Vinyl I am listening to...

Hi Anilkumar,

Dont compare was not a part of the the How to Name it LP, it was later added in the CD version, however I think the track was added as a bonus track in one of Ramarajan's film LP. However the recording was top notch, the sleeve mentions Emmy as the sound engineer, recorded at Prasad - the Temple where IR made all his albums.

The other two LPs of MSV and TK Ramamurthy has also been recorded very well in Stereo. Unforunately MSV did not record his film albums in Stereo until the film Pokiri Raja- which I believe is his first Stereo Recording in Tamil.

Paul Mauriat had invited IR to a Concert in Hongkong, and also had him introduced to the audience. I remember vaguely reading somewhere that in the flight to HK the Pilot invited IR to the Cockpit and had him there when it landed.

N.Murali

Dear Murali Sir,

Thanks for taking the IR story forward.
Yes. " Don't compare" is in CD only. I got the Track list copy pasted :)

Regards,
Anil.

Few gems from Illayaraaja- musically blessed soul.

Kadal Oviyam 1982 - A magic called music......

ow2p.jpg

songs I repeat: Nathiyil Aadum-S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki, Deepan Chakravarthy
Poovil Vandu S. P. Balasubrahmanyam
Sangeetha Jathimullai S. P. Balasubrahmanyam
Kuyilae Kuyilae S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki

Eeramana Rojave 1990 - Light music redefined...in perfect IR style....

ectp.jpg

Songs I repeat:
Adho Mega Oorvalam - Mano Sunandha
Kalakalakum Maniosai -Mano, Janaki
Thendral Kaatre -Yesudas, Janaki
Vaa Vaa Anbe -Yesudas, Janaki

Thendale Ennai Thodu 1985 - A reference for Melody.
Nice recording ... Honey for the ears....

un6f.jpg

Songs I repeat:
Thendral Vanthu - K.J. Jesudas and Janaki
Kanmani Nee Vara - K.J. Yesudas, Uma Ramanan

Sadma - Come music- mere Gale Lagaa 1983
kj1y.jpg

Aye Zindagi Gale Lagaa Le - Suresh Wadkar
Surmayee Ankhiyon Mein - Yesudas

Last edited:
Listening to some prog music...Lights off, can only see the strobe light on my TT and the green light on my amp. Sounds like heaven in this atmosphere!

Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet

Om - Advaitic Songs

Opeth - Damnation

Few gems from Illayaraaja- musically blessed soul.

Kadal Oviyam 1982 - A magic called music......

ow2p.jpg

songs I repeat: Nathiyil Aadum-S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki, Deepan Chakravarthy
Poovil Vandu S. P. Balasubrahmanyam
Sangeetha Jathimullai S. P. Balasubrahmanyam
Kuyilae Kuyilae S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki

Eeramana Rojave 1990 - Light music redefined...in perfect IR style....

ectp.jpg

Songs I repeat:
Adho Mega Oorvalam - Mano Sunandha
Kalakalakum Maniosai -Mano, Janaki
Thendral Kaatre -Yesudas, Janaki
Vaa Vaa Anbe -Yesudas, Janaki

Thendale Ennai Thodu 1985 - A reference for Melody.
Nice recording ... Honey for the ears....

un6f.jpg

Songs I repeat:
Thendral Vanthu - K.J. Jesudas and Janaki
Kanmani Nee Vara - K.J. Yesudas, Uma Ramanan

Sadma - Come music- mere Gale Lagaa 1983
kj1y.jpg

Aye Zindagi Gale Lagaa Le - Suresh Wadkar
Surmayee Ankhiyon Mein - Yesudas

Hi Anil Kumar,

Thendralae Ennai Thodu & Sadma,

Must have for all IR fans and the recordings are of Audiophile quality.

N.Murali

Listening to some prog music...Lights off, can only see the strobe light on my TT and the green light on my amp. Sounds like heaven in this atmosphere!

Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet

One of my favorite groups... have all of their albums.

Interesting to hear them on vinyl... don't typically associate vinyl with progressive rock or metal acts.

One of my favorite groups... have all of their albums.

Interesting to hear them on vinyl... don't typically associate vinyl with progressive rock or metal acts.

Well everyone has their own interest :) The bulk of my collection on vinyl is metal and progressive music. Do you own all Porcupine Tree albums on vinyl? :eek:

Having Porcupine tree !! Thou Art Lucky!!

Fear of a Blank Planet is not the rarest PT album today. It is still available on vinyl at online stores if you're interested :

https://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/product/93/637/

Last edited:
The new Steven Wilson album is great, and can be bought on vinyl at Flipkart too if interested. The only PT album I own on vinyl is The Incident. Not a huge fan, but nice to have some of their stuff in my collection. Their show in Mumbai a few years ago was insanely good!

Recently been spinning the following recent acquisitions:
1) Shpongle - Museums of Consciousness (got one of the coolest album covers)
2) Paul Simon - So Beautiful or So what
3) Bill Callahan - Dream River
4) Mazzy Star - Seasons of You
5) Kitchens of Distinction - Folly
6) Manic Street Preachers - Rewind the Film
7) NIN - Hesitation Marks
8) Stone Temple Pilots- Purple (on purple colour vinyl)
9)Superchunk - I Hate Music (deluxe limited edition)
19) Butthole Surfers - Hairway To Steven (original EU press)

Plenty more on the way! Running out of storage space very quickly, and loving every minute of it!

The new Steven Wilson album is great, and can be bought on vinyl at Flipkart too if interested. The only PT album I own on vinyl is The Incident. Not a huge fan, but nice to have some of their stuff in my collection. Their show in Mumbai a few years ago was insanely good!

Recently been spinning the following recent acquisitions:
1) Shpongle - Museums of Consciousness (got one of the coolest album covers)
2) Paul Simon - So Beautiful or So what
3) Bill Callahan - Dream River
4) Mazzy Star - Seasons of You
5) Kitchens of Distinction - Folly
6) Manic Street Preachers - Rewind the Film
7) NIN - Hesitation Marks
8) Stone Temple Pilots- Purple (on purple colour vinyl)
9)Superchunk - I Hate Music (deluxe limited edition)
19) Butthole Surfers - Hairway To Steven (original EU press)

Plenty more on the way! Running out of storage space very quickly, and loving every minute of it!

Man you are lucky!! I remember how much i regretted when they finished their show at Mood Indigo..and I realised I'd missed it.. I had my final exams back then :mad: It was 2009 if i remember correctly! He needs to come back here!!

Btw i got The Raven that Refused to sing on my birthday early this year as a gift. My friends pre-ordered it since it was scheduled to release on my birthday and luckily enough..Burningshed made sure that i received it on that day itself! Best gift ever :D

Yesterday listen was "Dancing on the ceeling" by Lionel Richie.. Bulgarian pressing.. Stunning sound quality... Nice to hear the track 'Say you.. say me'
Sourced as an unused from a scrap seller for Rs.10 in 2009 along with few other records.

Attachments

• IMAG0233-1.jpg
    IMAG0233-1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 66
Man you are lucky!! I remember how much i regretted when they finished their show at Mood Indigo..and I realised I'd missed it.. I had my final exams back then :mad: It was 2009 if i remember correctly! He needs to come back here!!

Btw i got The Raven that Refused to sing on my birthday early this year as a gift. My friends pre-ordered it since it was scheduled to release on my birthday and luckily enough..Burningshed made sure that i received it on that day itself! Best gift ever :D

Yeah I remember that Mood Indigo show was really special. I had actually never heard any of PT's music before the gig, but my friend was a big fan and wanted me to come along. I remember the sound was some of the best live sound I had heard, and i've been to 100's of concerts around the world. It was really jaw droppingly good. Since then I have been listening to their stuff. Incident is also pretty good, but Raven is some of the best stuff i've heard from SW. Sounds great on vinyl too.

Yesterday listen was "Dancing on the ceeling" by Lionel Richie..
Sourced as an unused from a scrap seller for Rs.10 in 2009 along with few other records.

Where this scrap seller was sitting? I mean the town & locality..

I would love to cast my net there...

Where this scrap seller was sitting? I mean the town & locality..

I would love to cast my net there...

That time LPs were available at that price here too, In 2006 when i shifted to new house, i gave away 300 + LPs with non working TT to my neighbor for free. That time i did not realized that my newly purchased digital A/V set up will not give the same joy and satisfaction.:sad:

SUMMER MEMORIES SUPER SOUND - PAUL MAURIAT
rprf.jpg

A1 The Godfather
A2 I Don't Know How To Love Him
A3 La Decadanse
A4 Butterfly
A5 Comme Au Soleil
A6 Day By Day
B1 A Summer Place
B2 The Summer Knows (From Summer Of '42)
B3 Mother Of Mine
B4 I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
B5 Summer Memories
B6 Ebb Tide

That time LPs were available at that price here too, In 2006 when i shifted to new house, i gave away 300 + LPs with non working TT to my neighbor for free. That time i did not realized that my newly purchased digital A/V set up will not give the same joy and satisfaction.:sad:

Hi shafi,

You have sinned.

N.Murali

rprf.jpg

A1 The Godfather
A3 La Decadanse
A4 Butterfly
A5 Comme Au Soleil
A6 Day By Day
B1 A Summer Place
B3 Mother Of Mine
B5 Summer Memories
B6 Ebb Tide

Hi Anilkumar,

Do you have Paul Mauriat's Classics in the Air LPs?
Though I have it in CD, would love to listen to them on Vinyl one day.

N.Murali

rprf.jpg

A1 The Godfather
A3 La Decadanse
A4 Butterfly
A5 Comme Au Soleil
A6 Day By Day
B1 A Summer Place
B3 Mother Of Mine
B5 Summer Memories
B6 Ebb Tide

@Anil: one of my favorite album. But unfortunately all my Indian pressing Paul Mauriat records either on Phillips or Fontana labels are having lots of surface noise even in fresh condition. What's your experience? What pressings do you have?

Bhaskar

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back