plz audio gurus your guidance required

Attachments

• fw v785.jpg
    fw v785.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
hi,
What is the impedance of the speakers?

What component of your philips system you want to connect to the Denon AVR?

Denon AVRs require speakers with impedence of and above 6 ohms. If the philips speakers support this impedence, then you can use them.

I want to connect tsi 400 with my philips system which has 120 w rms x 2ch 6ohms
so how to connect philips stereo system with denon 1312?
is it possible that I can attach floorstander with philips stereo system and
center and surround speaker with denon 1312
is it work??

You want to use the existing philips amplifier and the polk speakers for front L and R. For surround and center you will use denon 1312 and three other speakers. I guess this is what you want. Denon 1312 has no preout for front L and R. So you won't get decoded front L and R from denon to connect to philips amp. You can design a switch that can connect the polk speakers to your stereo amp in one position and to the denon avr in another position. There is a DIY on such a switch. http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/16006-please-throw-light-powered-speaker-splitter-switches.html

If the source (dvdp/bdp) has 5.1/7.1 analogues out,and if philips has stereo line in sockets + your denon has 5.1/7.1 analogue in sockets then there is another option.

Connect front speaker out of dvd player to philips and connect polk speakers to philips.
Connect the the rest of the speaker out terminals of the source to respective terminals on AVR.
I am sorry but I dont know the back panel of the said Denon model.

May I know why are you so particular for connecting the tsi 400 to philips and not the Denon?

bcoZ it has more power
denon 1312 have 75 x per ch while philips have 120 w x 2ch
I am planinng to buy new avr and already owned a philips fw785 stereo
system so want to use existing system with new avr
and another option will be to go for 1912 and use bi amp for
tsi 400 for proper power

In that case you are probably misguided. Use Denon rather than philips to drive the tsi 400 even though power of philips seems to be more on paper. You will get better sound with lesser hassles.
For your room size, 75w RMS Will prove more than enough. Dont go by figures. For my room of 16X12, I dont use more than 30% of my 45w rms stereo amp power.
Even if the RMS Rating of your speakers is more than 75w(say 200w RMS) it does not mean it needs that power. It just tells you that it can handle that much power if needed. If you feed more than rated power you are likely to damage speakers.

However You can drive them with even a 35w amp. Just take care that you dont push amp to the limits otherwise you will get distorted sound.

Just out of interest, find out THD Level at rated power. Most probably it will be less than 0.1% at 75w for denon while it will be 10% at 120w rms for philips(many philips amp have there power rated at that high distortion level). So philips may provide more power that may not be a clean power.
In my opinion, denon will give cleaner sound than philips at equal volume levels.

i have been trying things like this with my sony mhc rv8 to get better sound but after couple of weeks of listening i got frustrated . Its not easy to balance/control all the speakers to required levels with this type of setup plus it requires lot of wiring which looks ugly and may create humming. It may work for a particular type of music and room setup. I think in a 5.1 system it is necessary to have right amount of power in speakers to get the 3D effect. My suggestion is to use single avr/amplifier which can power all the speakers/channels.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back