Urgent suggestion and dealer contact no for 5.1 setup in Kolkata

soumyajit92

Hi, guys, looking for suggestion for 5.1 or 5.1.2 if possible, setup under 1L (+20 if it's worth it) in kolkata. Have to finalize if possibly by tomorrow or at max by this week. Can you guys direct towards a few good hifi dealers in kolkata? looking forward to some good suggestions. Thanks.

This is the room design WhatsApp Image 2020-12-11 at 10.03.02 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-12-11 at 10.03.02 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-11 at 10.03.02 PM (1).jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 27
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-12-11 at 10.03.02 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-11 at 10.03.02 PM (2).jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 26
Hi Soumya, you can go through the following thread where I had suggested most of the hifi dealers in Kolkata based on my experience.

Hi Soumya, you can go through the following thread where I had suggested most of the hifi dealers in Kolkata based on my experience.

Thanks for the suggestion, ll visit auditro and pro fx tomorrow, guess have to visit sks traders as well since i want to audition klipsch as well.

For now i've narrowed it down to these components, please guide me with the rest, especially the atmos speakers and the surround positioning since you can see one side of the room has a sliding door which is quite big.

denon x1400 / yamaha v585 Receiver
elac b6 / qcoustic 3030i Front
elac b5 / qacotsic 3090i Centre
Polk t15 / jbl control 1 Rear surround
atmos --- ??
sub -- ??

open to other similarly priced suggestions as well.

Thanks.

You'll get a good deal at Auditro, Park Street. Got a 6014 and Polk speakers from there recently. Best rates in the city.

You'll get a good deal at Auditro, Park Street. Got a 6014 and Polk speakers from there recently. Best rates in the city.
I agree as well Akshay ji from Auditro helped a lot during my setup.

Atmos on budget if owm3 from Polk is good or if you want to do in clinging rc60i is good.

Sub : Bic American f12, xtz subs are good..Polk also has good subs.

QA also has a very good sub little costly B12.
All the best..

Last edited:
Hello Somya,
I have looked at the pictures that you have attached before and I have a few questions.
What are the room dimensions? Is this going to be an office layout? Is this an existing room?
In a residential set up it's not a good idea to have a lot of glasses and openings in the HT room. If it's a to-be-built room then the wall/ceiling construction and building them in a non-parallel way would be very important for having an ideal audio/video environment. Also you have to think about the quality of AC power feeding your A/V components. Basically you have to focus on the foundation and get it correct, else no amount of money spent on screen, speaker and electronics would get you the optimal performance.
Just my two cents....

Hi, so in last two days i have visited both auditro and harmonie studio, did not even bother with pro fx since they only deal with polk and kef. And here are my thought and approx price they've quoted and their suggestions.

Auditro: The owner is on vacation and the assistant was speaking to me and don't think she has much knowledge about high end audio, she mostly handles the customers and transactions and such. Since i want to go with q acoustic 3030i for the fronts, 3090ci for the centre and they do stock this brand this wasn't a problem. I'm mostly confused about getting a budget but decent 7.2 AVR for atmos setup and the surround and ceiling speakers. To my knowledge rear speakers doesnt need to high end, just loud to relay the surround effect and any basic ceiling speaker should do the job for atmos since atmos usage is very subtle. So the assistant suggested me to go with denon s750h for the receiver(54k) and polk t15 for the rear and polk basic ceiling speakers for atmost (10k each), sub she is suggesting polk s10 since they dont have any other budget option and they only stock fyn audio, polk, cambridge audio and q acoustic subs. So here are the first phase quotes i have gotten from her without speaking to the owner himself and his suggestions.

QA 3030i - 36k
QA 3090ci - 16k
Polk t15 - 10k
Denon s750h - 54k
Polk S10 sub - 35k
Polk ceiling - 10k each

Harmonie Studio - They have much better stock of brands and the owner seems very knowledgeable. But he insisted on getting entire setup from a single brand. That is if i get QA get the rear and ceiling also from the same brand. Price is comparable more or less and he promised to discuss further for the negotiable amount if i take it from him. For the sub he is suggesting to go with Q acoustic qb12 or something like ELAC S3030 which is a bit pricey. And for the AVR he is suggesting to go with denon x2700h(69k) becuase he is saying x1600h (50k) ll be very basic in terms of of output and features for the setup he suggested.

QA 3030i
QA 3090ci
QA 3010i
Denon x2700
QA qb12

Approx 2L he is quoting for the above. Is it a fair pricing?

Please suggest what to do, especially with the rear, sub and avr choice. I have heard rear doesnt need to be good in fidelity, just loud and clear, so is it worth it to spend 20k+ for the rears? I understand i do have a large size rectangular room though.

Last edited:
Hello Somya,
I have looked at the pictures that you have attached before and I have a few questions.
What are the room dimensions? Is this going to be an office layout? Is this an existing room?
In a residential set up it's not a good idea to have a lot of glasses and openings in the HT room. If it's a to-be-built room then the wall/ceiling construction and building them in a non-parallel way would be very important for having an ideal audio/video environment. Also you have to think about the quality of AC power feeding your A/V components. Basically you have to focus on the foundation and get it correct, else no amount of money spent on screen, speaker and electronics would get you the optimal performance.
Just my two cents....
Wiring is done and the interior designer have all the speakers wirings done and terminated in a sperate room(library) where the setup ll stay hidden. Unfortunately the glass panel cant be removed, design is fixed, best i can do is install thick curtains when in use. Now since the audio wiring of all the rooms is terminated in a separate room, now i am looking at a IR blasted extender kind of setup. Dont know how else can one control the AVR from a different room otherwise.

Before going for them ..do audition them if possible , I like QA than Polk , qa is very well known and good brand , still you might not like it.. sound is very much subjective and defer between individuals, it might good to me but not to you..so listen them at first..with qa marantz will be good I auditioned them together so telling you..u might find denon is better.. listen to them with your well known music genre and check what you like most, which sounds better..its not mandatory that you have to complete entire setup at a time..in HT setup once you will be little experienced you will understand.. basic quality is main thing not the features..take time to build the good quality system... Will vote QA over polk.all the best.

Before going for them ..do audition them if possible , I like QA than Polk , qa is very well known and good brand , still you might not like it.. sound is very much subjective and defer between individuals, it might good to me but not to you..so listen them at first..with qa marantz will be good I auditioned them together so telling you..u might find denon is better.. listen to them with your well known music genre and check what you like most, which sounds better..its not mandatory that you have to complete entire setup at a time..in HT setup once you will be little experienced you will understand.. basic quality is main thing not the features..take time to build the good quality system... Will vote QA over polk.all the best.
i did audition them, both elac b6 and 3030i, found the 3030i to be better. Now looking for the best deal possible and some assistant who can set it up for me. Also marantz ll be a bit expensive for my budget, i'm already way over my initial budget. Probably ll go with x2700h.

Talk with the owner of Auditro via phone for pricing before finalizing. He also helped me with the setup at my place which no other dealer offered me.

good that you auditioned all your equipment, love to know you like QA, budget is something that always comes in between.. anyways give a call to Akshay ji ( Auditro) give our reference if needed..he will help you..

Elac is way more refined IMO than QA in terms of midrange and lower end bass , but needs good stereo amps or a higher end AVR to sing properly.
My experience at Auditro was pretty bad with no consideration for sitting arrangement and staff with zero knowledge (owner is out as I understand).

If you haven’t already committed you can visit Wattfeffects at Southern Avenue.

Elac is way more refined IMO than QA in terms of midrange and lower end bass , but needs good stereo amps or a higher end AVR to sing properly.
My experience at Auditro was pretty bad with no consideration for sitting arrangement and staff with zero knowledge (owner is out as I understand).

If you haven’t already committed you can visit Wattfeffects at Southern Avenue.
Yes, that's the plan, i'd give them a visit as well.

Update: just had a call with watteffects, they dont have elacs or qa on demo. Any other place where i can demo the elacs?

For the avr, i cant go higher than denon x2700h. Also since i ll have a sub, does the low end matter that much from the bookshelves alone?

Last edited:
good that you auditioned all your equipment, love to know you like QA, budget is something that always comes in between.. anyways give a call to Akshay ji ( Auditro) give our reference if needed..he will help you..
Well he ll be back on the 15th, so i'll give them a visit after that again. Meanwhile i ordered a BIC PL200 II from a chennai dealer. Hope i made the right choice???

Yes, that's the plan, i'd give them a visit as well.

Update: just had a call with watteffects, they dont have elacs or qa on demo. Any other place where i can demo the elacs?

For the avr, i cant go higher than denon x2700h. Also since i ll have a sub, does the low end matter that much from the bookshelves alone?

If your usage is going to be movies primarily then those QAs powered by the X2700h is a fine combo.
For subs you’d be better off buying a used from this forum - lot of FMs regularly upgrade their stuff and you’d get much better VFM. IMO.

Surprised Wattfeffects doesn’t have Elacs on demo as they were the first ones to bring Elacs in the city 5 years back.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back