vinyl storage / shelving racks

yes, completely agree with the above

I have a large teak cupboard with 4 shelves which are almost full now. My style of playing is that I take one record out of the cupboard, listen to it, put it back in the same place from where I took it out, then take out the next, play it and so on. Never have the habit of taking a bunch of them out at the same time. But I think the partition piece is important and I will end up having to get one made.

rajagopal - look forward to your pics. how much did it cost you to make that shelf ? PM me if you like.

Record rack placed between the bookshelves and under a window. The width is calculated to fit perfectly between the two bookshelves.

The height is calculated to be exactly in line with the window sill and the top of the rack goes all the way to touch the wall (remember wall skirting is 0.5 inch).
This lets me use the top of the rack and window sill as one long work table.

The records are inset by about an inch. There is still more space behind the records. This will let me add a door in the front if I want to in the future (Scalable design :D).

I made it along with a lot of other stuff, so material was purchased in bulk. I would put approx cost at 18k.

@ Raj - what material did you use for this shelf? MDF or ply?
Asking as LPs are surprisingly heavy and can test the best of racks!

I will most probably do a DIY. I have 2 queries:
1. What material I should use?
2. What are my finishing options? I want a smooth and clean finish (something like shown in pics provided by Hemant)

Rohit,
The rack is at the moment holding about 500 odd records, the total collection is a little less than 2000 records. Need to transport and sort the records. Should have the rack filled up by next month.

Material used is 19mm ply, with L-Clamps holding them up underneath. MDF, finger jointed/engineered wood will bend and will not be able to take the weight.

For finish, I have used standard laminate/mica, you can use veneer, OST, Acrylic paint. If you have a good guy who can polish it for you, you can stain and polish plywood as well. Depends on how much money and time you are willing to spend. I would suggest Mica as the most VFM option. For me I had to match it with the bookshelves.

finally...

i am going in for a 3 shelf simple four legged teak wood rack ( 26 wide x 18 deep by 23.75 height ).

will post photos once i set up.

this gives me the option of placing the rack on one side of the wall and leaving the space between the speakers vacant.

lets see... i hope to have enough length of speaker wire to do this.

regards

Vinyl storage folders for LP's & 45's

similar one for 45s, belonged to my late dad. a lot of the 45s on there were birthday gifts from mom to dad in the early 1970s.

fc2j.jpg

caog.jpg

9rwh.jpg

kwl3.jpg

9jx1.jpg

j8r0.jpg

1c8l.jpg

nma.JPG

qsic.jpg

c5r4.jpg

1lp1.jpg

eoy4.jpg

qon9.jpg

f4pm.jpg

loy5.jpg

snyi.jpg

29wb.jpg

0qof.jpg

0pme.jpg

sqcc.jpg

77ax.JPG

myb5.jpg

9wym.jpg

Record rack placed between the bookshelves and under a window. The width is calculated to fit perfectly between the two bookshelves.

The height is calculated to be exactly in line with the window sill and the top of the rack goes all the way to touch the wall (remember wall skirting is 0.5 inch).

The records are inset by about an inch. There is still more space behind the records. This will let me add a door in the front if I want to in the future (Scalable design :D).

I made it along with a lot of other stuff, so material was purchased in bulk. I would put approx cost at 18k.

Rohit,
The rack is at the moment holding about 500 odd records, the total collection is a little less than 2000 records. Need to transport and sort the records. Should have the rack filled up by next month.

Material used is 19mm ply, with L-Clamps holding them up underneath. MDF, finger jointed/engineered wood will bend and will not be able to take the weight.

For finish, I have used standard laminate/mica, you can use veneer, OST, Acrylic paint. If you have a good guy who can polish it for you, you can stain and polish plywood as well. Depends on how much money and time you are willing to spend. I would suggest Mica as the most VFM option. For me I had to match it with the bookshelves.

My eyes followed the right thing - the Single Malt........!

Rohit,

Thanks for the detailed write-up & pics. I am getting an idea how to plan mine, search for a good carpenter is on...

finally - here is my LP storage solution :)

The CD's have lots of space below this.

Much thanks to my folks for accomodating my fancies..:clapping:

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know if this is the right thread, but i am looking for a hifi system rack ,on which i can place my turntable and amplifier etc.

Does anyone have any pics of their setup or any idea where i can purchase one from?

Thanks.

i dont know if this is the right thread, but i am looking for a hifi system rack ,on which i can place my turntable and amplifier etc.

Does anyone have any pics of their setup or any idea where i can purchase one from?

Thanks.
Yes, not quite the right thread. A new thread in "audio video essentials --> accessories" would have been better.

Go through the Showcase your av section in community centre. You'll find loads of ideas there.

finally - here is my LP storage solution :)

The CD's have lots of space below this.

Much thanks to my folks for accomodating my fancies..:clapping:

regards
Please share pics.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back