VU TV and clouding issue

^Sad news, what picture settings are you using? will use same on mine and get back to you.

Brightness: 47
Contrast: 33
Color: 28
Sharpness: 18
Backlight: 29
Color temp: normal
3dnr: middle

It was not there from day 1, mine appeared in about 60 days of usage.

checked it, no such clouding in my TV. You have to go for a replacement i guess, make use of that 3 years warranty. I will buying the extended warranty next month.

Checked again last night, there was a very faint spot at the middle bottom part, rest disappeared , so I guess the clouding is more visible after the set has been in use for long hours. Day before when I took the pic, I used it for almost 5-6 hrs (binge watches House of Cards). Also it is only visible under low room lighting.

This is last night, after just switching on the TV, and almost no clouding:

E4LqvLg.jpg

VS this a day back when the set was used for a considerable time:

JvhfAc0.jpg

Last edited:
^ nope, it happened only once, then I filed a complaint, I kept the TV switched on another day for 6-7 hrs, but the issue never reappeared. So cancelled my complaint. :-X

I have recently purchased the 55" iconium. Till now its around 15 days. Its working fine as of now but after reading this thread i'm a bit concerned about the quality of the product.

This is last night, after just switching on the TV, and almost no clouding:

E4LqvLg.jpg

VS this a day back when the set was used for a considerable time:

JvhfAc0.jpg
Is there a 'live' pixel?
I can see bluish bright dot in lower left corner of panel. If yes then that is also a problem.

Sent from my E6 using Tapatalk

Is there a 'live' pixel?
I can see bluish bright dot in lower left corner of panel. If yes then that is also a problem.

Isn't that the power indicator? While on stand-by mode it is red and when you press the power button on remote, it becomes blue.

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk

Isn't that the power indicator? While on stand-by mode it is red and when you press the power button on remote, it becomes blue.

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk
Yes, enlarged the pics. Its on bezel and not on the panel. My apologies for misunderstanding.

been using 4k 50inch version for a while now clouding issue was there but its gone now, tv is on full day everyday. i also had few dead pixels but it went away after restart. also the 4k@60hz is not as smooth as 60hz should be not as bad as 50hz but tv does stutter now and then during 4k@60hz.

been using 4k 50inch version for a while now clouding issue was there but its gone now, tv is on full day everyday. i also had few dead pixels but it went away after restart. also the 4k@60hz is not as smooth as 60hz should be not as bad as 50hz but tv does stutter now and then during 4k@60hz.
What kind of content you use to watch 4K@60Hz. USB? HDMI? Streaming?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

What kind of content you use to watch 4K@60Hz. USB? HDMI? Streaming?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

using the tv has monitor through HDMI 2.0 powered by GTX 980ti Zotac AMP edition.
I'll explain the stuttering problem I faced during games at 4K@60hz first most importantly 3840*2160@60hz is possible but at YcbCr 420 ony that too at limited range. 4096*2160 is restricted to 24hz only.

Now I use 3840*2160@60hz.
While playing games I notice stutter like the tv's refresh rate cannot keep up with the action not motion problem though its definitely refresh rate related.
First I thought maybe the gpu was thermal throttling check with msi afterburner gpu temp was 63c. Vsync on was getting perfect 60fps no change in that what so ever. But still there was stuttering from time to time. Happens during all games at 3840*2160p@60hz. Further tried lowering to very low settings in game made no difference.
I believe its not a hardware but a firmware issue updated firmware might solve this issue.

An update on the clouding issue. I bought a 65" VU Iconium 4K TV and have been playing with it for the past few weeks. It started clouding within a few days and then it was gone. It then came back again after a few days before going away again. What I noticed is that the weather in Bangalore has been fluctuating quite a bit so have been keeping a track of the temps in the viewing room. A few days ago it was quite warm and the panel was pretty much cloud free. It's been somewhat cooler the last two days and it has returned. I am starting to feel it is the expansion and contraction of either the panel or the frame due to temp fluctuations putting some kind of stress on the panel that's causing it. I'll keep you posted with further observations.

Last edited:
Aha, that makes me wonder, I guess I too having this issue when I watch a movie with the air condition on. Will have to observe more on this.

Dark corners in new vu led tv
I had just bought an vu H40k 311 vu smart tv through flipkart. But little disappointed by the
Dark shade corners in display.corners are Light darker compare to full screen.is it normal with budget or vu company tv.it's in replacement period.... should I get it replaced. Will I be able to get problem free.. tv in this brand or other one will come with new prblm. ..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back