Vinyl I am listening to...

Evergreen songs of Bollywood..

'Ke markebi kisiko yaad aayenge,
Kisike aasuo main muskurayenghe'

Good Night Stars GIF by Marianna

IMG-20211128-WA0315.jpgIMG-20211128-WA0316.jpg

Last edited:
Jean Luc Ponty - Enigmatic Ocean.

Jean-Luc Ponty – electric violin, five-string electric violin, violectra, bells; grand piano on "Nostalgic Lady"
Allan Holdsworth – lead electric guitar
Daryl Stuermer – lead & rhythm electric guitar
Allan Zavod – organ, synthesizer, electric piano, grand piano, Hohner clavinet
Ralphe Armstrong – electric basses, fretless bass
Steve Smith – drums and percussion

Producer: Jean-Luc Ponty

Attachments

• R-5703857-1511639433-6639.jpeg.jpg
    R-5703857-1511639433-6639.jpeg.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 6
Kitaro-Silk Road

The Silk Road: The Rise And Fall Of Civilizations is an NHK Tokushu documentary series that first aired on 7 April 1980, with sequels being broadcast over a 10-year period. It took a total of 17 years from conception to complete what many consider a landmark in Japan's broadcasting television history.

The intention of the program was to reveal how ancient Japan was influenced by the Silk Road trade route. The documentary was narrated by Ishizaka Koji with music composed by Kitaro, who insisted that the show be broadcast in stereo.

The music was composed mainly using a Minimoog, Minikorg 700, and Maxikorg DV800. The score received a Galaxy Award and the series of soundtracks sold millions of copies. The success created from the program brought Kitaro international attention.

Attachments

• R-14340511-1572556019-4839.jpeg.jpg
    R-14340511-1572556019-4839.jpeg.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Songs for Children is an excellent LP with very good songs. I need to dig out my copy, a bit worn due to ceramic cart tt of old!
On another note, was hearing B J Thomas 'Reunion'. This has that lovely song " (Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song". On of my favourites in mid 70's.

Inspired by FM Anil Kumar, I dug out my E=MC² record and listening to it made me wonder how ahead of his times, Giorgio Moroder really was. He was one of those visionary producers who shaped the Disco Genre, with stars like Donna Summer. Its not for nothing that he is known as the "Father of Disco"

Today's final spin: E=MC² by Giorgio Moroder (1979), Polydor India Pressing
Pressing quality: Really good sounding, great bass and beats as one would expect from a Disco record
Album Trivia: This album is considered to be the first electronic live-to-digital album. The album was co-produced by Harold Faltermeyer (many may not recognize the name, it was he who composed the famous Top Gun anthem based on the rock guitar instrumental genre)

View attachment 63858View attachment 63859
View attachment 63860View attachment 63861
His First album "Here to Eternity" is another master piece, absolutely love all his creations.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back