UPS for projector

ontherocks

Had to start a new thread on this topic cause the old one (Link) is too old to allow posting. Didn't say much about V-Guard UPS. Topics on (why & which) stabilizers has been beaten to death but not UPS.

Heard good things about V-Guard products. So planning to purchase a V-Guard UPS (>= 600VA) for my projector (180 Watts).

Just need approx 2 min backup time to cool the lamp.
Its not an Audio equipment, so need not worry about sound quality.
Since its has universal voltage/frequency power supply, I guess its transformerless. So non sin wave output shouldn't be an issue.

Which one to go for, digital (Digital Products) or non-digital (Products)?

Last edited:
Had to start a new thread on this topic cause the old one (Link) is too old to allow posting. Didn't say much about V-Guard UPS. Topics on (why & which) stabilizers has been beaten to death but not UPS.

Heard good things about V-Guard products. So planning to purchase a V-Guard UPS (>= 600VA) for my projector (180 Watts).

Just need approx 2 min backup time to cool the lamp.
Its not an Audio equipment, so need not worry about sound quality.
Since its has universal voltage/frequency power supply, I guess its transformerless. So non sin wave output shouldn't be an issue.

Which one to go for, digital (Digital Products) or non-digital (Products)?

Definitely, I too need to think about UPS for the to be bought projector. Have time researching, by the time I hope this thread should be mature enough with more suggestions/reviews for me to make an easy decision.

Thanks for starting this thread!:yahoo:

I am using APC BR1100 series UPS with my HD20, it does duty both for my comp and my projector, also gives sufficient time to shutdown the projector and the lamp to cool off.

As a thumb rule its better to go for at least 30% higher capacity if not more as the efficiency of the battery would come down with usage.

Well guys me too considering to buy a separate UPS to backup my projector as my ups cum inverter not have enough margin to back it up while I'm gaming spatially though it works fine with videos as power consumption is lot less (allowing me four hours of full HD video) then gaming.

I'm thinking about normal APC offline UPS around 2.5K for the purpose what you say.

surinder, as mentioned in my post, look at the max power required for the projector to function, on that add 30% as a buffer and go for a UPS .As over time the efficiency would drop. Some people also take 20% as a buffer, so it all depends on what your budget is and how much you are comfortable spending as the PJ lamp costs a lot and power failure can cause fatal damage to the same.

The max load for my PJ is around 300 watts . The peak output of my UPS is 660 watts.

Look and calculate the power consumption requirements of the PJ read the manual and details then buy the UPS, If the load is higher than the supply the UPS will fail to work due to overload.

I've used an APC BackUPS 650 for my Panasonic projector in the past , and it works fine. I've now upgraded to a much larger pure sine wave online APC unit for my audio and video systems.

guys, just a small query here..
is using the normal inverter ok? I have currently connected the power source of the prj via the inverter, so that in case of a power failure, i see the lights blinking as in the case of a normal prj shutdown, although the prj does not remain switched on in case of a UPS..
any thoughts..

guys i have a Su-Kam Digital Home UPS.

I just got a projector.

Can this UPS be used to protect my Projector and how ?

Thanks

guys, just a small query here..
is using the normal inverter ok? I have currently connected the power source of the prj via the inverter, so that in case of a power failure, i see the lights blinking as in the case of a normal prj shutdown, although the prj does not remain switched on in case of a UPS..
any thoughts..

It may depend on the KVA rating of your inverter as Halogen lamps require high wattage to keep running. So if there are other appliances running the inverter may not have enough juice to turn the projector on.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back