Watched Just Now in Theater

Spidey

hi

i felt that we should put some words as to our experience of movies seen in cinema theater.. as a guide to others who may want to see it.

This weekend i saw :

Kambhakkt Ishq
Harry Potter

The first movie does not deserve any words.

Regarding HP:the half blood prince,
first, i am not a heavy harry potter fan.
So i watched the movie from movie experience point of view.
The file has a dark, brooding look to it throught out.. with old crumbling castles, halls etc..
The special effects are very restrained .. though the director had a free hand with magic,creatures etc.. the sound effects and visuals are subdued.

So my question is , would it be worth it to see it in Imax Theater ? I mean does it have the content to be shown in Imax??
The plot is long,rambling and complex.. strictly for the HP fans who read the books by-heart before watching the movie.

I havent been to a theater in the past few years and in the mean time have upgraded my system to 5.0 (still searching for the .1). So how is the movie going experience now a days. Can a theater beat a 5.1 home theater with blu ray in terms of pic and sound quality? I personally think that if the technology keeps advancing like this (blu ray, 7.1 lossless audio, lcd, plasma, oled etc), theaters will soon be obsolete.

I havent been to a theater in the past few years and in the mean time have upgraded my system to 5.0 (still searching for the .1). So how is the movie going experience now a days. Can a theater beat a 5.1 home theater with blu ray in terms of pic and sound quality? I personally think that if the technology keeps advancing like this (blu ray, 7.1 lossless audio, lcd, plasma, oled etc), theaters will soon be obsolete.

I share the same sentiment though I have been to the theatre 3 to 4 times in the last 2 yrs, couldn't say no to kid and/or nieces.

not frequent to theaters. but cant resist good Hollywood pics. always NO to so called bollywood stuff, because these days it is not worth to spend such amounts for such useless craps.

this Saturday i have seen Transformers ||, its a decent one. especially i like the way they showed the Pyramids. i like to believe the alien theory of Pyramid origin because my logic doesnt allow me to believe that it was constructed by Egyptians a 5k years back :)

same here, i am not going to theaters much, watch most of the stuff at home, more into TV series these days and not watching movies much.

Heard Hangover is good, lot of reviews floating around ...

theatres like the Sathyam cinemas in Chennai use state of the art digital projection and the image quality is superb. The sound is good but not great.

I watched a movie in a multiplex in Pattaya, and I was blown away by the quality of the sound, and the projection, so in the same way that home video technology is advancing, the theatre experience is also moving forward.

oh ya, there's caramel popcorn.....the day i can make caramel popcorn in a microwave, i might actually consider giving up going to the theatre :)

Last year I saw Transporter 3 in a multiplex in Sion Mumbai
It was a small hall in multtiplex reserved for limited audience movie...

Now I liked the movie and I was sipping Smirnoff ( smuggled insie and poured in largest available glass of leamon drink !!:clapping::eek:hyeah:) ,so my brain was free and receptive!!:p:rolleyes:

Now I was irritated and offended by sound and quality of expereince...

Sound system was "lousy" compared to my below standrad Yamaha-JBL HT. Also I felt the picture was to dull and cloudy devoid of sharpness...

The screen was too appeared smalll ----

In all a pathetic expereince of movie I liked - and I went to hear sound effects!!!!:yahoo::yahoo:

I think we must start a thread to review AV expereinces of commercial spaces -like Move halls,Concerts,Auditorium etc......

I feel a lot of multiplex designers are not at all considering sound aspect at all ,or the picture aspect....

I do believe that the theatres presently have a tough job matching upto HT systems at home - especially the well put together ones. Visually a theatre is still better in my opinion. Simply because of the scale.

Audio wise - there is no competition in most cases. There was one exception where I had been to a different kind of film - Margazhi Raagam (Carnatic recital by Bombay Jayshree and T.M.Krishna with P.C. Sriram's cinematography). Curiously it was stunning to watch and to listen. I appreciated the sound capabilities of that particular theatre in the Sathyam complex - 6 degrees, I believe. In most other cases, the audio experience has been underwhelming.

Oh and The Hangover is eminently watchable. It is not great but it is good and a lot of fun.

theatres like the Sathyam cinemas in Chennai use state of the art digital projection and the image quality is superb. The sound is good but not great.

SATHYAM is a class apart when compared to the other theaters in chennai.....I thought SATHYAM had superior video quality and SANTHAM had better audio...Am I wrong ?? Anyway it has been 3 years since I watched a movie in the SATHYAM complex (After coming to Muscat never had a chance to visit Sathyam)

i had watched movie at sathyam in 2002 0r 2003.... havent come across one that good still..maybe am giong to the worng movie halls :p

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back