Top 4k uhd blue ray player

rajesh srinivas

I wish to buy a brand new 4K UHD Bluray player,require suggestion,brand name
and model number,the best among all..(samsung/sony/lg/panasonic/oppo etc).

I own 4k tv lg c8 55inch,since no source to view 4k,thinking of this option to play
4k uhd bluray movies.

Thanks
rajesh

Top end UHD player options would be Oppo UDP-205 which retails around 150K or Oppo UDP-203 which retails around 90K. Oppo would be stopping the production soon, So not sure about the availability of the same.

I wish to buy a brand new 4K UHD Bluray player,require suggestion,brand name
and model number,the best among all..(samsung/sony/lg/panasonic/oppo etc).

I own 4k tv lg c8 55inch,since no source to view 4k,thinking of this option to play
4k uhd bluray movies.

Thanks
rajesh

Oppo seems to rule the market....the 103 series was much better than the 203s.....see this review....and decide....

OK but if op reconsider xbox one s is the best value for money for 4k blu ray player as well as multimedia player with netflix amazon prime and gaming as well

Hi

Please audition the player before purchase....and also look at other brands where possible....see some YouTube videos to guide your decision....for me 4k is not a priority as it is still settling in...not much content out there....so am happy with the Oppo 103 (there is a 103D on sale in the forum) ,,,will trade up later ....end of next year when i change the TV etc to 4K......for now given my hectic work schedule...i barely get 2-4 hours in a week in front of the TV.

In terms of cables....all depends on your budget....I use Monster Cables which are expensive.....lately Blue Rigger (Pune Based company) makes excellent cables....I use this brand for Subwoofer, OPtical and even HDMI between the TV and set top box.....good cables which serve the purpose and within budget.

https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=2KCLWSTUHY326&rh=i:aps,k:hdmi+2.2+hdcp+cable

Is Sony x800 (eight) available in Bangalore?. If so, could anyone please guide me which seller I can contact? Sony website does not list that; it's probably not sold anymore.
Many thanks.

Is Sony x800 (eight) available in Bangalore?. If so, could anyone please guide me which seller I can contact? Sony website does not list that; it's probably not sold anymore.
Many thanks.

X800 not launched for India......it is available in US markets etc......Even if you get it....it will be a grey market piece.....please refer to YouTube videos and reviews before purchase.....better to be sure rather than regret later....look at Panasonic models too...

X800 not launched for India......it is available in US markets etc......Even if you get it....it will be a grey market piece.....please refer to YouTube videos and reviews before purchase.....better to be sure rather than regret later....look at Panasonic models too...

True,x800 not avilable in india,its only x700 with 1year warranty avilable, and also x800 does not support dolby true vision,whereas
x700 supports strange..

There is a Lot of confusion in buying HDMI cables recently,like HDMI 2.0,2.1 and the latest 2.2 version,though each cable
has speed limits (bandwith) like 2.0 can carry bandwith upto 18Gbps ,2.1 upto 24Gbps,and the latest 2.2 beyond 48Gbps,

Some say to buy 4k uhd hdmi premium certified cable,which assures you 4K@60Hz, BT.2020 and Dynamic HDR this is essentional
for furure proof and also to watch 4k seamlessly.

Usefull article as per link.
https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/index.aspx

Thats a waste of money IMHO,
just get the PS4 PRO cables from any Sony store, they are 2.2 version and support 4K, HDR etc.

Well...everyone has their tastes and budget...so what may work for me may not work for another person.....if Monster is offering Lifetime warranty in terms of replacement if the technology changes then why not! Final call to be taken by the OP!

There is a Lot of confusion in buying HDMI cables recently,like HDMI 2.0,2.1 and the latest 2.2 version,though each cable
has speed limits (bandwith) like 2.0 can carry bandwith upto 18Gbps ,2.1 upto 24Gbps,and the latest 2.2 beyond 48Gbps,

Some say to buy 4k uhd hdmi premium certified cable,which assures you 4K@60Hz, BT.2020 and Dynamic HDR this is essentional
for furure proof and also to watch 4k seamlessly.

Usefull article as per link.
https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/index.aspx
Your HDMI port on device will be 2.0 as of now, so no point in thinking about a cable beyond that specs.
A good copper HDMI will work for short distance ~ 6 mtrs beyond that you need fiber HDMI
I'm using RUIPRO fiber HDMI from AVR to PJ

Your HDMI port on device will be 2.0 as of now, so no point in thinking about a cable beyond that specs.
A good copper HDMI will work for short distance ~ 6 mtrs beyond that you need fiber HDMI
I'm using RUIPRO fiber HDMI from AVR to PJ

LG C8 has hdmi 2.2 port,kindly check its specs,thats why insisting on 2.2 hdmi cable.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back