Tower Speakers / Floor Standing Speakers for Marantz SR6013

ukjeyaraj

I am planning to buy a Tower Speakers / Floor Standing Speakers to pair with Marantz SR6013.

Usage will be 50% movies and 50% audio songs. I always listen to songs using Pure Direct and movies in Auto Mode.

Currently using Wharf 10.2 as LR and Wharf 10CS as Centre. For rear speakers and subwoofer I am using BA XS satellite speakers and its sub.

I am planning to change all speakers and sub. To start with I will change the front LR to tower speakers.

Also thinking of moving the Wharf 10.2 to surround duty once I acquire the Front speakers.

Room size is 20x13

Kindly suggest suitable Tower Speakers in the range of 60K

Thanks

You may also look at the IndiqAudio Gold Achal. They are excellent, falls well within your budget and has a good sound signature.
I had a long auditioning session and that speakers ticks all the right boxes.

Polk S55 are great speakers for their price. I am using them in my setup for last 1 year and they still surprise me. For close to 2 months, all I had was Yamaha AVR paired with S55s. Then added a center channel and used this 3.0 setup for 10 months before bringing a sub onboard and made the setup 3.1

This week, it'll get further expanded to 5.1 Taga 806S surround speakers are waiting at home for configuration.

S55s are so good, I feel they can do a great job in just a stereo setup as well. They go as low as 32hz and produce 200w. Their 7in woofer in speaker has a super punch and overall sound stage that it creates is amazing. I did a review and this week, I am planning to do a detailed review with test tracks and one year usage impressions. Will share the link when done.

To summarize, I doubt I could have bought a better towers for my money - and this was after months of extended audition & research here in India and US.

If your budget if slightly flexible below thread serves as a good read to include shortlists and decide on the FS you want to go for. At around 90k please include the XTZ 95.44 also in your shortlist , they are wonderful FS, probably the best i have listened to under 1L

Also note that you will need to upgrade your center to a similar series in future for a better timbre match and potentially better performance as well.

Polk S55 are great speakers for their price. I am using them in my setup for last 1 year and they still surprise me. For close to 2 months, all I had was Yamaha AVR paired with S55s. Then added a center channel and used this 3.0 setup for 10 months before bringing a sub onboard and made the setup 3.1

This week, it'll get further expanded to 5.1 Taga 806S surround speakers are waiting at home for configuration.

S55s are so good, I feel they can do a great job in just a stereo setup as well. They go as low as 32hz and produce 200w. Their 7in woofer in speaker has a super punch and overall sound stage that it creates is amazing. I did a review and this week, I am planning to do a detailed review with test tracks and one year usage impressions. Will share the link when done.

To summarize, I doubt I could have bought a better towers for my money - and this was after months of extended audition & research here in India and US.

Is this your own video?

@shinshya - One gentleman called Selvakumar asked me the same question on my channel. Tweeter is same in both, S60 has one extra mid bass speaker which makes the whole sound stage experience great. I listened to both, and S60 definitely had better depth and feel to audio. But then it costs 50% more than S55 and is bigger and heavier.

Also, if you are planning to go 5.1 or above, spending a fortune on front towers doesn't make much sense.

q acoustics 3050i and polk s55 are good option in that budget.

@syednizamudeen is also selling paradigm monitor s7, you can contact him if interested.

These are the exactly two options I have shortlisted currently.

Q-Acoustics 3050i is having lots of good review.

Polk - S55 also seems good on paper. Not sure about its performance as stereo speakers

I will try to have audition

You may also look at the IndiqAudio Gold Achal. They are excellent, falls well within your budget and has a good sound signature.
I had a long auditioning session and that speakers ticks all the right boxes.

Not sure where I can listen these speakers at Chennai

If your budget if slightly flexible below thread serves as a good read to include shortlists and decide on the FS you want to go for. At around 90k please include the XTZ 95.44 also in your shortlist , they are wonderful FS, probably the best i have listened to under 1L

Also note that you will need to upgrade your center to a similar series in future for a better timbre match and potentially better performance as well.

Thanks for the referred thread link. Its very useful.

I wont be able to extend the budget to one lakh.

Thanks for the detailed post and the useful youtube video.

Pliz share your experience of the Polk-S55 as stereo speakers. (Like pure direct and without sub)

Not sure where I can listen these speakers at Chennai
You can contact Amit from IndiqAudio and see if he can help facilitate something. His number is 7032292587. He is very accommodating and ambitious and not pushy on sales at all.. so its worth the try.

Regards,
Som

These are the exactly two options I have shortlisted currently.

Q-Acoustics 3050i is having lots of good review.

Polk - S55 also seems good on paper. Not sure about its performance as stereo speakers

I will try to have audition
Another good used option is available from @delhite2, he is selling a pair of sparingly used emotiva t2 towers for 80k. They are pretty good set of speakers and perform pretty well in all 3 departments.

If you have shortlisted QAcoustics and Polk S55, I vote the 3050i. I, more or less would have bought the 3050i or the Concept 40 if I had not listened to Indiq. 3050i is good.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back