TV for 80K Max

krishnavamshi24

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on buying an LED / Plasma TV next week and need your advice to buy one. Have visited a few showrooms and have checked out models coming in this price range. Here are the models i have checked

Samsung 40ES6800 - 85k
Samsung 46ES6030 - 72k
LG LM 42inch 6400 - 79K
Toshiba 46 VL 20 - 72k

Please advice there are more models i should be looking at, almost forgot my viewing distance is 8 feet approx may be more but surely not less. I can extend my budget a wee bit more if it is really worth it.

Note: Didn't check out Sony since i always feel they are overrated my personal opinion no offence to Sony owners

In case you want Plasma options, You can get 50" Plasma for this price...

Panasonic

50XT50 - 60K
50UT50 - 75K

Samsung

51E550 - 75K
51D470/490 -

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on buying an LED / Plasma TV next week and need your advice to buy one. Have visited a few showrooms and have checked out models coming in this price range. Here are the models i have checked

Samsung 40ES6800 - 85k
Samsung 46ES6030 - 72k
LG LM 42inch 6400 - 79K
Toshiba 46 VL 20 - 72k

Please advice there are more models i should be looking at, almost forgot my viewing distance is 8 feet approx may be more but surely not less. I can extend my budget a wee bit more if it is really worth it.

Note: Didn't check out Sony since i always feel they are overrated my personal opinion no offence to Sony owners

Plz have a demo of Sony 40hx850 which is exactly in your budget, better than your listed TVs in PQ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Avoid plasma if you dont want to be stuck with image burn-in and massive reflections, no plasma company covers image burn under warranty, so better go for an LED, the best LED in your budget is Sony 40HX850

Unless you have something personal against Sony, look at Bravia HX750 and HX850. Both of them are superior to all the TVs you listed, 850 eats them all for breakfast:D

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk

You can also check out 42LM6410, which is a slightly superior version to LM6400. LM6410 includes inbuilt wi-fi, whereas LM6400 is only wifi-ready. The price difference is Rs 2000.

I am also scouting for a suitable tv in this range.

My preference for LG mainly due to It having passsive 3D, which is the healthier option. All other brands, except Toshiba, have active 3D. Futher, currently LG is offering a 3D BD player + 3D titles + 4 glasses with this model. I am not sure about the magic remote. Can anyone throw some light on this please?

LG. Hmm if you are okay sacrificing 2D quality ( which you will watch 90% of the time) for 'healthier' 3D that you will watch no more than 10% of the time then yeah its a decent option :rolleyes:

Plz have a demo of Sony 40hx850 which is exactly in your budget, better than your listed TVs in PQ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Sony somehow is feel is always overpriced vis vis the features other TV's offer but will check it out. Also how many 3d glasses will i get.

Avoid plasma if you dont want to be stuck with image burn-in and massive reflections, no plasma company covers image burn under warranty, so better go for an LED, the best LED in your budget is Sony 40HX850
Plasma PQ is amazing but i'm also worried about the Image Burn-in issue and how it would behave in bright light. Otherwise was looking at Panny, any Panny users to comment on this and also suggest models i should check for that price.

Unless you have something personal against Sony, look at Bravia HX750 and HX850. Both of them are superior to all the TVs you listed, 850 eats them all for breakfast:D

Ok Noted will check these models as well, nothing personal against SONY again its VFM that concerns me when it comes to SONY. Thanks for your advice.

40HX850... is the perfect one for you.. with great PQ and monolithic design..

Yep will check this model seems to have some following :D

LG. Hmm if you are okay sacrificing 2D quality ( which you will watch 90% of the time) for 'healthier' 3D that you will watch no more than 10% of the time then yeah its a decent option :rolleyes:

LG did seem a little dull at first sight compared to Sammy just beside it. But will check LM6410 as well

For your information a sony led tv priced between 60-70k offers way better pic quality than a lg cinema 3d "World record" tv priced over 1-2 lakh.

Just check some reviews...and demo models.

For your information a sony led tv priced between 60-70k offers way better pic quality than a lg cinema 3d "World record" tv priced over 1-2 lakh.

Just check some reviews...and demo models.

hmm any models can you specify some models i should check, may i can get 46 inch sony at the same price range with a bit of sacrifice in PQ.

Already members have suggested HX850...nothing beats it..

Didn't understand this line though
may i can get 46 inch sony at the same price range with a bit of sacrifice in PQ.
Why do u think u're gonna sacrifice pic quality if you're going with sony?

If you are not much in to 3d you can go in for Sony 46ex650, which would give you excellent picture quality and 46" screen well within your budget. Unless you are an ABSOLUTE VIDEOPHILE you would be perfectly satisfied with the picture quality of 46ex650. Most people do not change their TV's every year and it is wiser to go for the biggest size which fits in to your budget but which also meets your picture quality requirements. What is laughable is how people are recommending hx850 when hx750 fulfills the needs of most people in terms of picture quality and also has 3d at a much lesser price. If you want 3d go for 40hx750 or 46hx750 if you can stretch your budget by another 10k and if 3d is not important go for 46ex650. HX850 is an excellent TV but why go for it when hx750 does everything a hx850 does with a marginal difference in picture quality. So unless you have the extra dough to spend and are paranoid about ultimate blacks i would suggest you to stick to hx750[3d] or 46ex650[non 3d].

Last edited:
Even you're not a videophile u will notice blacks of a tv.

Why Pioneer kuro considered the best hdtv because of its phenomenal black level. It's the black which make other color looking more natural and more true.

Even midrange models of sony/samsung provide very good black level due to its underlying SPVA panel...If a person doesn't understand concept of black level and its importance on pic quality then there is no point in arguing.

HX850 provides exceptional blacks though its a led and EX650 will also offer very good black level.

HX850 is an excellent TV but why go for it when hx750 does everything a hx850 does with a marginal difference in picture quality. So unless you have the extra dough to spend and are paranoid about ultimate blacks i would suggest you to stick to hx750[3d] or 46ex650[non 3d].

Cooldude .. I agree with you to some extent.. for an average viewer HX750 is really good enough... yes of course HX850 is in different league altogether.. but the price difference is also too steep (20k plus).. Yes for 2D, I think EX650 is just another good enough TV, but really don't come any closer to HX750, the colour is not vivid (bacause of the underlying black and clear to that extent.. please have a demo yourself in one of the big showrooms.. you'll feel the difference..

Even you're not a videophile u will notice blacks of a tv.

Why Pioneer kuro considered the best hdtv because of its phenomenal black level. It's the black which make other color looking more natural and more true.

Even midrange models of sony/samsung provide very good black level due to its underlying SPVA panel...If a person doesn't understand concept of black level and its importance on pic quality then there is no point in arguing.

HX850 provides exceptional blacks though its a led and EX650 will also offer very good black level.

Black levels are important but price also matters right. If you have an unlimited budget naturally you will go for the best TV but if your budget is limited you have to go for the TV which offers you the best possible picture quality and the max possible size at the specific budget. What would you recommend a person with a budget of 80k? a 46" ex650 or a 40" hx850?

So you are saying a person should sacrifice 6 inches for better black levels. As long as a TV produces acceptable black levels it is good enough for most people. So why stop at hx850, why not go the whole hog and buy the best LED TV in the world in Sharp elite which is genuinely back-lit with local dimming and produces the best lack levels which can even give the plasma a run for its money?

Where have i said black levels do not matter at all. All i am saying is as long as a TV dishes out acceptable black levels it will do the job. Have you used the ex650 in person? One of my cousin owns it and i have watched all kinds of stuff, be it DTH, Blu-Rays and PC Content. The HX650 is imo the most value for money model among Sony LED-LCD's which strikes the best balance between picture quality and price. But it does not have 3D and that is its only flaw. I personally own the ex500. I am a huge movie buff. As you know black levels matter a lot for watching Hollywood movies and i can tell you my ex500 does an adequate job of displaying blacks. Yes i would love to own the recently launched hx950 but its way out of my budget so one has to buy the best possible option at the max size possible in the said budget.

Last edited:
hmm any models can you specify some models i should check, may i can get 46 inch sony at the same price range with a bit of sacrifice in PQ.

Read my post above. If you cannot stretch your Budget and are not keen on 3d, go for 46ex650.

If you are keen on 3d and wiling to stretch your budget by 10-12k go in for 46HX750.

IMO go for a 46" TV cos 40" is slowly being replaced by 46" as the mainstream size.

First off thanks everyone for valuable inputs and here are my views on your comments
Already members have suggested HX850...nothing beats it..

Didn't understand this line though
Why do u think u're gonna sacrifice pic quality if you're going with sony?
I meant if there is any TV out there which has marginally lower PQ but offers more VFM (Read bigger TV with same / similar feature set).

Cooldude .. I agree with you to some extent.. for an average viewer HX750 is really good enough... yes of course HX850 is in different league altogether.. but the price difference is also too steep (20k plus).. Yes for 2D, I think EX650 is just another good enough TV, but really don't come any closer to HX750, the colour is not vivid (bacause of the underlying black and clear to that extent.. please have a demo yourself in one of the big showrooms.. you'll feel the difference..

If sony HX850 is not in budget then go for HX750.
Will check HX750, because HX850 is indeed going way over my budget at 89K and since my budget is already a stretched one it is ruled out.

Black levels are important but price also matters right. If you have an unlimited budget naturally you will go for the best TV but if your budget is limited you have to go for the TV which offers you the best possible picture quality and the max possible size at the specific budget. What would you recommend a person with a budget of 80k? a 46" ex650 or a 40" hx850?

So you are saying a person should sacrifice 6 inches for better black levels. As long as a TV produces acceptable black levels it is good enough for most people. So why stop at hx850, why not go the whole hog and buy the best LED TV in the world in Sharp elite which is genuinely back-lit with local dimming and produces the best lack levels which can even give the plasma a run for its money?

Where have i said black levels do not matter at all. All i am saying is as long as a TV dishes out acceptable black levels it will do the job. Have you used the ex650 in person? One of my cousin owns it and i have watched all kinds of stuff, be it DTH, Blu-Rays and PC Content. The HX650 is imo the most value for money model among Sony LED-LCD's which strikes the best balance between picture quality and price. But it does not have 3D and that is its only flaw. I personally own the ex500. I am a huge movie buff. As you know black levels matter a lot for watching Hollywood movies and i can tell you my ex500 does an adequate job of displaying blacks. Yes i would love to own the recently launched hx950 but its way out of my budget so one has to buy the best possible option at the max size possible in the said budget.

Read my post above. If you cannot stretch your Budget and are not keen on 3d, go for 46ex650.

If you are keen on 3d and wiling to stretch your budget by 10-12k go in for 46HX750.

IMO go for a 46" TV cos 40" is slowly being replaced by 46" as the mainstream size.

HX 850 is going out of my budget, have enquired with Bajaj and they are quoting 89900/- so it is ruled out somehow i'm getting inclined towards LG now 42inch LM6410 coming at 75K along with great freebies such as BD player + 4 3d glasses + 3D movie pack and i'm also considering ES6800 from Samsung coming at 78K but gives me free 2 3d glasses, movie pack and bluray player. Also what do you feel about the Toshiba thinking LED series they are offering 46inch VL / TL 20 at 72k around.

I'm also getting tempted by 50inch Plasmas which i saw today at the showrooms

P.S. I have replied to the points mentioned before this oddly they don't seem to appear

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back