Urgent suggestion and dealer contact no for 5.1 setup in Kolkata

Didn't select any wall speakers, i'll be using the 3010i s more side/rear surrounds on the wall. Got the 3030i fronts and matching 3090ci for center. In fact my ceiling atmos are also from q acoustic only so i think it'll be matched well.
sounds good to me.

got the bic pl200ii for now, ll add one later if i feel like. let's see. for the placement I'm thinking of placing it in between two bookshelf stands more on the right. Don't think subwoofer crawl ll be possible for me.

for room treatment, i'm installing two full wall thick drapes on both left and right side. Don't know whether i'll be allowed to place a carpet between the tv and the sofa as from the room design u can see all that's is already decided.
Hello Soumya- Are building this HT for your house or for some commercial purpose?
Thanks.

My curious question to all those spending quite a lot (3L and above ) - what are you using as source ? Do you all have a substantial collection of Blu Ray discs that justifies investing this much in HT ?
Because , to be honest , Netflix 4K plan has good audio but nowhere close what the Blu Ray discs offer, IMHO.

My curious question to all those spending quite a lot (3L and above ) - what are you using as source ? Do you all have a substantial collection of Blu Ray discs that justifies investing this much in HT ?
Because , to be honest , Netflix 4K plan has good audio but nowhere close what the Blu Ray discs offer, IMHO.
Jack sparrow says otherwise, with the help of nvidia shield tv (lossless atmos passthrough).

And for streaming i already have netflix 4k, prime, disney hotstar(some 4k titles), tidal, spotify.

Okay. I don’t mean to hijack this thread , but I have doubts how NVidia claims to stream lossless from streaming platforms. Even a non 4K Blu Ray disc has data (including both audio video ) of around 25-30Gb. Netflix 4K doesn’t stream this amount of data when you are streaming from it using NVidia streamer (or does it ?) - it uses compression algorithms for both audio and video.
And 4K Blu ray discs are of course over 100gb capacity.

For content quality over various streamers this is a useful post by @ankitbhargava

I feel anyone investing a substantial amount on new HT should be aware of these stuff

Although I am not a videophile but I thought the streaming video quality is quite good and comparable to the BluRay video quality. Now if you are talking about 4K UHD then I am not sure where the current streaming quality is. However the audio quality in the current streaming offerings is very poor and far behind from the latest audio resolution that you can get in BluRay let alone UHD disks. I am not aware of any streaming service that offers Dolby TrueHD or DTS HDMaster quality audio let alone Dolby Atmos. Again I am mostly interested in two channel music and I might not be up to date with the most latest offerings from the streaming services....
Thanks.

Own apartment
Great. Then you are in full control, experimenting with bass traps, wooden diffusors, etc to provide a flat frequency response throughout the room. Unlike a two channel system in HT environment you haver to worry about seats other than the center sweet spot and ensure that there is no change in the tonality or bass response as you move from one seat to another. Instead of using drapes on the glass doors/windows you might bring in a couple of self standing bass traps to cover up the glass part. They are flexible in that you could remove it when not using the system. Just another thought.
Thanks.

Although I am not a videophile but I thought the streaming video quality is quite good and comparable to the BluRay video quality. Now if you are talking about 4K UHD then I am not sure where the current streaming quality is. However the audio quality in the current streaming offerings is very poor and far behind from the latest audio resolution that you can get in BluRay let alone UHD disks. I am not aware of any streaming service that offers Dolby TrueHD or DTS HDMaster quality audio let alone Dolby Atmos. Again I am mostly interested in two channel music and I might not be up to date with the most latest offerings from the streaming services....
Thanks.
You are right about the audio part. For video , the latest OLEDs and QLEDs as well as NVidia shield have AI enhanced upscaling algorithms which makes for very good viewing experience for streaming videos. So investing in an expensive TV / Shield makes sense.
But audio is where it takes the most hit. Thus at least for coming future , one’s HT audio will be severely under-utilised if one is not using physical media and relying on Netflix 4K.

Okay. I don’t mean to hijack this thread , but I have doubts how NVidia claims to stream lossless from streaming platforms. Even a non 4K Blu Ray disc has data (including both audio video ) of around 25-30Gb. Netflix 4K doesn’t stream this amount of data when you are streaming from it using NVidia streamer (or does it ?) - it uses compression algorithms for both audio and video.
And 4K Blu ray discs are of course over 100gb capacity.
Nvidia doesnt claim to stream lossless from streaming platform. Streaming platforms use dolby digital for atmos tracks which is lossy. But if you have movies in mkv or mp4 format with dolby true hd atmos tracks, shield tv can passthrough those tracks using earc. Basically if your source has any lossless tracks, you can passthrough using earc using shield tv. But no other device can do that (to my knowledge) even if they support the format, for example lg higher end tv s support atmos and earc but cant passthrough the audio using the same earc.

For content quality over various streamers this is a useful post by @ankitbhargava

I feel anyone investing a substantial amount on new HT should be aware of these stuff

He is using old nvidia shield, this is the current gen specs. You'll no problem playing even large 4k video files using the tvs inbuilt media player, problem is the lossless dolby/dts audio passthrough. At there shield tv comes into play.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201221-083004889.jpg
    Screenshot_20201221-083004889.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 9
He is using old nvidia shield, this is the current gen specs. You'll no problem playing even large 4k video files using the tvs inbuilt media player, problem is the lossless dolby/dts audio passthrough. At there shield tv comes into play.
Hi

Atmos is closed source and till date it has not been possible to reverse engineer it for ripping. So downloaded files won’t have true Atmos content. You can search the forum and verify yours.
For uncompressed DTS X or DD+ content you’d have to download files whose size on average will be 80-90gb. If it’s feasible for you in long term by all means go ahead.

Hi

Atmos is closed source and till date it has not been possible to reverse engineer it for ripping. So downloaded files won’t have true Atmos content. You can search the forum and verify yours.
For uncompressed DTS X or DD+ content you’d have to download files whose size on average will be 80-90gb. If it’s feasible for you in long term by all means go ahead.
There are literally thousands upon thousands true hd atmos movies available in mkv container. Atmos tracks are questionable for flac ripping, not for mkv though.

Hi

may be I am wrong but when I play atoms rips in my media player it doesn't show Dolby digital + it's showing Atmos, in my avr too showing Dolby Atmos, where as if it's a Dolby digital or dtsx rip, it shows Dolby digital or dtsx respectively, I am using zappiti media player, download ripped movies from internet size 20g to 40g( my internet speed is 20-40mbps and it took 2hrs max to download 20-30gb) , also Dolby Atmos demo disc rip decode Atmos and I can hear appropriate sounds from Atmos channels as well, any ways I think in future our internet speed will be increased not decreased and now a days we can download good rip content very easily if you know the valid source, so as time goes ott and rip content take the place of dvd and cds, so using android media player like nvidia shield, zappiti etc are right way to go.. may be we need to invest in NAS to store those big rip..

Hi

That's fairly wrong. Atmos is available everywhere in MKVs. Dolby Vision has been a pain but lately, there has been success and the latest version of makeMKV supports atmos. Soon the MKVmerge will also start supporting it and we'll have access to mux and transcode Vision files on PC through handbrake or StaxRip.

About DD+, it's extremely low bitrate. It can be mastered from 96(stereo) to 768(atmos) Kbps. Even in the worst case where DD+ is carrying atmos, it will only be 700 MB for a 2-hour movie clip. Even for Dolby True HD (highest bitrate, lossless) at 48 kHz is around 6000 Kbps or around 5.2 GB for a 2-hour movie. It can go up to 15.6 GB for 192 kHz signalling for the max bitrate of 18000 Kbps.

The file size of a movie depends heavily on the video and how it's encoded, not the audio signal. I have DTS HD and True HD encoded movies for 25-40 GBs where I've just mixed the sound but re-encoded the video signal. You can generally keep 95% of source quality (assuming it's high quality and not compressed already) for 30% of file size on HEVC.

If you want proof, please PM me. I can link you to 5-7 GB Mandalorian Season 2 episodes with Dolby Atmos audio and at 4k HDR.

Hi, have you compared the elacs agains the recently launched 3030i? I was more impressed with the 3030i s than the b6.2 .... 3030i is a vast improvement over 3020i in almost every aspect especially the low end.

And regarding auditro, yes do not have any kind proper auditioning room, and i didn't find the owner that knowledgeable as well, he is just a good businessman and being the business he knows some stuff but i had far better experience with harmonie audio, new alipore, in terms of being an audiophile and conversing with a like minded person. too bad their pricing isn't flexible enough. Otherwise it's a fantastic place to visit and and audition speakers with dedicated rooms for movies and music separately and the owner has some serious gear in his music room.

But by far the worst and bizarre experience i had was with sks traders behala, i dont know how they are in business and what kind of people are buying from them. They quoted me 92k for denon x2700h with a straight face and offered me 4k discount as if that was the best deal ever been given to me, just to start with.
Hi Soumya I must say all your experience is exactly matching with mine... Harmonie audio by far is the best place to buy And learn about Hifi system..sometime I just visit his shop for chitchap...rather buy

So this is the almost final equipment selection update, i'll post photos when everything is finished(interior work is still going on)

Lg cx 65 inch oled
Benq w5700 4k projector
Liberty 100-120 inch screen (size to be decided by the installation team)
Q Acoustic 3030i front LR
Q Acoustic 3090ci center
Q Acoustic 3010i rear
Q Acoustic q65c Ceiling Pair (atmos)
BIC pl200 ii sub (hope i made the right decision for the money)
Denon x2700h AVR
Nvidia Shield TV Pro Media player
PS5 (hopefully)
15TB (3 5TB drives connected to the shield for 4k movies/TV Shows via plex)

Great. What made you choose benq w5700 over epson tw9400? General opinion is that the epson is better. It's relatively better priced in India too, considering US price is 2999 usd. Did you find the benq better on demo?

Great. What made you choose benq w5700 over epson tw9400? General opinion is that the epson is better. It's relatively better priced in India too, considering US price is 2999 usd. Did you find the benq better on demo?
Like i said in a prev thread , i ll have the option to choose between the epson and benq, for now its not selected yet, wrote benq just because i felt it's sharpness ll be superior to that of epson which is more important to me since my sitting distance is pretty close to the screen and 90 % of my content is in 4k hdr atmos format. But even then i ll have the epson as well for a home demo and select between the two. Now i know epson ll have superior black level etc etce but keep in mind i ll have a 65 inch lg cx oled as well just behind the motorised screen so that i can have the best of both worlds. Lets see how the demo goes, i ll definitely update here.

So this is the almost final equipment selection update, i'll post photos when everything is finished(interior work is still going on)

Lg cx 65 inch oled
Benq w5700 4k projector
Liberty 100-120 inch screen (size to be decided by the installation team)
Q Acoustic 3030i front LR
Q Acoustic 3090ci center
Q Acoustic 3010i rear
Q Acoustic q65c Ceiling Pair (atmos)
BIC pl200 ii sub (hope i made the right decision for the money)
Denon x2700h AVR
Nvidia Shield TV Pro Media player
PS5 (hopefully)
15TB (3 5TB drives connected to the shield for 4k movies/TV Shows via plex)
15TB (3 5TB drives connected to the shield for 4k movies/TV Shows via plex)... are you planning for NAS or how you are connecting those HDD, if USB then it will work but due to usb continuous drive activity usb drive sometime populate lot of bad sector on it and which will make it stop detecting after somedays ...NAS is a better way, either pc based or something dedicated like synology , netgear , qnap, zappiti those will be better.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back