likely as at that price point, a buyer will prefer to choose more established brands)
then it’s a possibility that scenario 2 will result into more sales than 1k. Now who will benefit here? More consumers will get into the bandwagon by the sheer merit of price/performance point. Which may mean more ‘word by mouth’ recommendations (hence save ads money)…….May even become a Xiaomi (btw Xiaomi is also posed to enter hifi market with audio products). Off course the after sales and technical support can be better supported with better sales.

One time in mobile industry, Nokia and Samsung were the big players in sales……now look at the market - Chinese companies are becoming the number one , not even in domestic Indian market, but globally also.

……..ah yes, I may be just wishing. (If only wishes were horses. Maybe I will wait till TOPPIN/SABAJ/SMSL venture into multichannel HT market)

My original posts was an observation plus a humble request to vendors and importers of how things are in China. Yes we all know the hurdles of importing. And the customs taxes.

But, personally it’s beyond my comprehension when this product can be sold here at ~2lakhs MRP with an excuse of MSP of USA market. Test defeat the whole purpose of sharing this post.

Let’s look at the Indian market - what makes the hi-fi or HT market a niche small market? - obviously price. The cost expense is such a huge investment that even middle class does not favours such products. But the point is who is the loser here, in addition to the obvious consumers? I know it’s hard for vendors and importers…..to understand the consumer sentiment on this sector, as they are in this for profit margins only. But keeping such high price points - is it a long term strategy or a short term strategy? I fervently implore the vendors and importers to study the audio and HT market in China…..and study how it has changed from a nonexistent one during 1980s to the current healthy one. AND IF POSSIBLE REFLECT ON WHY IT HAS COME TO THIS HEALTHY STATE……wherein there are all round dividends for manufacturers, vendors, retailers and consumers. It won’t be long when the Chinese market surpass the mature US market. Just look at the Hing King, Singapore…..and how things are picking up. (Btw I am not talking about boutique ones….which thrives on being expensive)

Let’s take two scenarios:

1. A vendor price the AT-300 at MRP ~2 lakh rupees
2. A vendors price the AT-300 at MRP <1 lakh rupees.

And with the built quality, and reviews around for the price/performance point in comparison with big brands like Marantz/ Anthem/Trinnov……what can be the expected sales of AT-300 in India, which is a price conscious market?

If a vendor makes 1k sales in scenario one (which is even less likely as at that price point, a buyer will prefer to choose more established brands)
then it’s a possibility that scenario 2 will result into more sales than 1k. Now who will benefit here? More consumers will get into the bandwagon by the sheer merit of price/performance point. Which may mean more ‘word by mouth’ recommendations (hence save ads money)…….May even become a Xiaomi (btw Xiaomi is also posed to enter hifi market with audio products). Off course the after sales and technical support can be better supported with better sales.

One time in mobile industry, Nokia and Samsung were the big players in sales……now look at the market - Chinese companies are becoming the number one , not even in domestic Indian market, but globally also.

……..ah yes, I may be just wishing. (If only wishes were horses. Maybe I will wait till TOPPIN/SABAJ/SMSL venture into multichannel HT market)

I share the same sentiment. I don't doubt the quality, but the landing price will make even the customers with deep pockets think twice. Especially when they compare the actual price.

I get the import hassle, but I can't justify the price. YMMV.​

Hello everyone, I was interested in AT 300 unit, so one more potential buyer, though late to the party, so wanted to know if there was any way to let other members, know that any potential bulk purchase is going to happen, by kind of notification (notice board type), not only this, but any bulk purchase, where the potential to get the benefit of cost and increase the number of fellow members in case of bulk purchase...

since there is an indian distributor , the company wouldnt give you directly. even if you purchase directly there are lots of procedures and you need to take BIS certificate from the indian govt. so please dont get cheated or by purchasing directly. just a piece of advice. @srinisundar please go thru the indian GOVT rules for importing electronic goods. its not as easy as you think it is with all respect im saying this. if it was soo easy , ppl wouldve imported marantz and denon avrs directly bro.
Thanks for your piece of advice.. I am already in the export/ import business and i know the rules and regulations.. I know about the BIS certifications too.. This is where the people play around and individual get backed out.. Last but least i can get the items if required numbers are met.

Thanks

mr @srinisundar thats awesome actually ! you know things better by the way please tell us about the procedure for BIS certification .. for other member who are not aware of BIS india, we have first import a single unit and give it for bis certification. it will not be coming back to you, for each model you have to do this , now tell me mr @srinisundar is it correct or not ?
There is no need i should tell about BIS, and there is big boss google is there and it will tell on a single click and it is not a closed end procedure... If you are importing and selling it as a distributor or dealer, please restrain from posting here and you have section separately in Hifivision to advertise ....

And this post/section/discussion/group buy were only to avoid over costing and margin added by the distributors or dealers and try to get the item to members directly without added cost and also not listed in Hifimart.

Hope you understand.

Thanks'

And this post/section/discussion/group buy were only to avoid over costing and margin added by the distributors or dealers and try to get the item to members directly without added cost and also not listed in Hifimart.
Honestly, asking you to prove your knowledge of BIS in the particular language used, wasn't in good taste. It felt like you were being discouraged to pursue a group buy. The lengths distributors and dealers go to protect their margins!!!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back