Vinyl stuck in Customs

Hello Chief,
Packages through Royal Mail arrive even though they may be very late sometimes. I once received a package 5 months from the date of shipping and a few times in the vicinity of one month time.

And at other times have received packages in 6 days time (in all cases, sent through royal mail). I don't think you should press alarm bells yet.

If you have paid through PayPal, you get a 6 month protection and you can claim refund in the 3rd, 4th or 5th month and upto 6 months. If I were in n your place, I would just update the seller that I am awaiting receipt of the records. Hope it helps.
If it's any consolation to you, my order from Juno, despatched in September has still not arrived. I presume it's going to be a long wait. :-(

Never EVER order any product via a delivery service that links with EMS in India, there is a roughly 30% (optimistic) chance of you ever seeing it...and/or be prepared for a long time to arrive, duty + no guarantee on condition..!!
Consider yourself lucky and blessed if you were spared above..

I ordered vinyl from blue note records. Delivery time was 14 days after reaching Bangalore. I had to pay 1800 as custom duty :(

May i know how many records did you order and what was the shipping cost?

Thankjs
Ordered 2 records costing 25 dollars each and shipping cost was around 25 dollars. Overall it’s better to order from Discogs German sellers. No issues with customs at all.

No. USPS and then India post. India post did open the package but they have repacked well.
I got mine through Sing post and then through India post, one of the package had exterior damaged but Lp's where in good condition.

Never EVER order any product via a delivery service that links with EMS in India, there is a roughly 30% (optimistic) chance of you ever seeing it...and/or be prepared for a long time to arrive, duty + no guarantee on condition..!!
Consider yourself lucky and blessed if you were spared above..
Sorry to hear that. But my experience with India Post registered as well EMS service has been pretty solid over the last 13-14 years. You have to pay the duty and sometimes need to visit the Sant Cruz airport office with docs. Otherwise, EMS is pretty smooth. Honestly, USPS is the worst.

Sorry to hear that. But my experience with India Post registered as well EMS service has been pretty solid over the last 13-14 years. You have to pay the duty and sometimes need to visit the Sant Cruz airport office with docs. Otherwise, EMS is pretty smooth. Honestly, USPS is the worst.
Bangalore customs are the worst. 2-3 months wait and heavy duty charged(70-80%). I haven't ordered anythimg for the past one and a half years.

Bangalore customs are the worst. 2-3 months wait and heavy duty charged(70-80%). I haven't ordered anythimg for the past one and a half years.
Lesson learnt ! I dont think I will be ordering anything from overseas ever , after this . Will wait for a few days and cancel the Juno order. Doesnt make any sense to wait for 2-3 months over 2-3 LPs , might as well buy locally at an extra cost.

Lesson learnt ! I dont think I will be ordering anything from overseas ever , after this . Will wait for a few days and cancel the Juno order. Doesnt make any sense to wait for 2-3 months over 2-3 LPs , might as well buy locally at an extra cost.
Definitely not worth the stress:confused:

70-80%. That's strange. The final duty comes to around 40%. Basic custom duty of 10% + 28% GST. And then some charges. Comes to 40% through India Post. FedEx DhL have their own extra charges. But 70-80% sound crazy.

Back