want floorstanders for denon 1910 and already having polk psw125

akeshwar

Hi all! Here I would like to know some information about a pair for suitable floorstanders for denon 1910. Also, if I am having a sub then for which kind of flrstandrs i should go with. What should be the role of my sub afterwards having floorstanders coz I havenot any knowledge about technical specification+needs but just heard the some of the floorstanders having in-built subwoofing system or so on.....plz sugges

current 2.1 setup: Denon 1910+wharf 10.1+polk psw125

is ashish there

Regards to all of audio engineers

thanx

Akeshwar Pd.

Akesh, You have not mentioned your budget and why you are planning to go for new floorstanders?
Are you not happy with the Wharf 10.1? Or are you planning to use them as surrounds?

Hi iaudio....no no its actually not like that. I am having 10.1 bookshelf Infact my first priority is to have centre from wharf.....actually i just want to go through with the basic difference/funda for the near future so that that my investment on sub will be properly utilized.I feel that i dont have that much need of floorstanders coz accommodation is provided by government and its not too spacious.But earlier I have heard about "floorstanders without sub" and in case, i would go for floorstanders then what i have to look for.

thanx

Akeshwar,

With floorstanders you wont miss the subwoofer so much, except in certain cases. But with a bookshelf you will need it for the low frequencies.
As far as movies are concerned, even with a floorstander Subwoofer is needed to created the thunderous impact that certain movie scenes require.

So simply it means that i should remain with the current one.Frankly, I was also making my mind for the same due to lack of space and as I am just a beginner and not know too much about the technical specifications so every sound which is clear, will please me enough.

Ok, then my priority will be first, get a centre speaker then i will upgrad the setup slowly.....

Dear thank u so much for ur input

regards
Akeshwar Pd

Akeshwar, you are welcome.

Yeah, go for the wharfedale 10cs and a pair of wharf dfs(dipole speakers) for the rear and you will be good to go.

mpw, long time man, busy listening to your new Paradigms? How is it coming about? Pl suggest the OP other good bookshelves he could audition.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back