Wahrfedale, Jamo, Elac, Polk, Yamaha... Which one is better?

paritosh

Hi there,

Here I'm, again confused (and almost emberresed to ask similar questions on same line).

Could you pls let me know how would you rank the following floor standers? I need YOUR view on these, as I, being a nube, am really confused in my quest for the setup in my 17'x12' TV viewing area of my living room.

1) Jamo S606 + Denon 1311
2) Wharfedale Obsidian + Denon 1311
3) Elac FS57 + Denon 1311
4) Polk TSi300 + Denon 1311
5) Yamaha NS555 + Yamaha RX-V371

How would you rank these combos from Audiophilic Performence?

All these combos fall within my budget and I found all of them equally good (apart from Polk which I found too bright)

My listening revolves around Ghazals of Jagjit Singh and soft and sufi bollywood numbers by Rahat Fateh Ali, Atif, Mohit etc.

I also like watching hollywood action movies, so I'll be comppleting a 5.1 setup with matching Cent/Surr/Sub.

I would especially like your comments on Yammy combo and Elac + Denon , as I found little mention about those in this forum.

Last edited:
I have Used Yamaha 555 with RXV 1500 as fronts, and later with RXV2700 as surrounds. Avoid. If you can, go for the Elacs. Next best would be Jamo, then Wharfedale.

any more inputs for the matter??

common friends... i hardly find any mention of these in the forum. are they not good at all? may be not... but that thats all i can afford / planning to spend on the setup... so you may give your opinions w.r.t valure for money

Polk goes well with Denon - Polk RTi series is better than the TSi Series please audition

RTi is beyond budget! In gujarat, they don't offer much discount. I've been quoted the MRP for TSi based 5.1 pkg. I talked to ProFX guy for 1611 at 25k at Ahemedabad, and when I said other shops give a discount of atleast 15percent, he plainly asked me to get it from other place!!!!

Why dont you talk to dealers like Pranab? I think they can give you some discount and offer you free shipping too.

well, I being a nube in audiophile world, setting up a component based system on my own is an issue!

BTW, how would you rate Elac / Jamo / Wharfedale to Polk RTi?

I have heard Elac and with due respect to them I didnt quite like their sound when compared even to Polk Tsi series then again what may sound pleasing to my ear may sound harsh to yours - so please audition all possible combos before to make a final decision

Audition with a Cd of your choice, check various amp-speaker combo through a broad spectrum of equilizer settings and variant volume levels.
Test the low-mid frequencies thru all speakers...!
Am sureyou will come out a winner.
cheers.

Hey!

I recently Bought a Denon 1611 with the same idea as yours. To complete a 51 setup over time.

I have paired my system with Q Acoustics 2010s .. but i am not fully satisfied with the sound in my room. Am giving them time to "burn in" as the gurus say..

I dont know much about polks/jamo/wharfedale/ elac.

AFAIK, try auditioning the Klipsch B-20, the PSB - B6, the Wharfdale Diamond 10.1 (Good offer on Group Buy), the Q2020. All of these i tried. Like the 2010s cos they were smaller, and i assumed they would be enough for my room size. Will be putting them up as surrounds later ..

I have been told that monitor audio also would be very good.. but havent tried them so far! .

Happy Auditioning to you:D

Hi there,

Here I'm, again confused (and almost emberresed to ask similar questions on same line).

Could you pls let me know how would you rank the following floor standers? I need YOUR view on these, as I, being a nube, am really confused in my quest for the setup in my 17'x12' TV viewing area of my living room.

1) Jamo S606 + Denon 1311
2) Wharfedale Obsidian + Denon 1311
3) Elac FS57 + Denon 1311
4) Polk TSi300 + Denon 1311
5) Yamaha NS555 + Yamaha RX-V371

How would you rank these combos from Audiophilic Performence?

All these combos fall within my budget and I found all of them equally good (apart from Polk which I found too bright)

My listening revolves around Ghazals of Jagjit Singh and soft and sufi bollywood numbers by Rahat Fateh Ali, Atif, Mohit etc.

I also like watching hollywood action movies, so I'll be comppleting a 5.1 setup with matching Cent/Surr/Sub.

I would especially like your comments on Yammy combo and Elac + Denon , as I found little mention about those in this forum.

Hi, what did you finally buy? I also am looking at similar speaker setup:
1) Jamo S606 + Denon 1611
2) Polk TSi300 + Denon 1611

Leaning towards Jamo. I feel 1611 would drive the speakers better than 1311.

Regards

Hi,
I am holding polk speakers Rti A5, and they sound very good. I had spend 1 day to audition these speakers in Pro Fx, i began with Monitor 50 and a Polk powered sub, did not like it, then went with monitor 60, was ok (that time Tsi was not launched) and after that when i auditioned the Rti A5 on the same songs that i auditioned the previous speakers, it took my breath away.It was already 8pm by the time i finalized my A5, other wise i would have gone for A7 or more higher model.

What i will like to say is there will be not a much difference between the same Rti Series speakers, but there are considerable difference between the series itself like Tsi and Rti. If you are planning to keep speakers for long shed 10 to 15 k extra and get the next series and build the home theatre one by one. But get the quality ones, you may not be in a budget when you are planning to buy everything together like Receiver + Mains + Center + Surround.

BTW, how would you rate Elac / Jamo / Wharfedale to Polk RTi?

From the list, I would rate Elac the best, due to their capacity to reproduce any genre of music and Cinema viewing, Next would be Jamo. Polk I rate 0 in the HT environment. Wharfedale is the third option.

^^^^^ So is all floorstanders in that pricerange.
Forget the floorstanders and get a good booshelf if your budget is limited.

I would like to politely disagree. The Pioneer sp51 FS is a game changer and the best sounding budget FS not only in that range but double its range easily. I just wish more people audition it and find out for themselves :)

Oh and I agree with the opinion about Jamo s606 though not in that strong a language :)

^^^^^ So is all floorstanders in that pricerange.
Forget the floorstanders and get a good booshelf if your budget is limited.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back