Vinyl I am listening to...

Hi Everybody,

I just got the Vinyl Record - Colonial Cousins Unplugged and please find my comments on the record

The vinyl was created from the original master tape from Sony ( it is not a release of sony, but a collaboration from sony and 2 awesome gentlemens - please ping me if you need their contacts)

The sounds are just awesome - the warmth-ness of Hariharan's voice, the pitch of Lesle's are beautifully captured in this record. I am not a great fan of Mastering , but - in this case mastering has been done so good, i couldn't find flaws. ( Note - i am not a fan of bright sounds, i just love the Mids and Vocals, so my taste dovetails very well )

The gents who did this record has done a fantabulous job in creating the album art - and the Vinyl is in Purple Color.

Overall, a great album if you like Colonial Cousins and in to Analog Audio !

Cheers
K

P.S - Sony does not market this Vinyl, and i got it from the gentleman who created this vinyl. If you want to get your copy, please message me, i can help you in getting in touch with the creators of this Gem !
Hey @rcathik
I read your posts quite late but did ordered the Colonial Cousins LP as well as their newly released Black Friday by Indian Ocean.
I must say - awesome mastering, brilliant & detailed artwork, even on the vinyl sleeves.

Here are some pictures
03C5E7E6-F85A-4B27-BEF4-1A41A43FD5DE.jpeg28DEB2BC-E801-4430-93FA-D4E9949D1229.jpeg5677A649-F3A6-43AB-A32D-BC28BB8B6277.jpeg289B3B6C-0B26-484F-8135-1C189D66C87D.jpeg2AB190F7-9411-4D43-979B-F5FE529C9551.jpegC4DD08AE-3340-4533-B083-9D4179942E0D.jpeg75CD1F70-CC22-41F6-88C9-C88B9CD6FDB3.jpeg

As far as I know, there are no background music on LPs by Ilaiyaraja Sir. But Long back Chasing Music in a Film called Johny was included in the Johny/Priya LP. Similarly, there was a piece of theme music on EP for a film called Kazhugu.
Even Ninaivellam nithya LP had some bgm music ....

Also,
Music from Illayaraja (IR) LP "How to name it" is used in Balu Mahendra film veedu, as bgm.
Based on 1997 Malayalam film Guru's BGM, private album "Music Messiah"[cd release only] was composed by IR.

Dear Anil,

Thanks for the info for Guru BGM.

Dear Murali,

I think there is no BGM Separately given in the Ninaivellam Nithya LP. Only a bit song Ninaivellaam Nithyaa ..... Ninaivellaam Nithyaa... is there. Which was not included in any of the versions released later.

Love,
Senthil.

Dear Friends,

Please give me an info. Is 4K original blurays are played in AMD Motherboards. Is anyone watching through AMD Motherboards HDMI to 4K TV.

Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil.

Dear Anil,

Thanks for the info for Guru BGM.

Dear Murali,

I think there is no BGM Separately given in the Ninaivellam Nithya LP. Only a bit song Ninaivellaam Nithyaa ..... Ninaivellaam Nithyaa... is there. Which was not included in any of the versions released later.

Love,
Senthil.
Dear aventhusiast,
I think , you have a modified version/second release of "Ninaivellam Nithya" LP. The first ECHO release has a Instrumental piece in each side .(Last song on both sides)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back