Want Help in Placing an Order for Xgimi H2

Thanks Sandeep for that post. But if Global Projector has warehouses in India, why did it take 2 months for you to get your unit?
I don't think they have properly registered warehouse kind of... all they do is to stock the devices and distributing it. They said the orders which they have received earlier my orders are being processed. So, i have to wait for them to send the stock to the warehouse.

I don't think they have properly registered warehouse kind of... all they do is to stock the devices and distributing it. They said the orders which they have received earlier my orders are being processed. So, i have to wait for them to send the stock to the warehouse.
I sent a query to Global Projectors specifically asking them whether they would be supplying from India. They said no, and all their consignments are shipped from Hong Kong. There are two Indian suppliers -- Digikartz and Furper, but both of them charge very high. Xiomi Mijia 4K projector now sells for 1.23 Lakhs (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_5,searchweb201603_53), where as Digikartz charges 1.99 Lakhs!

I sent a query to Global Projectors specifically asking them whether they would be supplying from India. They said no, and all their consignments are shipped from Hong Kong. There are two Indian suppliers -- Digikartz and Furper, but both of them charge very high. Xiomi Mijia 4K projector now sells for 1.23 Lakhs (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_5,searchweb201603_53), where as Digikartz charges 1.99 Lakhs!
Yes, They will ship from Hong Kong or somewhere from China. For me they shipped to India somewhere and from there they shipped to my home in local courier.

Yes, They will ship from Hong Kong or somewhere from China. For me they shipped to India somewhere and from there they shipped to my home in local courier.
That is quite interesting, rainbowsong2000! Can you please explain more specifically? Are you saying that the Chinese seller sends the projector to some one in India who in turn sends it to you so that you do not have to pay customs and taxes?

Ha ha..
Seriously I don't know whom they have sent the Projector... this is the chronology of my order experience.
1. I ordered through Ali express by CC. on Dec 2018
2. They said it will 4-6 weeks to get the product and they promised that I no need to pay any customs charges.
3. Then they provided some Chinese websites with a tracker number of my order status.
4. It provides me the status every day where the product is etc. They have shipped from some china some weird city name.
5. After 1.5 months the status said it arrived Calcutta port.
6. After it arrives Calcutta port the status said it's being sorted in Calcutta warehouse.
7. Then they provided another local Indian courier site to track the shipment.
8. And in a few days I got the product delivered to my home.
9. Feel free to PM me to discuss in detail.

Some of the chat transcripts with the Global Projector Vendor:

Yilia Yi: Hello friend
The stock in India warehouse already sold out.
New cargo will send next week. about 3 weeks arrived at India

You can order it and wait the goods arrived at India warehouse, then we will send the goods to you
------------
Dear friend
It is the first tracking number
KDxxxxxxxxx
you can track here
http://trace.y-express.com/index.php?s=/Index/logistics

Later you can track when finishing the clearance and arrived at India warehouse

once arrived at India warehouse, we will send to you soon use local express shipping way and update the second tracking number on your order.
Best Regards
Yilia
-------------
The shipping company is waiting your customs documents permitting imports

As the end of the year is approaching, many goods need to be imported into your country. We need to be allowed in order to import into your country.

I also very anxiously, checked with the shipping company everyday

hope you can wait for my reply
Best Regards
Yilia
-----
Yilia Yi: Once get the new information from the shipping company. we will inform you /:000
-------
It is the free shipping way. it different from ship from China by Fedex directly.

It do the customs clearance by the company. not private, so the process different from the private customs. hope you can understand

I will send the message to the shipping company to check the time. once get the message will tell you soon.
Best Regards
Yilia
---------
The parcel arrived at your customs waiting release. because new year so they delay. after the new year holiday finished we will send and update you soon. thanks

Happy new year !
Best Regards
Yilia
------
Yilia Yi: Dear friend

I am so sorry for the long time on the customs clearance . the customs is finished the holiday. this cargo will release this week. you will receive the parcel this 2 weeks, please wait we update the tracking number to you. thanks for your waiting. later if want order other goods on our shop can contact us will provide the extra discount. thanks again.

Best Regards
Yilia
-----
The India do not work on weekend so they India shipping company have not update the tracking number to us. even they get the parcel on Friday

Tomorrow will update to you

Thanks for your understand
------------
Yilia Yi: Dear friend
Thanks for your waiting. xxxxxx it is your tracking number.
you can track the information here.
https://www.shreemaruticourier.com/track-your-shipment/

If have any shipping problem. please call this phone 88374 53582 or contact us here.

please note the tracking information and wait the parcel delivery.
Best Regards

Yilia

Ha ha..
Seriously I don't know whom they have sent the Projector... this is the chronology of my order experience.
2. They said it will 4-6 weeks to get the product and they promised that I no need to pay any customs charges.
3. Then they provided some Chinese websites with a tracker number of my order status.
4. It provides me the status every day where the product is etc. They have shipped from some china some weird city name.
6. After it arrives Calcutta port the status said it's being sorted in Calcutta warehouse.
I have ordered plenty through Aliexpress over the years, goods, both expensive and otherwise. The sellers could ship the articles from anywhere, depending on where their stock is located, could be China, HK,Taiwan etc, it is immaterial.
In almost all cases the articles sent have massively undervalued invoices, or they mark them as gifts. Because of the cheap looking packaging it passes the Indian customs without much hassle. But since the past couple of years the customs have become more keen and have started picking up random packages and opening them up. I have also gotten calls from the Bangalore customs a couple of times to confirm the value of the goods. At the end of the day it is the customs officer's prerogative to tax you as he see fit. You cannot argue with them. They'll simply withhold your goods, and there is nothing you can do about it.
If the goods are sent via ordinary post then your local postman delivers them to you at your address, if there are any duties to be paid he'll hand you over a duty demand notice. All the various taxes and cess will be mentioned there.
It's the same if the goods are shipped via FedEx or any of the popular services, they'll hand you over a duty demand notice, if any.
Aliexpress terms make it explicitly clear that local taxes have to be paid if the customs demands it, and it is not in their control.

Ha ha..
Rainbowsong2000, all I can say is that you were very lucky. Things have changed drastically and, given the sour Indo-China relations, Customs have become very hawkish. But thanks all the same for having shared your experience. Let us all hope that we also get lucky some day like you. I also agree with aeroash has said in his post.

Rainbowsong2000, all I can say is that you were very lucky. Things have changed drastically and, given the sour Indo-China relations, Customs have become very hawkish. But thanks all the same for having shared your experience. Let us all hope that we also get lucky some day like you. I also agree with aeroash has said in his post.
I wish all to be lucky

There's always a language problem when communicating with AliExpress sellers. You basically have to guess at what they mean. I've had packages which were shipped to India in the usual way but cleared by GATi agents in a bulk manner, which may explain the lack of duty, and then shipped onwards to the customer. That's probably what they mean by local warehouse. Not an actual facility.

How is it the price for Xgimi H2 varies so widely? On Aliexpress it is presently quoting at $.899

Could I know what price you paid?
IIRC, I paid Rs 85,000 for the projector and two 3d glasses back in May 2019. It came with a local warranty for one year.
It was 10 to 15k more than aliexpress and I felt, the price difference was okay for the warranty and customs headache.

IIRC, I paid Rs 85,000 for the projector and two 3d glasses back in May 2019. It came with a local warranty for one year.
It was 10 to 15k more than aliexpress and I felt, the price difference was okay for the warranty and customs headache.
That is fair price, considering you also got local warranty. Please could you share details regarding where you bought it from?

That is fair price, considering you also got local warranty. Please could you share details regarding where you bought it from?
Hi. His name is Manish. Please refer to the previous post as it has details of the seller. I couldn’t find It in my contacts now for some reason.

Hi. His name is Manish. Please refer to the previous post as it has details of the seller. I couldn’t find It in my contacts now for some reason.
Tried this Manish chap. sent him an eMail. He asked me for my phone number and promised he would get back. He never did. May be out of business.

Hi,

I bought my Xigimi H2 from "Global Projector" store vendor through Ali express. I have ordered the product at end of Dec 2018 and Got the product on 1st week of Feb 2019.

In fact, I have first ordered in LR Digital and later cancelled the order (It took 3 weeks for them to return the money in my CC)and placed the new order in Global Projector because of 10 USD less price and more positive comments from India.

It was a wait of nail-biting 2 months. However, the dealer kept updating me on the order status and shipping status. He said they have warehouse in Delhi or Calcutta where bulk orders in India will be shipped and from there they have shipped to my address in local courier. I didn't pay any to Customs.

So far the product works fine. Not sure who will support in India if there is an issue...

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks

May I know the reason for cancelling order from LR digital?! I'm planning on buying Xgimi H3 from that seller

May I know the reason for cancelling order from LR digital?! I'm planning on buying Xgimi H3 from that seller
Hi I was confused whether they are shipping to India with or without additional custom charges.. later got to know that they don't charge additional custom charges.. no other reason.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back