Vinay's DVD/Blueray/CD Rack For Free

About handing over the rack just like this only to Spiro. Thanks but no thanks for the idea. Please consider to help me with more better idea as you have helped me earlier too.

V

Spiro is the smart one here. We also appreciate his 'Honesty' :lol:

Vinay,

Just for reference, nothing to highlight :::: When you are making an gift with right hand the left hand should not know what it has been given ( as well as taken):cool:

1) I have given to Venkateshsmart - Freely my Projector worth 48,000 which i am using earlier..
2) I have given my 100+ audio cd's( all Oringinal European pressing ) to Santhosh which is worth 340GBP
3) I have got AV Rack from Mohammed Nasser here. ( worth 15K)
4) I have received 10 PS3 games from Teky worth 15K.
5) I have given my earlier AV rack worth 20K free to chennai members.

Regards

Thats why you are a well respected & loved FM. Keep up the 'Good' Work that you are doing :p

a) There is already one such AV giveaway thread, so I don't think there is any need for such herculean efforts to publicize this. I am sure everyone will agree that this isnt about any noble cause or to change India and you are not going to create any awareness other than you gave the AV rack. I appreciate your donating this to a forum and other members will do if they wish, and of course there is administrator. It is as simple as giving something you don't use it to someone who can use it - giving it FREE, etc. depends on one's mindset and affordability.

Open your eyes and ears, you will have plenty of numbers.
You are on the right track buddy, may you go from strength to strength :clapping:

I received a free projector screen from Kapvin - without much hulla bulla. Also when I bought a Apple airport express from Jaibir he casually gave me a lepai T amp and one DIY able with good connectors ...that to without asking it!

Also santosh offered me his movie collection , infact I bugged him at 7 am in mrning at we met like old buddies!

These are just FEW examples and I know that persons mentioned may not like there name mentioned but I feel that people should know there is much generosity exists everywhere of HFV.
Hemant, if we start to write on all this 'Give & Take' biz we will end up starting new threads almost every single day, as the number of such 'transactions' are far too many :eek:hyeah::licklips:;)

This thread has helped me in one account.

It has revealed how much of the generous free gift transactions are going on behind the scenes and the members involved.

Probably we should start a thread "I thank thee for..." just of that purpose.

Thanks for the idea vinay. ;)

Wait & watch, more will follow in these 'illustrious' foot steps :cool:

it pains me to see so much heat on a thread like this. Especially where close friends are divided in opinions and are on opposite sides of the fence.

I was wondering that too.
Is giving something free wrong or something?
Or, are you guys just pulling his leg? ;)

Venkat : You took the DVDs and still pulling his legs? :D You dint like the movies?? :D

Last edited:
Venkatcr,

Thanks for writing.

I have offered the rack with a good proposal but it seems others do not agree etc so i have no choice but to pull out.

In view to this i am going to request the moderator in a day or two to delete this thread.

I still extensively wish there was a way out which is similar to my proposal.

Regards

V

I think Vinay, you are completely missing the point. Last time when you gave away the DVDs, it was a good experience for all of us. You listed a set of DVDs available, asked who all are interested, and gave it away on your own accord and even bore the courier charges. That was done very well. I was also a happy recipient.

Unfortunately, here, you are starting something different that is, frankly, confusing all of us, and leaving a bad taste in our mouths. You have a single item to give away. All you have to do is ask who is interested, and give it away to one person of your choice. That is all that needs to be done.

If you remember, a number of people have given away their stuff (some even more expensive than your rack) by asking the person to contribute a fixed amount to HFV. There so many simple and elegant ways of doing this.

Cheers

Hemant,

Why are those eyes sarcastic towards me. Did i do something wrong to you?

Regards

V

I never CALCULATE time and it's VALUE which I spend with people I like ,that's why ? Nor money spend while treating others ,Of course my treatment is sync with my fiances but I do not like to make big fuss about it .Or making fuss about people who are not able to give company due to personal issues

I maybe wrong but that is my viewpoint

====

About giving time ......

Rick Blaine ( Bougart) says in Casablanca: Yes, I found that a very expensive hobby. But then I never was much of a businessman.

Ok Vinay.. Here you go..

I did not participate because I can fill only one row of the rack. Probably half.. :D All my collection as of date are in HDD.
So naturally thought it should find someone who can make better use of.

But now.. Iam in.. :) I can fill it later if I win.. Life is long enough..

Edit: I already hinted the amount of DVDs I posses.. That will help voting to more deserving people easier..
Participation is important than winning. ;)

Last edited:
Add to that parties and BOOZE too!!

I am happy recipient of booze from many members and happy to say that in fewmoments when I had chance ( read - wife at her parents and friends in at right time) I shared whatever ine booze available with me which inclues Glenfiddich,Chivas, Black Label,Jack , Smirnoff etc etc ...( need to do stock take again and find who s coming from abroad:cheers::cheers:

Hemant, this song puts it all into perspective

That's What Friends Are For - Dionne Warwick & Friends HQ - YouTube

this is very true that a serious thing one can donate to a forum is the knowledge sharing than anything else!

How true.. We can also seriously share our mistakes in the proces so that others don't repeat the same. Irrelevant to the thread though.

If the idea is abandoned, then its mission accomplished, in a much better way than initially planned. ie, without losing anything. :D;)

So I suggest that this is allowed to pass through such difficult times of 'negative publicity', as it seems now, till someone gets this in his hand. :cool:

Santy,

So you are saying that in actual i never wanted to give the rack therefore my mission is accomplished.

Please be guided that you have no right to accuse me knowingly well that i stick to my commitment when i gave away my DVDs worth 1 Lac and the DVD player worth Rs29,000/- for free. In view to this proven track record , i am asking you what makes you think that i never wanted to give away the rack? It's a shame Santy, did not expect this from you.

It is in actual a negative publicity for no reason at all, the reasons of which i have written in several posts on this thread.

I have already said that i am still very much interested to give the rack but the way things are going and no where coming to a point where i can do the needful, so what should i do wait endlessly for a solution?

V

If the idea is abandoned, then its mission accomplished, in a much better way than initially planned. ie, without losing anything. :D;)

So I suggest that this is allowed to pass through such difficult times of 'negative publicity', as it seems now, till someone gets this in his hand. :cool:

You got me wrong vinay. I know you will give it away for sure. But if its called off, even then its 'mission accomplished', that's what I meant.

To upkeep your track record, you must not withdraw at this point, that's also what I said.

According to me, the only objective of Donation is self satisfaction. If there is any other expectation out of it, then its known as Investment.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

Hemant,

I too fully agree with your view over time and it's value no wonder on our 2 meets, see the number of hours we have spent together. I have visited forum member's houses and there too we have spent hours together over discussion of audio and video laced with general matters.

About the fuss part i have already said sorry and had explained under which circumstances the situation arose. If i was fussy, then i would have not openly said that if Denom, does not want to meet me, i will come over to meet him, i am still waiting to hear from him.

V

I never CALCULATE time and it's VALUE which I spend with people I like ,that's why ? Nor money spend while treating others ,Of course my treatment is sync with my fiances but I do not like to make big fuss about it .Or making fuss about people who are not able to give company due to personal issues

I maybe wrong but that is my viewpoint

About giving time ......

Dear Fellow Members,

I have a new proposal to give away the rack.

I will request 50 member's who are having over 200 posts to their account to choose any one member's name to whom the rack should go for free. The member who gets the highest vote shall be the winner of rack.

The only condition is that the winning member should have at least 200 posts to his account and has made good contribution to the forum in terms of sharing his knowledge etc with fellow members.

V

Bugme,

If this free give away does not bring more awareness or nobleness in general, then we do have a difference of opinion so we have no choice but to let it rest at that.

About Donor member's esteem etc from where does this come from. I have written something else altogether and look at what you are replying. Please read again my post # 69.

V

No one is against donating or giving away or even publicizing it, but your claiming this act to make awareness and set as an examples for others do not seem to make sense, at least to me!

Giving away AV stuff, CD, cables, etc. and calling that as a noble thing do not seem to make sense at all, at least to me. Indeed, it is a good gesture, maybe only few can do. However, it is far from the term "noble."

Having a "donor member" status can increase your esteem, etc., but that is just the way you feel, and you cannot insist others to look upon those having the title! It is not going to change anything here, as the subject matter here is about exchanging AV knowledge.

I do not have anything to gain or lose to be "nasty" here. Again, I would attribute much of it to your perception towards other's posts.

Simply put, give away things for free, etc., and we certainly appreciate it, but claiming that it is noble and it would set an example, etc. are wish-wash.

Cheers!

Bugme,

It is very true that sharing of knowledge by itself is greater then donation in form of money and related. Therefore many of us are doing exactly this, sharing the knowledge for what we know.

V

I am not taking sides, nor do I know Hemant! But this is very true that a serious thing one can donate to a forum is the knowledge sharing than anything else!

Vinay,
I think this sounds like a good option. Voting could be done via a poll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santhosh,

I am very happy that you seem to like this idea of poll.

I hope others too will like so that we can begin the process. Please give a start by polling Santhosh.

Thank you so much.

V

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back