TV for 80K Max

@just4kix, @lake1988

While I do appreciate your contribution to this forum, I have to say I do not appreciate the way you are starting yet another plasma vs led war here.
Since a few months this forum has been free from any major lcd vs plasma fight and I and everyone else here would like things to remain the same.

And surely the OP would not be too happy seeing the more recent posts here.

You can always choose to ignore some people and its not like our lives depend on defending/bashing lcd or plasma.

Arguing and fighting like small children isn't going to bring a solution

So relax and let peace prevail in this forum. A humble request :)

@etios

Buddy, maybe you dont realize but some of your posts seem like plasma bash posts. So try to word your posts in a better manner so as to not seem bashful or demeaning to plasma owners. At the end of the day both plasma and lcd are not perfect and we must accept that.

You complain that plasma fans recommend plasma in every thread even if the person would ne better off with a lcd set, but you have been doing the.opposite. People have different choices and nothing wrong if some people advocate plasmas while acknowledging its drawbacks.

I hope you will put an end to this cold war happening in this forum lately. Please

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk

A few thoughts from my side. I agree that there shouldn't be LCD vs Plasma war and it will only confuse a person who is genuinely looking for some help in buying a new TV. At the same time, we must also agree that there are lots of myths, false information and exagrated negative comments about Plasma being circulated in the outside world. It is only the HD Gurus/experts who does the actual testing have good things to say about Plasma. So in general, Plasma TVs don't get the fair treatment or the respect it deserves. I guess it is mostly due to the fact that most of the people are not genuinely aware (including the showroom guys) and a few who want to intentionally give negative comments.

So when there are more false negative perceptions about Plasma TVs, I do not see any wrong when some one like just4kix comes out and puts the right facts to break those nagative myths. I think he has done the right thing in putting the actual facts rather than simply discouraging a person from going for a particular TV. I think it is our duty as well to break any false myths, wrong assumptions, etc about a particular technology. It applies for both LCD and Plasma. Any way, I also appreciate avmaxfan's concerns about the LCD vs Plasma war which could cause some confusion for person looking for some advice.

Magic Remote is cool during interface navigation. Not so much while surfing the web as virtual keyboard is cumbersome.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back