Vinyl I am listening to...

Hi. The above looks mint. I have a couple of copies of their 1973/74 pressing. One of them includes "Fernando" and the other does not. The recording ,to me, appears bright on OM 5e cart, but was superb on the old ceramic carts. Happy listening

Listened to Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac) "Bella Donna" . A nice 1981 pressing. Incidentally TOI carried a note about resurgence of vinyl, CDs and cassettes in today's Sunday Times.

Wow! It's a keeper, sir!
Will be worth a couple of more zeros very soon.
Please hold on to it.
Regards
Nopes , they won’t. Vinyl price inflation happens for older analog pressings from before 1980s and in few instances for special anniversary releases or limited edition box sets.
You can buy all these new records from Juno.co.uk

Nopes , they won’t. Vinyl price inflation happens for older analog pressings from before 1980s and in few instances for special anniversary releases or limited edition box sets.
You can buy all these new records from Juno.co.uk
Like something that clearly says Limited Edition?
Is that how Vinyl works?

Like something that clearly says Limited Edition?
Is that how Vinyl works?
They won’t say limited edition with a hype sticker .But if you keep tabs in the vinyl market , you know some reissues are going to be lapped up in a blink and become almost unobtainium.
For instance the Beatles mono boxset released in 2013-14 wasn’t a limited edition. It was priced around 200$ approx at that time. Today you won’t get it even for 10 times that price in mint condition.
Gilmour Live at Pompeii 4LP set was available even 2 months back on Amazon UK for 80£ . It’s now out of stock and will be priced thrice as much.

However maximum inflation occurs for older analog pressings from UK , Japan, Germany and US, especially if they are first or second pressings, alongwith audiophile label reissues. Even Indian pressings from the seventies & eighties fetch a good price today.
Anyway don’t wish to go OT on this.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back