Wall outlet

I was thinking about installing some leviton wall outlets in my home in chennai - but noticed that it is marked as 125 volts.

Are even outlets limited to particular voltage?

Any suggestions on quality outlets in India?

Appreciate the feedback.
Though Im contemplating a change to Furutech or MS HD after this pandemic cools off....right now I'm happy with what Hager is doing.

Anybody installed a USA outlet in your place in India?

Appreciate the feedback.

Just trying to understand the need for US type of outlet in India. if your equipment has such socket you can go for universal sockets. You can get good quality from GM, Havells, Anchor, Schneider. if you are looking for smart plugs they is a whole range in Amazon but none of them will be that reliable. However you have few which are Wipro, Belkin, oakter etc..

Just trying to understand the need for US type of outlet in India. if your equipment has such socket you can go for universal sockets. You can get good quality from GM, Havells, Anchor, Schneider. if you are looking for smart plugs they is a whole range in Amazon but none of them will be that reliable. However you have few which are Wipro, Belkin, oakter etc..

need is because the power cord plug is a usa one. Also looks like many "audiophile" outlets and power cords are based on the usa design. that's the reason i asked whether there were any quality outlets available in india. few years back when i was in india when i checked for universal outlets i found only cheap ones. not sure if there are quality ones available now. but even with universal outlet, i think the connection would be better with the country specific outlet suited to the power cord plug.

Okie.... got it. Check the universal plugs first and then go for dedicated sockets if not satisfying. I would also recommend to change your power cords to India socket type if it’s detachable. As everyone here are aware of the power rating difference, but as a caution: make sure the equipment is universal power rating so it can accept all voltages and frequency before using it.
thank you,
Ram.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back