Wall mounted rack to go with wall mounted tv

anm

hi - I need to get a TV installed in my daughter's room. Room is really small so I will move out the current TV rack and crt TV to my bedroom, while she will get a wall mounted TV. Unfortunately, there is no space to keep a table/ rack on the floor. So I need a very slim profile wall unit that maybe I can mount above the TV where I can keep tata sky and other sources. No external speakers can come here either :(

Any suggestions?

why do go for a wall unit... its a very small carpenter job...

either just get a small single rack below the tv attached to the wall or above it.

all it will take is two hinges and few bolts...

i would suggest not to go above the tv. coz the tata sky remote isint as good as the tv remotes.. it needs to be positioned properly to get signal and it will pain to lift the hand up every time point it above the tv to change channel.. just say 6 inches below tv a single polished wood plank with two hinges.. or a thick plain glass sheet wud do just fine.

adding few pics where you can get my idea. you can exclude the behind support and use the walls instead and tv is already there.. so that will make it look good..

just get a 12 inch x 30 inch odd 3/4 inch thick tinted glass and it will match the lcd tv as well.. place it below tv.. with proper hinges it will be able to take
weight by atleast 1 kg.. so tata sky and a dvd player will sit just fine.

Last edited:
hi - I need to get a TV installed in my daughter's room. Room is really small so I will move out the current TV rack and crt TV to my bedroom, while she will get a wall mounted TV. Unfortunately, there is no space to keep a table/ rack on the floor. So I need a very slim profile wall unit that maybe I can mount above the TV where I can keep tata sky and other sources. No external speakers can come here either :(

Any suggestions?

What you might look for is a floating shelf like this

You carpenter can build something like this for cheap while matching the bed colour or drapes colour

what marsilians has suggested is very practical
it also doubles up as a small study table actually

getting carpenters here is getting on my nerves. They are getting too much for doing bullshit jobs so no one wants to come over for small jobs, and don't expect any quality. I would rather go for readymade stuff.
Thanks everyone. I would look out in stores.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back