Two bookshelf speakers with one matching amplifier within budget12k

samml

Hi Experts,

I want to gift my father a set of good bookshelf speakers along with a matching amplifier within 12 k.He mostly listens to old film songs (of 1940s-late 50s) & ghajals.The room size is 10*12 ft.

Kindly advise what should I go for.

Regards,
sam

The below might suit the purpose and budget. Sounds decent and easy to use. Supports MP3 and USB. Has a single cassette deck if your dad had old cassettes

MHC-GZR5D : Mini Hi-Fi System : Hi-Fi System : Sony India

Warning : Any thing beyond this will suck you into a black hole of the audiophile universe where you will have to battle myterious enemies like BS, floorstanders, CPD, Amplifiers, interconnects, sound stage, laid back sounding, warm sounding, DAC....etc to save your hard earned money from being eaten up by them:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Warning : Any thing beyond this will suck you into a black hole of the audiophile universe where you will have to battle myterious enemies like BS, floorstanders, CPD, Amplifiers, interconnects, sound stage, laid back sounding, warm sounding, DAC....etc to save your hard earned money from being eaten up by them
lol...very true

I am selling my old Sony Bookshelf speakers for 1500 bucks :)

You can pair them with the Norge 2060 amp costing 6800/-

Total Damage = 1500 + 6800 = 8300/-

If ur in chennai u can buy a craftel amp which is VFM and a pair of bookshelf from the same craftel, both will cost u around 7000 to 8000 .........

Hi Experts,

I want to gift my father a set of good bookshelf speakers along with a matching amplifier within 12 k.He mostly listens to old film songs (of 1940s-late 50s) & ghajals.The room size is 10*12 ft.

Regards,
sam

Thats a great thought. I would also suggest looking into powered speakers instead of separates as its easier to manage technology and space wise.

Hi Experts,

Regards,
sam

12 K including source or you have any source?9 Like PC or dvd player?)

Back