VU TV and clouding issue

The new model is 60hz, check VUTV website.

I do not find any edge light belling or clouding as of now, can u point to any documents that says this is direct lit panel?

Motion blur is visible since this is 60hz, I think it was better in the earlier panel, but overall I'm happy that there is no clouding or back light bleeding.

It is given on VU TV website that 55K160GAU is a Direct Lit panel, check out the detailed technical specifications: Vu Play (55) 140 cm Full HD LED TV - Vu Televisions

O okay missed that. Overall, it is also smaller in dimensions due to thinner bezel and also is lighter in weight. They also changed the mounting brackets to smaller ones which needed to be reinstalled, my wall behind TV is all screwed up with now 3 mounting bracket installations being made on it. I guess I will buy a universal bracket next time before changing the TV.

thnks for reply. can u pls share ur exp of watching a movie? is motion blur evident in fast action scens? i was using a lg lcd earlier it was also 60hz bt i never noticed any ghosting or blur. will i notice on his one?
and do u have any gsming exp on ths led? thanks
Yea I cud feel the motion blur, maybe I'm looking too close.

This model does not have any option of MEMC, upon enquiry I was told that this does not comes with memc, I guess they realized it was buggy.

What is gsming?

Yea I cud feel the motion blur, maybe I'm looking too close.

This model does not have any option of MEMC, upon enquiry I was told that this does not comes with memc, I guess they realized it was buggy.

What is gsming?

okok.. it was a typo error. i meant do u have any exp of gaming on ur tv? with ps4 or xbox or any sort of console gaming?
and can u pls elaborate on motion blur tht how it feels to the person waching tv? like wt u feel whn blur hapens in scens on tv? a bit verbal explanation.

my older lg lcd was used to blur in cricke matches whn batsman used to hi the shoot and i clearly used to notice a bit of blur or ghosting dn knw wht it was. bt on screen it was like a ghosting fr for a split second.

O okay missed that. Overall, it is also smaller in dimensions due to thinner bezel and also is lighter in weight. They also changed the mounting brackets to smaller ones which needed to be reinstalled, my wall behind TV is all screwed up with now 3 mounting bracket installations being made on it. I guess I will buy a universal bracket next time before changing the TV.

Hi. Do you know if the universal brackets can accommodate unconventional sizes as well? e.g. 43 inch.

thanks that means the motion blur is not that evident. does motion blur happens in movies with fast action scenes? and in sports is it noticable?

The brackets are VESA standard measurements, check if your TV supports VESA mounts.

Just checked and it does support VESA wall mount. Dimensions mentioned are 300(horizontal) x 200(vertical). I hope the wall mounts can cater to such dimensions which are not square (i.e. 300 x 300 or 200 x 200)?

This will support:

CNCT Heavy Duty (Weight Capacity - 35 KGS) Fix-Tilt Wall Mount / Bracket / Stand for upto 47" LCD & Plasma - 55" LED & OLED TV with Maximum VESA 400 MM - Supports TVs - Displays - Monitors from Sony - Samsung - LG - Hitachi - Toshiba - Dell - Philips - Acer - Benq in sizes from 32" - 37" - 42" - 46" - 47" - 50" - 55" https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00N6NWO3O/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_EfUNwbY472EVK

Hey v bhoj what about the motion blur in sports or movies pls comment im gonna buy this tv in flipkarts republic day sale in a day or two.

Last edited:
Bro, I've done away with tsky, I now only have dittotv and Netflix. So almost no sports content, movies seems to be just fine, but do not expect the panel to perform with high end led. Buy with the mindset that you R getting the best bang for the buck, 42k is the sale price, I bought it at 55k (less 10k for exchange) just last year, so I think it is a very good deal. The only thing I do not like is that the bezel is shiny in this model and is an eye sore, last model it was mat finish. I'm looking for some good quality black masking tape to stick on the bezel. Besides, I'm very happy to see no backlight bleeding or clouding.

Bro, I've done away with tsky, I now only have dittotv and Netflix. So almost no sports content, movies seems to be just fine, but do not expect the panel to perform with high end led. Buy with the mindset that you R getting the best bang for the buck, 42k is the sale price, I bought it at 55k (less 10k for exchange) just last year, so I think it is a very good deal. The only thing I do not like is that the bezel is shiny in this model and is an eye sore, last model it was mat finish. I'm looking for some good quality black masking tape to stick on the bezel. Besides, I'm very happy to see no backlight bleeding or clouding.

Yikes, i thought it was just the plastic covering on bezels which is shining from your pictures, why did they go for shiny bezels in new model, Have you removed all the plastics on Bezels and see if its still too shiny?

Also, i think we should start a new thread with this TV model name as it will be helpful for all the forum members to get info about this particular model.

reviving the thread.
can any of you confirm that the vu uhd models will be able to do 4k@60hz using hdmi 2.0 and from usb 3.0 port. i have lots of videos and files at 4k@60fps. also i plan to connect the tv to my gtx 980ti for some 4k gaming.
considering to buy the 43inch or 50 inch 4k iconium model

Vbhoj the series that you have isnt smart, so how do you use Ditto and Netflix on your TV?

Very Sad....... clouding started to appear on the newer model (55k160gau) I got as replacement.

BLgMAMw.jpg

JvhfAc0.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back