Vinay's DVD/Blueray/CD Rack For Free

Bugme,

If several member's participate in this free offer then the good pick of a member for the rack will be decided fairly by forum members and not by you, me or Venkatcr. Please see if you can give me more better idea to get this offer moving in a faster and better way.

There is nothing wrong with the title of my thread because truly my name is Vinay. If this free offer would have been for a casual, spoilt or less expensive item then i would have not used my name in the title but since i am giving away a unique and expensive item for free so i feel it is surely worth putting my name in the title.

V

Good pick! It could not have a better person than Spiro himself, and only if he and the OP agree to this!

But the OP won't do this, as he clearly stated that he wanted to create buzz and grab as much as attention possible by way of this thread. The thread's title itself speaks it all "Vinay's DVD rack."

Spirovious,

It is nice to read about your good honesty.

V

Thanks Venkat for suggesting my name,but I have hardly any space left for a rack.Thats why I couldn't buy Towers for my set up.Let other member be Lucky to get it.:)

Vinay,

Just for reference, nothing to highlight :::: When you are making an gift with right hand the left hand should not know what it has been given ( as well as taken):cool:

1) I have given to Venkateshsmart - Freely my Projector worth 48,000 which i am using earlier..
2) I have given my 100+ audio cd's( all Oringinal European pressing ) to Santhosh which is worth 340GBP
3) I have got AV Rack from Mohammed Nasser here. ( worth 15K)
4) I have received 10 PS3 games from Teky worth 15K.
5) I have given my earlier AV rack worth 20K free to chennai members.

Regards

Venkatcr,

The objective of the thread is very clear that i want to give my rack for free based on participation by members.

It will definitely help the winning member for getting a lovely gift in form of a rack and then there is the additional spreading of awareness to consider in giving for free or donate when the opportunity permits us.

The objective of this thread will hopefully meet it's purpose based on thumping victory of 2 earlier such threads of which the link is as follows.

http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/9649-vinays-dvd-player-sale-contribution-hfv.html

http://www.hifivision.com/movies/5812-free-8-dvds.html

I remember you had participated in these threads and you had won 16 DVDs + you also had bid for my DVD Player. I hope you will participate this time too for the rack.

Thanks

I completely fail to understand the objective of this thread. It does not seem to be helping anyone.

Cheers

Santy - Hemant,

When you guys had recently come at my place you'll had inquired about my rack and i had said that soon i will have it for sale by the bid route at forum and you'll can bid over there, it was because of this i assumed that you'll have interest.

Thanks for clarification that you'll do not have interest in the rack.

V

Sorry I DO NOT have any interest , or I never remember saying so ....yes it is good rack ,that's what I said

Santhosh,

About the lottery it was just a casual example.

However my original ideas was that once the member's have finished participating in the offer then fellow member's will vote for the participants and which ever participant gets the highest vote shall win the rack.

It is needless to say that i am open to ideas as long as it is fully transparent with no scope of being biased etc.

V

Idea of lottery sounds like fun Vinay. I would like to participate.

Please share more info on how the lottery will decide the winner :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received a free projector screen from Kapvin - without much hulla bulla. Also when I bought a Apple airport express from Jaibir he casually gave me a lepai T amp and one DIY able with good connectors ...that to without asking it!

Also santosh offered me his movie collection , infact I bugged him at 7 am in mrning at we met like old buddies!

These are just FEW examples and I know that persons mentioned may not like there name mentioned but I feel that people should know there is much generosity exists everywhere of HFV.

Sri,

It is nice to read the give and take which has happened around you. Thanks for sharing the details.

I too have given many a times money, articles, my time, etc to people around me once i know that the need is a must for them and in many a cases even my own brother does not know about my these gestures. However i do not hesitate to let other's know for what good i am doing especially when it comes to a forum because this is a great place to share in open your noble doings among the vast community of members.

Regards

V

Vinay,

Just for reference, nothing to highlight :::: When you are making an gift with right hand the left hand should not know what it has been given ( as well as taken):cool:

1) I have given to Venkateshsmart - Freely my Projector worth 48,000 which i am using earlier..
2) I have given my 100+ audio cd's( all Oringinal European pressing ) to Santhosh which is worth 340GBP
3) I have got AV Rack from Mohammed Nasser here. ( worth 15K)
4) I have received 10 PS3 games from Teky worth 15K.
5) I have given my earlier AV rack worth 20K free to chennai members.

Regards

This thread has helped me in one account.

It has revealed how much of the generous free gift transactions are going on behind the scenes and the members involved.

Probably we should start a thread "I thank thee for..." just of that purpose.

Thanks for the idea vinay. ;)

Bugme,

About i creating a separate thread for the item which i am offering free, why is it again and again so much of a issue to you, i just do not understand especially when the moderator does not have a issue. On so many topics there are similar threads on this forum is that fine with you? While i can not create a separate thread for my expensive give aways, is this too much i ask for?

Please tell me why is it not noble when i am giving a expensive thing for free and from where does this India, thing come from?

If someone does not publicize, why does it mean that i also should not publicize, i will decide for myself, right?

By the way what makes you thing that i have received gifts from forum members and even if i have received something i would have promptly given them a equivalent return gift sooner then later.

On this forum there are several forum member's who have donated and it shows in their handle so you would go and tell them to hide their donor member status? The point is what's so ugly about letting others know what you are doing.

I think you are getting very nasty when you write that i should open my eyes and ears.

V.

a) There is already one such AV giveaway thread, so I don't think there is any need for such herculean efforts to publicize this. I am sure everyone will agree that this isnt about any noble cause or to change India and you are not going to create any awareness other than you gave the AV rack.

b) Did not you receive any such gift from our forum members ever? Maybe, those who donated did not publicize what they did like you, but for sure many have. Open your eyes and ears, you will have plenty of numbers.

Last edited:
Sri,

It is nice my time,

V

TIME????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Then yes many times I gave my time to others and I hope the interaction is happy. and I am not counting as OTHER PERSON is giving HIS time so there should be MUTUALLY REWARDING exchangeright??

Even when someone is writing any useful post he is giving his time..

I must be grateful to those senior members who gave their time in very casually ,like friend ,who include a media industrialist , senior surgeon ,ex senior army man , ( and hour long calls by another serving army man) ,many senior persons in Industry and I am sure noone counted how much TIME we spent.
the TIME was passed like this Floyd song

The time is gone,
the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.

This thread has helped me in one account.

It has revealed how much of the generous free gift transactions are going on behind the scenes and the members involved.
)

Add to that parties and BOOZE too!!

I am happy recipient of booze from many members and happy to say that in fewmoments when I had chance ( read - wife at her parents and friends in at right time) I shared whatever ine booze available with me which inclues Glenfiddich,Chivas, Black Label,Jack , Smirnoff etc etc ...( need to do stock take again and find who s coming from abroad:cheers::cheers:

I think Vinay, you are completely missing the point. Last time when you gave away the DVDs, it was a good experience for all of us. You listed a set of DVDs available, asked who all are interested, and gave it away on your own accord and even bore the courier charges. That was done very well. I was also a happy recipient.

Unfortunately, here, you are starting something different that is, frankly, confusing all of us, and leaving a bad taste in our mouths. You have a single item to give away. All you have to do is ask who is interested, and give it away to one person of your choice. That is all that needs to be done.

If you remember, a number of people have given away their stuff (some even more expensive than your rack) by asking the person to contribute a fixed amount to HFV. There so many simple and elegant ways of doing this.

Cheers

He is just irking to put you more into free:lol:

Sri,

Really?

V
Ofcourse not guys, it pains me to see so much heat on a thread like this. Especially where close friends are divided in opinions and are on opposite sides of the fence.

I understand where Srini is coming from as it is a culture/belief (for some and I subscribe to the view) that any donation should not publicised. I also understand Vinay's point of view that this will encourage others to give away. I can only think what I would do in this situation, don't want to influence other's actions.

I appreciate Vinay's gesture to give away something instead of selling it.

I expressed interest to participate because Vinay mentioned in a recent post that the winner can contribute some money to Charity which is still in line with my second post on this thread :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back