VU TV and clouding issue

Hi Guys,

I've a VU 55" LED TV, 10 months old, I can see clouding on four corners since about a month now. Similar to this:

Black Uniformity of 2015 TVs: Clouding and Flashlighting

It is visible only when no external light is present in the room at night. What is your experience about the same ? Will VU do anything about this if complained ?

I have a VU 65XT780, almost a year old. I have black uniformity issues also clouding in the middle. I just had an interaction with VU customer service and then with an engineer as I found out that my smart TV wasn't as smart as I could not upgrade flash player or install Silverlight. I am adding a PC feature so these things can be enabled otherwise netflix and pandora go out of the window.

However, whats relevant to this discussion is their engineers. They have no clue mostly what you are asking them. Most people have basic issues. TV working, not working. When confronted with slightly complex issues, these engineers are quite flummoxed. If there's more than basic watching involved with the TV, VU should be a strict no, no. I am very soon going to use AVSHD 709 guide to colour calibrate. Since the VU engineer flatly refused any such help.

@terrible : Did you have your complaint registered with VU? The service cannot be refused. That's blatant violation of warranty agreement. Do follow-up and if there is no positive response, you would need to go through the consumer forum.
They will sure help you. If you need the procedure to go through consumer forum, let me know.

My 7 month old VU uhd tv had clouding and flash light issues in the left bottom corner. But I have noticed that the flash light vanishes after 30 sec of turning it on. Hence am reluctant for a replacement. The cloding is also not very serious for s replacement.

If I understand, this is an inherent technology issue and cannot be completely resolved. You need to have some luck in getting an sermingly ok tv. Replacement of service will not guarantee resolution of problems.

I've registered a complaint with them today.

But I'm also concerned that replacement might add on to my problems, as clouding might be an issue with all VUTVs and replacing it with a refurbished one might come with its own issues.

I think the cheaper LED models have clouding issues, even big brands have models with such issues, and they also have better models without this issue.

Yesterday night i checked my VU UHD TV again for clouding issues in pitch darkness. I have noticed on turnon there is a flash light kind of beam at the left bottom corner and a few spots at the bottom center of the screen. But after a minute or so all these spots and flash light vanishes and its spotlessly clean as nothing existed.

I think in my TV these back light takes a minute or so to saturate and after that it becomes ok. :clapping:

This clouding which you refer is actually called backlight bleed and is common in all cheap LED TVs no matter which brand you buy from . Even some top brands face this issue . There is not much you can do other then some temporary DIY fixes . This issue is not really a defect but a drawback of LED TVs construction . Try decreasing brightness or backlight in settings if the problem is really annoying .

@terrible : Did you have your complaint registered with VU? The service cannot be refused. That's blatant violation of warranty agreement. Do follow-up and if there is no positive response, you would need to go through the consumer forum.
They will sure help you. If you need the procedure to go through consumer forum, let me know.

I did actually. I did it twice. They say there's nothing wrong. In fact, they changed some board since to hdmi ports were not working and now there's ghosting on image. So the guy will be back with the old board tomorrow or day after to see the difference.

I had complained them around 8 days back, their manager registered the complain and upon understanding the issue told me that they might have to change the set. Then after 2 days he said he had consulted with his technical team and some card needs to be changed. He never came to see the issue, it was all over email and telephone, I asked him to come after 6pm since the clouding can be seen under no room light conditions. So he along with an engineer came today around noon time and wanted me to show him the issue. I told him that he needs to come at night to see the issue. He said he could not find the issue in the snap that I had sent them, so I opened the same snap and pointed to the issue. He then wrote my feedback in his complain docket and said he would come back to me by tomorrow on the decision that his company takes.

It was difficult to capture the issue with a digital camera, but I tried my best. Here is the actual picture of my set with clouding.

vDoVeqB.jpg

I think I will need your help with the consumer forum procedure. Look at some of the clouding with and without telecast. I am enclosing the pics. Take a careful look at the four corners specifically.

Last edited:
Update: VU replaced my 55K160 GAU with the same model, but to my surprise the specifications & looks has changed, in fact they have done cost cutting. Instead of 3 hdmi + 2 USB + 120 Hz refresh rates, I now have 2 hdmi + 1 USB + 60hz refresh rates. I guess those things should not matter to me much if the LED panels is good.

I've got another issue with this LED panel it seems, it has horizontal wavy lines all across the screen which can be seen both when it is powered on & off. Again it is difficult to click this, but I tried, see closely in the boxes that I marked, this is when it is switched off.

Never observed this in the previous piece:

Ym8nwJg.jpg

Hi Guys,

I've a VU 55" LED TV, 10 months old, I can see clouding on four corners since about a month now. Similar to this:

Black Uniformity of 2015 TVs: Clouding and Flashlighting

It is visible only when no external light is present in the room at night. What is your experience about the same ? Will VU do anything about this if complained ?

I am also facing the same problem with my VU 50" tv. Then started googling for it's solution and read somewhere to swipe with a clean cotton cloth evenly by giving a gentle pressure on those clouding areas. Do not give hard pressure. And I got a very good result doing it. Try it, it's a nice trick.

hi vbhoj im also planing to buy this model from flipkart model number 55k160gau..

link is here-
Home Entertainment - Buy Home Entertainment Online at Best Prices in India.

its the newer model. its the version which u got in replacement from vu.

now i want to ask u abt the picture quality of ur new model led and response time and also about the dreaded soap opera effect? how is the new version in terms of panel quality. i will be using my led for movies and gaming on ps4.
please give ur valuble feedback. any help will be appriciated. thanks in advance.

hi vbhoj im plannig to buy this model from filpkart. and on flipkart its mentiones tht new model has refresh rate of 120hz.
im posting a link of ur nw model pls check

http://www.flipkart.com/vu-led-55k1...cm+(55)+led+tv+(full+hd)&otracker=from-search

i just want to ask u how is the picture quality of ur new model which vu replaced for u.
and how is the response time of newer model?
i wil be using thos tv for ps4 and movies. thanks in advance.

@vbhoj74: Your earlier 55 inch TV model was Edge-Lit panel and the newer version is Direct-Lit panel, will be interesting to hear the picture quality differences between the two versions from you.

@vbhoj74: Your earlier 55 inch TV model was Edge-Lit panel and the newer version is Direct-Lit panel, will be interesting to hear the picture quality differences between the two versions from you.

hey mate do u have any idea abt this models picture quality

The new model is 60hz, check VUTV website.

I do not find any edge light belling or clouding as of now, can u point to any documents that says this is direct lit panel?

Motion blur is visible since this is 60hz, I think it was better in the earlier panel, but overall I'm happy that there is no clouding or back light bleeding.

hey mate do u have any idea abt this models picture quality

No idea, this is a recently launched model, was launched last week i guess. Even i am looking at 55 inch VU TV, planning to buy in Feb.

You can start a new thread too with exact model no. VU 55k160GAU so that we can get more views and opinions on this exact model.

The new model is 60hz, check VUTV website.

I do not find any edge light belling or clouding as of now, can u point to any documents that says this is direct lit panel?

Motion blur is visible since this is 60hz, I think it was better in the earlier panel, but overall I'm happy that there is no clouding or back light bleeding.

thnks for reply. can u pls share ur exp of watching a movie? is motion blur evident in fast action scens? i was using a lg lcd earlier it was also 60hz bt i never noticed any ghosting or blur. will i notice on his one?
and do u have any gsming exp on ths led? thanks

No idea, this is a recently launched model, was launched last week i guess. Even i am looking at 55 inch VU TV, planning to buy in Feb.

You can start a new thread too with exact model no. VU 55k160GAU so that we can get more views and opinions on this exact model.

i have started a thread of comparison btw this one and micromax 6000fhd 50 incher. les see wht oher users have to say.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back