Urgent suggestion and dealer contact no for 5.1 setup in Kolkata

There is another high-end audio store named Harmonie Audio in New Alipur. I visited this store in 2019 and talked to the owner of the store. The owner appeared to be a knowledgeable person and an audiophile.He had some inventory of speakers, sources and electronics in the store. You might want to check that out. You need to call the owner before going to the store because he is not always present in the store and the sales person who was there in 2019 didn't have much hifi knowledge...
Not sure if KEF speakers are available in Cal but it is worth finding out. Also someone mentioned Dali speakers on this forum which is another good brand and it's worth auditioning. A few other popular mass-market brands are Focal, B&W, Klipsch, Paradigm, Totem, Dyn Audio, PSB, etc. You need to talk to the dealers in India who import these brands and find out price/availability. Also don't limit your search to only Cal. You would find better and more active dealers in Delhi/Bombay. Talk to the dealers and find out if they can offer home trial.
Thanks.

There is another high-end audio store named Harmonie Audio in New Alipur. I visited this store in 2019 and talked to the owner of the store. The owner appeared to be a knowledgeable person and an audiophile.He had some inventory of speakers, sources and electronics in the store. You might want to check that out. You need to call the owner before going to the store because he is not always present in the store and the sales person who was there in 2019 didn't have much hifi knowledge...
Not sure if KEF speakers are available in Cal but it is worth finding out. Also someone mentioned Dali speakers on this forum which is another good brand and it's worth auditioning. A few other popular mass-market brands are Focal, B&W, Klipsch, Paradigm, Totem, Dyn Audio, PSB, etc. You need to talk to the dealers in India who import these brands and find out price/availability. Also don't limit your search to only Cal. You would find better and more active dealers in Delhi/Bombay. Talk to the dealers and find out if they can offer home trial.
Thanks.
Owner of Harmonie is Basu da. He’s very knowledgeable and despite being old school he’s technically updated. He’s especially good with turntable and cartridge pairing practical knowledge. I believe OP already visited the place.
I’ve been there once few years back.

KEFs are stocked by ProFx Kolkata

Thanks.
I visited harmonie audio, his stock seemed to be the best and has nice separate rooms for demo. And yes, i just bought a bic pl 200 ii from chennai since i wasnt getting good sub deal in kol. For the entire setup my budget is strict under 2L. Dont know how much better i can do other than the 3030i s.

Owner of Harmonie is Basu da. He’s very knowledgeable and despite being old school he’s technically updated. He’s especially good with turntable and cartridge pairing practical knowledge. I believe OP already visited the place.
I’ve been there once few years back.

KEFs are stocked by ProFx Kolkata
Yes, very knowledgeable, learned a few things from him during my short visit also he seemed to be happy to give a demo. Nice place, if i a get a good price id happily buy from him, but i have heard from a forum member his prices arent that good and almost non negotiable.

If your usage is going to be movies primarily then those QAs powered by the X2700h is a fine combo.
For subs you’d be better off buying a used from this forum - lot of FMs regularly upgrade their stuff and you’d get much better VFM. IMO.

Surprised Wattfeffects doesn’t have Elacs on demo as they were the first ones to bring Elacs in the city 5 years back.
Music and movies both, 50-50 ... I was just reading about this, how to have a single setup for movies and stereo music ... And i get that a separate hifi amp ll be better but at this moment im really budget constrainted since i have another room that has to be done with ceiling speakers and a basic amp rcvr and i'm thinking to go with 4 QA qi65c ceiling speakers and yamaha n303 (harmonie audio owners suggestion) so i have another 70-1L saved for a different room. So if you can give me a better suggestion within the same price category that can server well for both movies and music that'd be really helpful.

Music and movies both, 50-50 ... I was just reading about this, how to have a single setup for movies and stereo music ... And i get that a separate hifi amp ll be better but at this moment im really budget constrainted since i have another room that has to be done with ceiling speakers and a basic amp rcvr and i'm thinking to go with 4 QA qi65c ceiling speakers and yamaha n303 (harmonie audio owners suggestion) so i have another 70-1L saved for a different room. So if you can give me a better suggestion within the same price category that can server well for both movies and music that'd be really helpful.

For the LR , I’d go for Elac 6.2 over the QA as they are better speakers in every respect. Rest all , including AVR and Atmos is fine. But the L- R is the heart of any setup.

It's absolutely critical that you get the best three front speakers within your budget. That's where you have to spend the most of your budget. All other electronics could be upgraded later.
Thanks.

Hi, so these are the final quotes i have gotten from mr mittal of auditro

3030i - 34320
3090ci - 17500
3010i - 20720
denon x2700h - 59700
QA q65c ceiling speakers - 17520 (Pair)
yamaha n303 stereo rcvr - 27200

please let me if these are fair pricing or not.

Price looks ok to me but you can request to reduce some more, anyways just for curiosity..I may be wrong..why this yamaha n303 stereo receiver..do you have different stereo setup or you want to combine stereo and movie experience in same setup. If you are buying it for stereo experience with this same set of speakers..does it supports ht bypass mode ? if not it will not be an good idea interested of this you can take a better AVR from marantz which definitely will sounds better than this...even an older model denon x3600h will be a better sounding machine.

Or else if you want to stick to x2700h put that stereo receiver money for your front left and right and take 3050i instead of 3030i, it's old but still a legend in towers, which will definitely improve your sound quality.
All the best.

Last edited:
Price looks ok to me but you can request to reduce some more, anyways just for curiosity..I may be wrong..why this yamaha n303 stereo receiver..do you have different stereo setup or you want to combine stereo and movie experience in same setup. If you are buying it for stereo experience with this same set of speakers..does it supports ht bypass mode ? if not it will not be an good idea interested of this you can take a better AVR from marantz which definitely will sounds better than this...even an older model denon x3600h will be a better sounding machine.

Or else if you want to stick to x2700h put that stereo receiver money for your front left and right and take 3050i instead of 3030i, it's old but still a legend in towers, which will definitely improve your sound quality.
All the best.
I have a separate living room where i'm installing another qi65c (4) ceiling speakers and the receiver is to drive them.

Now i have a problem. All my audio network termination is in a separate room, rack mounted setup. Looking for a solution with which i can control both the systems from the respective rooms. Any idea how to go about it? The app controls of denon/yamaha ll do the job? Or should i have to get some kind of IR extender installed?

I have a separate living room where i'm installing another qi65c (4) ceiling speakers and the receiver is to drive them.

Now i have a problem. All my audio network termination is in a separate room, rack mounted setup. Looking for a solution with which i can control both the systems from the respective rooms. Any idea how to go about it? The app controls of denon/yamaha ll do the job? Or should i have to get some kind of IR extender installed?
Until you are in same wifi/network , from app you able control, provided your receiver is in power on State.
In my Nad receiver I can able to connect from different room either from tidal/Spotify or blueos, also able to start , stop, change track but not power off or turn on my receiver, Nad app remote is not that good , denon heos might work, denon user can update you.

Until you are in same wifi/network , from app you able control, provided your receiver is in power on State.
In my Nad receiver I can able to connect from different room either from tidal/Spotify or blueos, also able to start , stop, change track but not power off or turn on my receiver, Nad app remote is not that good , denon heos might work, denon user can update you.
Yes it ll be the same network, i am installing a mesh wifi network throughout the house.

Any idea on wire brands and hdmi cables pricings? He's quoting 10k for 20m hdmi cable (hdmi 2.0, hdcp 2.2) and audioquest subwoofer cable 200/m for 20m, and 60/m for speaker wires. (brand and gauge i dont knw yet)

Do visit wattaeffect utsav and take demo for totem and monitor audio I have recently bought totem kin min flex from him and he is really knowledgeable.

Yes it ll be the same network, i am installing a mesh wifi network throughout the house.

Any idea on wire brands and hdmi cables pricings? He's quoting 10k for 20m hdmi cable (hdmi 2.0, hdcp 2.2) and audioquest subwoofer cable 200/m for 20m, and 60/m for speaker wires. (brand and gauge i dont knw yet)
I have installed qed cable for audio
And impressions hdmi which supports 4k

Wattaeffect has stock of denon x2400 which is a good receiver at reasonable price also check out quadral argentum 590 towers.

Last edited:
HDMI 2.0 should be Rs 200 to 300/m, HDMI 2.1 may cost more( hdmi cable are mostly backward compatible if your avr or tv support 2.1 then you can go for it) ( but i did not buy any hdmi cable i have one with my old 4k tv and one with my zappiti media player and those are decoding 4k and atmos fine, my tv does not support dolby vision so never tested), speaker wires i used amazon basic 14awg wire for my right/left/center 3 speakers and 12awg wire from auditro at same price Rs 60/m for my surround and atmos speakers(i have a small room10x12 ft). Sub as well I am using amazon basic rca cables for subwoofer( not invested on other high end cable they are very costly, if i need to repositioning my sub will use a Bluetooth module like svs soundpath wireless adapter later)

Last edited:

10k for 20meter hdmi hdcp 2.2 is reasonable but go for brand like qed and impressions fiber hdmi.

Elac is way more refined IMO than QA in terms of midrange and lower end bass , but needs good stereo amps or a higher end AVR to sing properly.
My experience at Auditro was pretty bad with no consideration for sitting arrangement and staff with zero knowledge (owner is out as I understand).

If you haven’t already committed you can visit Wattfeffects at Southern Avenue.
+1 from me

Wattaeffect has stock of denon x2400 which is a good receiver at reasonable price also check out quadral argentum 590 towers.
they are way over my budget range. My initial budget for everything was 1L, now i am at 3.2L , i really cant spend a dime more.

+1 from me
Hi, have you compared the elacs agains the recently launched 3030i? I was more impressed with the 3030i s than the b6.2 .... 3030i is a vast improvement over 3020i in almost every aspect especially the low end.

And regarding auditro, yes do not have any kind proper auditioning room, and i didn't find the owner that knowledgeable as well, he is just a good businessman and being the business he knows some stuff but i had far better experience with harmonie audio, new alipore, in terms of being an audiophile and conversing with a like minded person. too bad their pricing isn't flexible enough. Otherwise it's a fantastic place to visit and and audition speakers with dedicated rooms for movies and music separately and the owner has some serious gear in his music room.

But by far the worst and bizarre experience i had was with sks traders behala, i dont know how they are in business and what kind of people are buying from them. They quoted me 92k for denon x2700h with a straight face and offered me 4k discount as if that was the best deal ever been given to me, just to start with.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back