Volumio player + Allo Sparky

Experience there is also much worse than the native Volumio app on Android. Also, id addressed the specific query on myvolumio integration for Tidal

I have been actually using bubbleupnp for tidal for ages now. Its working fine with occasional glitches just a little slow to stream. Never used myvolumio. Hated volumio interface from start.

I have been actually using bubbleupnp for tidal for ages now. Its working fine with occasional glitches just a little slow to stream. Never used myvolumio. Hated volumio interface from start.
I tried bubbleupnp and compared it to directly connecting my pc via usb. I preferred the latter. Also hires files and mqa are better handled via usb. If one can introduce mqa decoding either using software on the pc or using an mqa enabled dac, the sound improves significantly.

I tried bubbleupnp and compared it to directly connecting my pc via usb. I preferred the latter. Also hires files and mqa are better handled via usb. If one can introduce mqa decoding either using software on the pc or using an mqa enabled dac, the sound improves significantly.

Yes you are right. If you are using pc, try also using audirvana, its tidal integration is excellent. i am a non believer in mqa.

Try the mconnect HD mobile app paid one for Tidal and I think it works even for MQA tracks as well.
I tried the trial version of this app today for streaming Tidal. Very promising, with better search capability when compared to the bubbleupnp app I have been using with Tidal plugin through Volumio OS on Allo USBridge. Thanks for the tip.

Anyone tried dual power supply with Allo+USB bridge
Or With Allo + Kali + Piano 2.1?
There's a jumper adjustment that needs to be done, I'm not finding a Correct guide.

Have you found a remarkable improvement in SQ with custom LPSU or with Shanti LPSU?

There's a jumper adjustment that needs to be done, I'm not finding a Correct guide.

Have you found a remarkable improvement in SQ with custom LPSU or with Shanti LPSU?
I used the USBridge in that fashion only. I will post pic so that you can easily identify the jumper

You have to leave J28 jumper open on the USBridge board. Please remember it is the one on the USBridge board (the bottom one to which you connect the DAC) and not the SParky Board (the top one with the ethernet and multiple USB ports)

USBridge-Manual 2.jpg

Power feed Methods for USBridge board:
1. Power feed through DC jack only (USBridge)
J28 to be open
Power adaptor rating : 5.2 V 3A ,+/- 5%

2. Power feed through Micro-usb only on Sparky SBC
J28 to be closed
Power adaptor rating: 5.2 V 3A ,+/- 5%

3. Individual power feed to Sparky and USBridge separately.
J28 to be open

usbridge .jpg

I tried playing the same non mqa tidal file via pc/usb, mconnect to Volumio and mconnect to Chromecast - all connected to the same dac. The first option emerged as a clear winner.

You have to leave J28 jumper open on the USBridge board. Please remember it is the one on the USBridge board (the bottom one to which you connect the DAC) and not the SParky Board (the top one with the ethernet and multiple USB ports)

View attachment 45013

Power feed Methods for USBridge board:
1. Power feed through DC jack only (USBridge)
J28 to be open
Power adaptor rating : 5.2 V 3A ,+/- 5%

2. Power feed through Micro-usb only on Sparky SBC
J28 to be closed
Power adaptor rating: 5.2 V 3A ,+/- 5%

3. Individual power feed to Sparky and USBridge separately.
J28 to be open

View attachment 45014
Thanks a lot! Mine is currently with Kali and Piano 2.1; so I need to figure out how to connect dual psu to this.

Did you find any additional SQ advantages with 2 psu?
Any comparison with LPSU?

Thanks a lot! Mine is currently with Kali and Piano 2.1; so I need to figure out how to connect dual psu to this.

Did you find any additional SQ advantages with 2 psu?
Any comparison with LPSU?
Yes..most certainly. I have since upgraded to the Signature version

I tried playing the same non mqa tidal file via pc/usb, mconnect to Volumio and mconnect to Chromecast - all connected to the same dac. The first option emerged as a clear winner.

Chromecast is limited in bit rate when cast via mconnect compared to the Volumio to mconnect :)
In fact when you cast the MQA on Chromecast via mconnect it does play in high resolution but the Chromecast will downsample I guess as its limited to 48KHz.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back