Two pairs of speakers

deepakgang

All - Just a random thought ... is it possible to set up 2 speakers for each stereo channel from an amplifier? Say its a mosfet high current and 100w+ .. how will the performance be. Not that Im trying to achieve it .. just came across my mind

You can connect any number of speakers you want in either series or parallel. When you connect in series, you add all the impedances of the speakers to arrive at the total impedance.

When you connect in parallel, the impedance is calculated as follows

1/Total Impedance=1/r1+1/r2

All long as you keep the impedance load in check and do not burn your amplifier, you are all right.

Most professional setup connect multiple speakers loads in series or parallel depending upon the requirement.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hmm I thought connecting the speakers in series will add up the impedance.
Well the second question is if I connect more speakers, the total power anyways will be distributed .. so what all are the advantages of having 4 speakers connected to the same amplifier than 2

When you connect in parallel, you add all the impedances of the speakers to arrive at the total impedance.

I think its the other way round. If speakers (or any other load) are connected in parallel, this reduces overall impedance.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back