Want Advice To Set Up Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 In Living Room

Aroo

I need to set 5.1.2 in my living room which extends into a foyer & dining area entire area is open. The sitting area could be 15×15, have a wall & book shelf opposite the Tv area. The ideal set up after going through several threads is 2Floor Standers, center channel, Sub, 2surround bookshelves at back & 2 ceiling speakers ( have false ceiling ). Concern is I have 12ft long TV stand ,which stands at 3ft height from ground level, have to place floor standers in front of the stand, can some other speaker sitting on top of the stand deliver desired output instead of floor standees. I have gone through several threads but am confused in selection of speakers. I am open to mix & match of brands for optimum musical & movie experience. My budget including AVR is Rs 2lakhs(need advice on AVR too according to selection of speakers) . Request expert advice . Please accept my gratitude in advance for the advice extended

The sitting area could be 15×15,

I am open to mix & match of brands for optimum musical & movie experience. My budget including AVR is Rs 2lakhs

- You can do 5.2.4 for your room size (or) can even do 7.2.4 with additional power amplifier for your budget..
- Pioneer LX 303, Marantz SR 6013 and Denon x 4500 are some of the AVR's capable of 5.1.4 out of the box.. (AVR order listed according to retail price)..
- If you can place BS on the TV stand matching the tweeter at ear height or even slightly higher should also do..

- You can do 5.2.4 for your room size (or) can even do 7.2.4 with additional power amplifier for your budget..
- Pioneer LX 303, Marantz SR 6013 and Denon x 4500 are some of the AVR's capable of 5.1.4 out of the box.. (AVR order listed according to retail price)..
- If you can place BS on the TV stand matching the tweeter at ear height or even slightly higher should also do..
Thx for the suggestions on the AVR, I would request , to kindly suggest the speakers cmbination along wth brands for 5.2.4 as well as 7.2.4

The ideal set up after going through several threads is 2Floor Standers, center channel, Sub, 2surround bookshelves at back & 2 ceiling speakers ( have false ceiling ).
Ideal set-up is 5 or 7 of the same speaker so that sounds remain as consistent as possible when panning around the room. In a bass managed system, where low frequencies are reproduced by subwoofers, you don't need large floorstanding speakers to reproduce the same bass that the subwoofers are already reproducing (reproducing better than the floorstanders could).
Concern is I have 12ft long TV stand ,which stands at 3ft height from ground level, have to place floor standers in front of the stand, can some other speaker sitting on top of the stand deliver desired output instead of floor standees.
Use 3 of the same bookshelf speaker across the front (or 2 bookshelves and a centre speaker). All three can go on your TV stand, spread as wide apart as you want. The money saved over floorstanders can be put towards subwoofers.

attachment.php

Ideal set-up is 5 or 7 of the same speaker so that sounds remain as consistent as possible when panning around the room. In a bass managed system, where low frequencies are reproduced by subwoofers, you don't need large floorstanding speakers to reproduce the same bass that the subwoofers are already reproducing (reproducing better than the floorstanders could). Use 3 of the same bookshelf speaker across the front (or 2 bookshelves and a centre speaker). All three can go on your TV stand, spread as wide apart as you want. The money saved over floorstanders can be put towards subwoofers.

attachment.php
Thx for the inputs
What I have understood is to place 3 BS on the Tv stand along with the center channel at the centre? & 2 BS behind sitting area, 1sub & 2 celing speakers. I hope this is what is suggested. Pls suggest speaker brands to consider.

What I have understood is to place 3 BS on the Tv stand along with the center channel at the centre?
No, that would be 4 speakers up front. What I suggested is either 3 identical bookshelf speakers OR 2 bookshelf speakers and a matching centre speaker. That's 3 speakers (not 4) up front. Also, I would do 2 subs for smoother bass response AND greater seat-to-seat consistency.

No, that would be 4 speakers up front. What I suggested is either 3 identical bookshelf speakers OR 2 bookshelf speakers and a matching centre speaker. That's 3 speakers (not 4) up front. Also, I would do 2 subs for smoother bass response AND greater seat-to-seat consistency.
Okay , got it ..thx for the imputs. Now I need to decide on the choice of BS speaker & the sub

Ideal setup will be a 7.2.4 one, but you can curtail it to 5.1.2 based on your budget. Dont go below that please
If you are looking for Denon, I will suggest Polk combination , especially RTi series. That will be ideal for both movies and music. If you have marantz in mind, Dali zensor will be a good pair, but the receiver is slightly inclined towards music but the combo is deadly. And with remaining money, invest in a good quality subwoofer like SVS, if possible in a pair. You will not regret. Towers are really not needed if you are opting for a sub.

If there is possibility to extend your budget, why not think about a projector for a big screen experience? ;-)

Thx for the suggestions on the AVR, I would request , to kindly suggest the speakers cmbination along wth brands for 5.2.4 as well as 7.2.4

Some pointers to finish 6.2.4 set-up with in your budget +/ - 10%..

Pioneer LX 303 is a 9.2 AVR, with no expansion.. So either a 5.1.4 (or) 7.2.2 set-up..
Marantz SR 6013 / Denon x 4500, are also 9.2 AVR, but with expansion capability up to 11.2 using additional power amplifier.. So you can up to 7.2.4 set-up..

Subwoofer - Dual identical ones, Taga Harmony TSW 120 (10 inch) / TSW 200 (12 inch) sub = between 40 ~ 50K..

If identical BS for the bed speakers, then consider 3 pairs of the same model for L, C, R, SL, SR, SSB (single surr back).. This will make it 6 identical bed speakers.. Taga Harmony Platinum S90 SL, (12K a pair) x 3 pairs = 36K..

Heights - If you have false ceiling, then ceiling speakers from the same brand as your rest is better.. If you don't have false ceiling, then consider adding the above BS itself as front & rear heights.. 2 more additional speakers = 24K..

In this fashion you have 10 identical speakers and can do 6.2.4 set-up..

Additional power amp - Choose any used stereo amplifier with Main in & pre-out (or) stereo power amplifier for 10 ~ 15K..

Dear Sirs @ elangoas, @ItsMe & @ sdurani..
Thank you for the wonderful inputs...what should the fair price be, for Marantz SR6013 & Denon x4500

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back