Topping DAC's on HPZ

Which is what has made both my chord mojo and zen dac more or less redundant. The Zen Dac was a replacement for the internal one on my CXA81 (the internal one sounded a bit too sharp and thin over USB from my PC though not much of a concern over a cleaner source such as the Allo USBridge Signature) as i wanted a DAC that was always powered on while connected to my PC, something that was not possible with the mojo, at least not without knackering its battery if left connected at all times. I still pressed the mojo into service time to time when streaming through the Allo USBridge Signature and while the SQ justified the pains of manually switching it on to a great extent, it was still inconvenient to me.

The SQ of the RME as well as its connectivity compensates for the Mojo while having the convenience of being always on like the ZEN dac. And the remote, with the level of adjustment it allows, is and i quote RME in this “a heaven send” (thats actually written in the manual - it would help imagining it in a curt german accent). Which is precisely why i got it for after much deliberation- the convenience and control that it allows over the music and experience, both of which are important to me. It arrived just yesterday but i’m already bowled over by the convenience aspect of it. Yet to use it for exercising control over the music i.e. EQ and what not.

In that respect, The Zen DAC One respect does look like a very promising device. I think i can vouch for its SQ at the very least. With the Allo Shanti LPSU and XLR cables fed to a decent amplifier, its full potential can be unleashed.

P.s. : Im already contemplating it. IF they price it below 20K, I’ll retire my E30 immediately as it’ll be more usefuk for the purpose that im employing it for currently i.e. connection my amp to my bedroom tv over optical. A wireless solution would entirely eliminate cable clutter at the expense of a negligible loss in SQ from what i’ve heard about the BT reception and SQ of the standalone zen blue. And in any case, a compromise im willing to make :)

Great to know your experience. I'm using iFi Zen Blue since last year and the sound is awesome. Mostly iPad and Apple Music. However this new DAC makes me interested once again as it hosts USB in. I believe it would be accompanied by iPower2. If not, I will get one. I do not use any Coaxial as my vintage Marantz CDPs are more than enough to me. My beloved Schiit Multibit is now used by my brother, hence this quest. Audioquest Jitterbug with Pearl cable from a dedicated laptop would be the source.

Adding bluetooth is cherry on the icing. Hope they price it well.
This would be priced well above E50 believe. Zen DAC Signature is priced above E50, Adding BT would bump it up a bit more.

Update : The iFi ZEN One Signature is available now for £349, €349 or US$349.

So, We can expect between 31,999 to 34,999.

Last edited:
Does anyone here use the Topping E30? How does it sound?

I wanted to know will adding ta E30 to a PS3 (Superslim) which I use as a CD player make a difference in sound quality?

I wanted to know will adding ta E30 to a PS3 (Superslim) which I use as a CD player make a difference in sound quality?

I have an E30 using from desktop PC to feed Sugden A48 for occasional listening. Beautiful sound. PS3 with E30 will definitely make difference.

It's par for the course for the price. Not worth the 12K over the PS3s internal one if that's your sole use case scenario but from an overall functionality and connectivity perspective, it's pretty good value considering it comes with all commonly used digital inputs and most importantly, a remote

Asking the Topping users (specifically E50) if they have successfully connected their iPad with it without issues ?

I’m thinking of getting the Apple lightning to USB Camera Adapter to connect my iPads (iPad Air 2nd or 3rd gen not sure ) to my E50.

Can anyone confirm if it works fine ?

Last edited:
Asking the Topping users (specifically E50) if they have successfully connected their iPad with it without issues ?

I’m thinking of getting the Apple lightning to USB Camera Adapter to connect my iPads (iPad Air 2nd or 3rd gen not sure ) to my E50.

Can anyone confirm if it works fine ?
I don’t have e50, but my D90se works absolutely fine with the usb camera kit with my iPad Pro. I use this set up …gets bit perfect Apple Music.

I don’t have e50, but my D90se works absolutely fine with the usb camera kit with my iPad Pro. I use this set up …gets bit perfect Apple Music.
Thanks , did you use exactly this adapter I shared the link or the even more pricy one with the additional USB3 port ?

It's par for the course for the price. Not worth the 12K over the PS3s internal one if that's your sole use case scenario but from an overall functionality and connectivity perspective, it's pretty good value considering it comes with all commonly used digital inputs and most importantly, a remote

Thanks my friend for your input! Yes, the PS3's sole use now is as a CD player and to be honest the PS3's DAC sounds quite lovely.

Scenario 2: If I use a Sony DVD player (Model: DVP-SR520P) will the difference be much more significant if I use a Topping E30 with it, bypassing the DVD Player's internal DAC. I'll be connecting the E30 via Coax from the DVD Player.

Scenario 2: If I use a Sony DVD player (Model: DVP-SR520P) will the difference be much more significant if I use a Topping E30 with it, bypassing the DVD Player's internal DAC. I'll be connecting the E30 via Coax from the DVD Player.
Theoretically yes , it should. As associated digital signal processing of any modern DAC is much superior to a mainstream DVD player.
In fact I’ll be doing the same - will connect my E50 via coax to my Denon professional CD player to use as transport. Have also bought a Profigold coaxial cable.
Having said that , quality of the transport also plays a big part.

Last edited:
Thanks my friend for your input! Yes, the PS3's sole use now is as a CD player and to be honest the PS3's DAC sounds quite lovely.

unless you have a better transport, the gains are not going to be substantial though improvements will be there.

Look at it this way - if you want a good DAC with all commonly used digital inputs, you can't go wrong with the E30. And in many ways, it seems to be the only solution with both coax, optical and USB in this price range so more or less, a no-brainer.

As you keep on upgrading your components up and down the chain, the E30 will keep yielding dividends and unless you go high end, it won't be the bottleneck.

I tested my friends D50s in my system few days back. Man this thing is so good at the price point! Except for MQA it has everything even all the Bluetooth codecs.
I even used it as a pre amp alone and the difference was not day night but noticeable when connected to my NAD Pre amp.

I am tempted to get it :D

This would be priced well above E50 believe. Zen DAC Signature is priced above E50, Adding BT would bump it up a bit more.

So, We can expect between 31,999 to 34,999.
With no intension to steal the topic subject, this is the the new kid on the block.

https://ifi-audio.com/products/zen-one-signature/

with multiple input option and that too within budget
And, it was launched and already sold out. Pricing is more or less as suggested by @Yogesh. Hopefully, there's a non-signature one that's priced more rationally. Too expensive in it's current avatar, especially since it does not have any preamp functionality and a remote. Unless of course, it's SQ stands heads and shoulders above the competition... Which is unlikely. All DACs in this price range sound good and more a case of preferring one Sonic signature to the other. Again, there's very little to differentiate between them on that aspect. And the other DACs come with screens, preamp functionality and a remote.

A case of missed opportunities i believe.

P.S. - the one area where the Zen One differentiates itself is by having SPDIF out which is of Very little utility in such a device to my mind.

If functionality is not a concern, and on pure SQ terms, i still consider the Chord Mojo to reign supreme in this segment.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back