Tonewinner AT 300: 7.3.6 AV processor

@srinisundar i thing you are totally mistaken. if i was a distributor i wouldnt even care of whats happening in this forum.
first of all this forum is to help ppl for gaining knowledge. even i completed my HT setup step by step by the guidance of our senior FMs . so i was trying to explain the facts about what you guys are getting into. even few of friends tried importing and this is all happened for anthem AVR. they payed excess duty to the customs and penality for non BIS certification.

if you can import and find way for us all to get avr cheaper, that would be good. but i dont wanna risk my money with some one who's trying import and not tell me what's all the pros and cons are involved in this process. simple as that.
@srinisundar sorry if i spoiled IMPORTERS business by creating an awareness about BIS.

i'm a responsible member of HIFI-VISION, its my duty to share my knowledge about what we know. there's nothing personal here..

@mbhangui its just the normal conversation. and if you wanna to buy or import its your wish . but creating an awareness about procedures involved in BIS certification and importing rules is not a harm.

i'm really sorry if my words hurted anyone here.

THANK YOU :)
@Alfahath , i too thought you were a dealer. You did PM me asking what speakers I wanted when i was looking for a BS. This is confusing now. May be I miss understood

@srinisundar i thing you are totally mistaken. if i was a distributor i wouldnt even care of whats happening in this forum.
first of all this forum is to help ppl for gaining knowledge. even i completed my HT setup step by step by the guidance of our senior FMs . so i was trying to explain the facts about what you guys are getting into. even few of friends tried importing and this is all happened for anthem AVR. they payed excess duty to the customs and penality for non BIS certification.

if you can import and find way for us all to get avr cheaper, that would be good. but i dont wanna risk my money with some one who's trying import and not tell me what's all the pros and cons are involved in this process. simple as that.
@srinisundar sorry if i spoiled IMPORTERS business by creating an awareness about BIS.

i'm a responsible member of HIFI-VISION, its my duty to share my knowledge about what we know. there's nothing personal here..

@mbhangui its just the normal conversation. and if you wanna to buy or import its your wish . but creating an awareness about procedures involved in BIS certification and importing rules is not a harm.

i'm really sorry if my words hurted anyone here.

THANK YOU :)
Hi Alfahath,

I am cool always....Hope here all the members who can use computer will know the "search" option in google, before buying anything or the process involved.. Nobody just throws the money like anything without knowing the consequences.. You should know here lot of fantastic group buy threads on speakers or small amps is very much successful and people enjoyed the benefits.

Plus you only advertised here in the below thread that Tonewinner is coming by dec end ask the members to approach you and you sold one to our forum member ... Then you can be called a forum member or seller or distributor or dealer ????

Your profile shows you are distributor for TORWIN Audio systems or you are working there.. Click the boss google and you will be reminded who you are...

Hope i given the correct link below, if you are not the same, i will laugh myself and blame the google...

Thanks

Last edited:
Friends,
I think this thread had introduced us to a relatively new brand having potential to match the products offered by established brands at a very affordable cost. But instead of we going closer to the product, we moved nowhere and discussion is going chaotic.

My requests to let be impersonal and try to work in the direction of making things happen.

It's clear that there could be many issues regd imports for new person. At the same time some of us have capabilities to deal with hassles of imports.

Most of us have set a limit for investing in a fairly unknown brand. Some of us are more risk takers.

We don't know what would be the the appx landed cost for the item, we don't know the max dealers discount for the item. That way we are moving no where.

Way ahead can be-
1. to determine acceptable max price of the product
2. enrolling interested members ready to buy at that price
3. Confirming the no of members
4. Deciding whether to go import mode or speak with AD.
5. Depending on 4 above, approaching the concern.

@srinisundar haha lovely thanks for reminding me about this. TORVIN's owner is a very good friend of mine and learned many things about Audio there . So I always wanted to be a distributor for it and 2016 I have created that profile. Any way if you try to beleive I'm the distributor for tone winner here is the ice breaker , KEI is the Indian distributors for Tone winner and I have many friends in AV industry . I got the first Tone winner PA for one our FM is from a local dealer in Chennai. Please do your research even more deeply.

And I helped fm with tone winner in October month even before you even heard about the brand . Now the new rule have changed for importing power amplifier from the month of October. So please show me the successful transaction and delivery of any group buy amplifiers. Speaker no problem doesn't need a BIS.

I know for a fact that , after me posting about BIS certification and procedures involved ppl would have been more careful before blindly investing on a importer. Simple that you were trying to get your business done by the fellow members and my comments would've created an awareness.

Cool. You are exposed.

Any words you are putting about me is not a concern. I am also on the tonewinner buy group..Somebody should come forward to take the hassles of customs clearance and getting the things in China. If somebody is taking the pain i will happily sit in the group and wait for my amp to reach me.

Already i am in LED business and importing goods from china with BIS certification, i know the route to get packed/cleared from the warehouse to India..

Do not spoil the enthu of the group by throwing some usual things which every distributor or dealer do by overcharging.. If you could source with the advertised rate by https://www.summithifi.com/collecti...l-pre-pro-now-shipping?variant=39665568448707 it is well and good.

Discussion in this thread to achieve the nearest rate advertised by the summithifi as group buy...

If hifimart is able to do the same activities, everybody will be behind that too. All in the end best rate matters for item.

END>>>>>>

Do they ship to Bangalore? Any idea on the discounts?
Kripa electronics has dealers across India, people come from states to check and audition here then buy at their location. With full support from them.

This is what they told me. Have asked him about discounts, if I get a realistic number can ask him.

I am no way associated with Kripa Electronics, its just that it is 5-10 mins away from my house and I service some of my gear there and I know some people. Just letting you everyone know before anyone thinks I am a dealer.

If importing is giving you guys a better deal go ahead. Will love to see the reviews also.

I am not sure how many are interested in the group buy. I am in the market for an upgrade and happened to see this thread today. Usually how much will be the discount for a single piece? Hope the product is with warranty. Any idea about their dealer in Bangalore?

Last edited:
Kripa electronics has dealers across India, people come from states to check and audition here then buy at their location. With full support from them.

This is what they told me. Have asked him about discounts, if I get a realistic number can ask him.

I am no way associated with Kripa Electronics, its just that it is 5-10 mins away from my house and I service some of my gear there and I know some people. Just letting you everyone know before anyone thinks I am a dealer.

If importing is giving you guys a better deal go ahead. Will love to see the reviews also.
Please do take initiate to even speak to KEI about potentially 10-15 pieces to begin with as this seems to be achievable when group buy starts.
Before that, I still request and feel that some of the Forum Members from Mumbai should visit KEI to demo Pre-pro and any other Tonewinner products they have.

This Forum has enough power to lift up a good product :)

Generally i have seen the prices of Hifimart seems to be less than the dealer price quoted across showroom and it is very competitive. Hifimart can initiate for this product too and add in their catalog.

Please do take initiate to even speak to KEI about potentially 10-15 pieces to begin with as this seems to be achievable when group buy starts.
Before that, I still request and feel that some of the Forum Members from Mumbai should visit KEI to demo Pre-pro and any other Tonewinner products they have.

This Forum has enough power to lift up a good product :)
+1 already informed him about it.

I did not listen to it with my 2 visits :D
Power amps used 1st time where super expensive ones,
2nd time they were yet to calibrate, had told them to add Tonewinner PAs.

Generally i have seen the prices of Hifimart seems to be less than the dealer price quoted across showroom and it is very competitive. Hifimart can initiate for this product too and add in their catalog.
That is a serious suggestion. Hope hifimart can do something about this.

I will be a buyer if hifimart can uphold the fundamental of consumer sentiments….and think of margins as secondary dividend.

Can't comment on their pre-processor, but for the pricing (US MRP) their poweramps seem a tad bit expensive for a direct sales offering.
Folks who are looking for poweramps, do consider offerings Outlaw Audio.
As a comparison:
TW AD-5180 (140/220Wpc - all ch driven): USD1499
Outlaw 5000x (120/180Wpc - all ch driven): USD769
Outlaw 2220 (mono) (200/300Wpc): USD399 (multiple piece pricing is lower by at least 20%)
Even if you include duties at 42% it is still cheaper ;)

FYI:
I own M2200 (previous gen to M2220). Great amp for HT, decent enough for music

Cheers,
Raghu

Can't comment on their pre-processor, but for the pricing (US MRP) their poweramps seem a tad bit expensive for a direct sales offering.
Folks who are looking for poweramps, do consider offerings Outlaw Audio.
As a comparison:
TW AD-5180 (140/220Wpc - all ch driven): USD1499
Outlaw 5000x (120/180Wpc - all ch driven): USD769
Outlaw 2220 (mono) (200/300Wpc): USD399 (multiple piece pricing is lower by at least 20%)
Even if you include duties at 42% it is still cheaper ;)

FYI:
I own M2200 (previous gen to M2220). Great amp for HT, decent enough for music

Cheers,
Raghu
I think for power amps its best to buy locally due to the shipping weight. But processor as they are light weight, the shipping cost isnt much. So would work out better for a group buy.

For power amps, the volumetric weight being significant, the 42% will be on top of the landing price. For ex. When I got my Emotiva, the UMC was fairly cheap, while the poweramp became more expensive due to this.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back